XO Skins Installed looks beautiful + coupon

Search This thread

stretched

Jul 9, 2011
My install is now done and dried. Check it out

xoinstall.jpg

Also here is a 20% off coupon they just posted on twitter https://twitter.com/xoskins

Last week before Christmas! Here is a 20% Off coupon for you, our valued customers. Please share this code with anyone who loves their gadgets xochristmas20 for use at http://xoskins.com/

It's super simple to install. Fits perfectly with no orange peel

Their video as well. (Finally figured out how to post this.)

Added dslr pics from StonedImmaculate

xoskins48.jpg

Macro pics of case fit Thanks randpost
DSCN1186.jpg

DSCN1185.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg

Last edited:

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
I really want to pick one of these up since I have heard such good things about them. However, I am curious about how you prevent the liquid from getting into the ear piece when applying the protector. Is there a trick to covering the ear piece?

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Yes, I have this on my phone also and its amazing, virtually no orange peel and looks great. Highly recommended!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

predation

Jan 1, 2011
I really want to pick one of these up since I have heard such good things about them. However, I am curious about how you prevent the liquid from getting into the ear piece when applying the protector. Is there a trick to covering the ear piece?

just man up, don't use toooooo much solution and pat dry...
make sure you take out the battery and DON"T put it back in after as the phone will reboot.

just install and wait over night with cool air blowing over it.

i know it will be tough not to touch your new toy, but without US warranty work, not worth it.

Ovrclck

Apr 11, 2008
Orange County,CA

xoinstall.jpg

Also here is a 20% off coupon they just posted on twitter https://twitter.com/xoskins

Last week before Christmas! Here is a 20% Off coupon for you, our valued customers. Please share this code with anyone who loves their gadgets xochristmas20 for use at http://xoskins.com/

Argg!!! I literally just found your coupon after I just ordered lol

hiohokaybye

Jan 8, 2011
San Diego

The solution they have dries really quickly, they added some substance it in, so even if the tiniest bit gets in there, you shouldn't worry too much, unless you spill the whole bottle in there lol :p

EDIT: this is speaking from the person who DRENCHED the screen protector before applying lol

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
The solution they have dries really quickly, they added some substance it in, so even if the tiniest bit gets in there, you shouldn't worry too much, unless you spill the whole bottle in there lol :p

EDIT: this is speaking from the person who DRENCHED the screen protector before applying lol

X2.. mine was drenched

bowsersoulstar

May 2, 2011
I got one ordered this weekend hopefully arriving soon.

How difficult was the application? I'm not too keen on wet application (Zagg, ugh) but is it pretty much drench, lay it on the screen and shift to center ASAP? Past experience with Zaggs, I've usually had to lay it perfectly on the first try since I wouldn't be able to shift it around afterwards.

hiohokaybye

Jan 8, 2011
San Diego
I got one ordered this weekend hopefully arriving soon.

How difficult was the application? I'm not too keen on wet application (Zagg, ugh) but is it pretty much drench, lay it on the screen and shift to center ASAP? Past experience with Zaggs, I've usually had to lay it perfectly on the first try since I wouldn't be able to shift it around afterwards.

I'm assuming all wet applications should be the same, which means that your experience with zagg will be similar with xo.

You wouldn't be able to shift it around after its applied. However, you can peel it upwards, apply some more liquid, then place it back down :)
Did that with my skinomi, had no problem with it, should work with all wet screen protectors :)

Reactions: bowsersoulstar

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
It goes very close to the edge of the screen.

No orange peel
No rainbow effect

As I said before... highly recommended

Bobb_o

Aug 9, 2010
So I've never done a wet install. Basically I get as much of the liquid out as possible and then wait overnight for it to settle?

Masx

Jun 28, 2010
I don't think people realize that, sure even though your device isn't damaged from the liquid solution that may or may have leaked into the phone. BUT it probably set off the water damage sticker inside voiding your warranty.

That's the biggest fear for most people including myself.

Evostance

Nov 27, 2008
www.greghesp.com
I don't think people realize that, sure even though your device isn't damaged from the liquid solution that may or may have leaked into the phone. BUT it probably set off the water damage sticker inside voiding your warranty.

That's the biggest fear for most people including myself.

The water stickers are on the back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

xoinstall.jpg

Their video as well. (Finally figured out how to post this.)

Added dslr pics from StonedImmaculate

xoskins48.jpg

Macro pics of case fit Thanks randpost
    DSCN1186.jpg

DSCN1185.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg
    use this code
    labor50today for 50% off your purchase of any XO Skins product

I ordered mine Saturday with $3 off (byublue) hoping to get it soon. This cut to fit one that comes from costco blows lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
    i found out a trick to get the least amount of orange peel :

0 - REMOVE THE BATTERY

1 - apply the solution to the screen protector

2 - SLIDE it into position

3 - don't squeegee the solution just let it dry

4 - 12 hours and you are good to go

with this method it is very easy , fast , least amount of orange peel and dust
    Yep spots are still there next morning...I was super careful when I applied this and still got something under the screen. I guess I'll just get Ghost Armor.

what you should have done is taken a shower in a room and attempt putting the protector on after the shower because the humidity settles the dust.

you can try ghost armor, but you'll get the same results.