CWM recovery 6.0.4.4?

Search This thread

SoulEater-

Jun 11, 2012
Hello everyone,

I'm having problems when I'm trying to install 4.4 roms I keep getting this error

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in/sdcard/cyanaosp-v3.4.0_2.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

After looking into it most people say it's cause by old cwm version. However I couldn't find a newer version of cwm for my vibrant.

I currently have semaphore cwm recovery v6.0.3.8

Please help

Last edited:

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Hello everyone,

I'm having problems when I'm trying to install 4.4 roms I keep getting this error

After looking into it most people say it's cause by old cwm version. However I couldn't find a newer version of cwm for my vibrant.

I currently have semaphore cwm recovery v6.0.3.8

Please help
Have you tried reflashing right after that error? Please do so. Worked here.
CWM version doesn't have to do much if at all with this if you are above 6.0.0.0. Sometimes I use a March 2014 kernel (Semaphore) which has an older CWM (still above 6.0) and everything flashes just fine.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
@nirogu325

Quick question for you that I didn't want to put in the CM11 thread. I have my old Vibrant that I gave to my son and it has Slim 4.3 build 1, Semaphore and CWM 6.0.3.8 on it. I wanted to put him on CM11 but when I flash it I get a Status 7. Normally, I know how to get around this but for some reason it is not letting me flash it because it says that my device is a I-9000. I've checked Settings>About Phone and it shows T959 and I've even checked my build.prop and nowhere does it say I-9000. The only thing that I have from the I-9000 is the GB Bootloaders.

Any ideas?

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
@nirogu325

Quick question for you that I didn't want to put in the CM11 thread. I have my old Vibrant that I gave to my son and it has Slim 4.3 build 1, Semaphore and CWM 6.0.3.8 on it. I wanted to put him on CM11 but when I flash it I get a Status 7. Normally, I know how to get around this but for some reason it is not letting me flash it because it says that my device is a I-9000. I've checked Settings>About Phone and it shows T959 and I've even checked my build.prop and nowhere does it say I-9000. The only thing that I have from the I-9000 is the GB Bootloaders.

Any ideas?
Status 7 sometimes tends to be the assert lines inside the ROM .zip. Check inside the zip (I use 7Zip on my PC): META-INF > com > google > android > updater-script. Check in that script (I use Notepad++ on my PC) the first lines. In the picture I attached, I show you an example of the assert lines. Delete those if present. If that doesn't yield resuls, it could be the GB Bootloader. Although I could flash the newer CM builds with them by deleting the assert lines I showed you. I no longer have the GB Bootloader, so I had to flash my way through JFD to ICS and then to KK again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Status 7 sometimes tends to be the assert lines inside the ROM .zip. Check inside the zip (I use 7Zip on my PC): META-INF > com > google > android > updater-script. Check in that script (I use Notepad++ on my PC) the first lines. In the picture I attached, I show you an example of the assert lines. Delete those if present. If that doesn't yield resuls, it could be the GB Bootloader. Although I could flash the newer CM builds with them by deleting the assert lines I showed you. I no longer have the GB Bootloader, so I had to flash my way through JFD to ICS and then to KK again.

I just did it in Root Explorer. Anyways what I did was I deleted those Assert lines, rezipped it up and flashed. Got a failure due to partition errors (probably because for some reason it was still reading as an I-9000) and said if I wanted to continue to reflash the package. So I flashed my "rebuilt" package and gapps. Was faced with the Set-Up Wizard FC issue, so I thought that maybe I would try to reflash the unaltered CM11 zip to see if it fixed it (before I searched for the solution). It went through the first time with no errors. Still have the Set-Up FC issue, but once I get in my house where there is wifi (no sim in this phone), I can fix that right up, cause I know how to use the search function. ;)

Anyways, thanks for your help. If it came down to it, I would have flashed the Froyo BLs, but this was just as easy. If the next time the ROM updates and I can't get past that, I may have to flash them but I doubt it since I "sort of" tested that philosophy with my reflash from above.

Reactions: nirogu325

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
I just did it in Root Explorer. Anyways what I did was I deleted those Assert lines, rezipped it up and flashed. Got a failure due to partition errors (probably because for some reason it was still reading as an I-9000) and said if I wanted to continue to reflash the package. So I flashed my "rebuilt" package and gapps. Was faced with the Set-Up Wizard FC issue, so I thought that maybe I would try to reflash the unaltered CM11 zip to see if it fixed it (before I searched for the solution). It went through the first time with no errors. Still have the Set-Up FC issue, but once I get in my house where there is wifi (no sim in this phone), I can fix that right up, cause I know how to use the search function. ;)

Anyways, thanks for your help. If it came down to it, I would have flashed the Froyo BLs, but this was just as easy. If the next time the ROM updates and I can't get past that, I may have to flash them but I doubt it since I "sort of" tested that philosophy with my reflash from above.
The Setup Wizard FC only occurs if you flash everything at once (ROM + GApps). It's been happening since 4.4.4 was released a month ago. To bypass that you either:

1. Lower the notification panel and press the date on the upper left side. Calendar should open prompting you to enter your Google credentials along with Wi-Fi if not connected. Do so, then tap Back until you go back to the Setup Wizard. No more FC.

OR

2. Flash the ROM alone without GApps. Let it settle for 10 minutes after boot. Then you proceed to flash everything else.

Reactions: Woody

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @nirogu325

Any ideas?

The Setup Wizard FC only occurs if you flash everything at once (ROM + GApps). It's been happening since 4.4.4 was released a month ago. To bypass that you either:

1. Lower the notification panel and press the date on the upper left side. Calendar should open prompting you to enter your Google credentials along with Wi-Fi if not connected. Do so, then tap Back until you go back to the Setup Wizard. No more FC.

OR

2. Flash the ROM alone without GApps. Let it settle for 10 minutes after boot. Then you proceed to flash everything else.