[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 9 KANG [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
@KeiranFTW: Is there a way I can add Navigation Bar (without framework-res changes) with similar properties as PlAyOSP?

Sent from R800x

idiotzach15

Apr 7, 2012
Laurel, MD
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
BIG thanks to sixstringsg for building nightlies for us on his server.

These are technically unofficial, so please do not file bug reports to FreeXperia or CyanogenMod, and instead post issues in this thread.

You can download the ROM from here: http://androtransfer.com/?developer=nightlies&folder=zeus

The ROM is GSM, so if you are a CDMA user, flash this over the top. If you are CDMA and are flashing this for the first time, please post for more assistance.

Remember, sixstringsg is behind this, so he is the one to thank.

The very first time, i installed overtop PlAyOSP, rebooted, then flashed the CDMA fix...... Black screen after kernel boot..... same thing after fullwhipe... ideas?
EDIT: tried one more time, now it says error, aborted, MD5 BS, Assert failed:getprop ("ro.product.device") == "r800i", a, at, zeus.....?

Last edited:

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Yep, same here. Should be a bad build... Will wait for tomorrow's build :)

Im getting the same thing. Probably a bad build.

The very first time, i installed overtop PlAyOSP, rebooted, then flashed the CDMA fix...... Black screen after kernel boot..... same thing after fullwhipe... ideas?
EDIT: tried one more time, now it says error, aborted, MD5 BS, Assert failed:getprop ("ro.product.device") == "r800i", a, at, zeus.....?

If you get a black screen after boot, try logcat, sometimes if there's a very specific issues (like drivers failing to load) you'll be able to pin point the problem (i've had it happen a couple of times to me with futzing with Gummy)

@KeiranFTW -- Is there anyway we can change zeus/boardconfig.mk line 12 to say "TARGET_OTA_ASSERT_DEVICE := R800i,R800a,R800at,R800x,zeus,zeusc" so that we won't have to change update-script every time we want to install this? (kinda like mine: https://github.com/paxchristos/android_device_semc_zeus/blob/ics/BoardConfig.mk )

Pax

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend

yosora

Apr 9, 2012
CM9 is (I think) the most popular AOSP-based rom (meaning it's derived from stock Android, without any manufacturer modifications). It adds extra settings, toggles, a theme framework, etc. Because of its popularity its usually quite stable and things get fixed pretty fast.

I don't really get what you mean but if you're just asking whether a new build will be released every day, yes. If you're asking whether it will automatically update after you've flashed it, I don't think so. You'll have to download and flash new builds yourself.

Oh thanks you dude! Yes that was exactly what I meant, Sorry, I have one last question :p

When I tried to install it CWM says: "Finding Update Package" and it stays like that and have to quit the battery. What ROM do I have to install before? Thanks :)

D

DennisDroid

So, i have tryed in last night but it didnt boot.

My Steps:
1. Flash .62 Stock with Wipe Cache and Factory Reset
2. Flash releated Kernel in the Package
3. Flash .zip via CWM
4. Flash gapps via CWM

But i had still a black screen so i went to the new AOKP ROM with Theme Chooser and i love it :)

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
About the assert thing, there is an easier way to do it :)
In build.prop change:
Code:
ro.product.board=
to:
Code:
ro.product.board=zeus
and you should now be able to flash the file fine :)

Reactions: Leraeniesh

Mogul345

Apr 14, 2006
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Hey guys,

Coming from Pax's thread. I realize what I say next will likely be construed as *****ing, but is there any way you guys can bake in the CDMA patch and just have two update.zips sitting side by side? I haven't finished building a Linux VM to do builds, but I suppose there's a "post build" step like in Visual Studio where you could copy in the patch files to the .zip?

I feel like we're back to where we started, as the red headed stepchildren of the Play community, having to patch a GSM build manually to get it to run on the R800x. I understand it's just another zip to flash in the process, and it's not really that big of a deal, but I really appreciated what Pax did for us. Made it feel like we had some sort of official CM support.

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
Hey guys,

Coming from Pax's thread. I realize what I say next will likely be construed as *****ing, but is there any way you guys can bake in the CDMA patch and just have two update.zips sitting side by side? I haven't finished building a Linux VM to do builds, but I suppose there's a "post build" step like in Visual Studio where you could copy in the patch files to the .zip?

I feel like we're back to where we started, as the red headed stepchildren of the Play community, having to patch a GSM build manually to get it to run on the R800x. I understand it's just another zip to flash in the process, and it's not really that big of a deal, but I really appreciated what Pax did for us. Made it feel like we had some sort of official CM support.

Why would you cook 2 different ROMs for nearly the same device? Think of your R800x as an R800i, that just needs very slight modification for full functionality.

Also this way, everyone wins.

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Why would you cook 2 different ROMs for nearly the same device? Think of your R800x as an R800i, that just needs very slight modification for full functionality.

Also this way, everyone wins.

Don't think of it this way, it is this way :D
New CM kernel update coming tomorrow when I upload.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
Hey guys,

The conversion package linked in the op prevents them from having to make two update zips for each version of the device. Not to mention the fact that it also works for AOKPlay as well as MIUI v4.

panzerscope

Jul 9, 2009
This looks great but do have a question. Once I install a stock from for the baseband, do I then just flash the correct kernal and flash the CM nightly.zip in cwm? And that's it? Cheers guys

Sent from my R800i using XDA

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Does wifi tethering work on this let??

What kernel do I use? Any CM ICS one?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They should build every night, if they don't build for three or four nights in a row, shoot me a PM and I'll fix it. I should notice before then though.
    BIG thanks to sixstringsg for building nightlies for us on his server as official CM nightlies cannot be enabled for our device yet as there is still some stuff broken.

These are technically unofficial, so please do not file bug reports to FreeXperia or CyanogenMod, and instead post issues in this thread.

You can download the ROM from here: http://androtransfer.com/?developer=nightlies&folder=zeus

The ROM is GSM, so if you are a CDMA user, flash this over the top. If you are CDMA and are flashing this for the first time, please post for more assistance.

Working:
    Video decoder for playback
    Camera back and front
    GSM & 3G Data
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    USB Tethering
    Touchpads (semi-working, our implementation)
    Game pad
    Sound
    3D and 2D (adreno)
    Recovery
    FPS uncapped
    Stereo sound
    Audio over Bluetooth
    Video recording

Not working:
    Full touch pad support.
    WiFi hotspot

Bug reports on this thread please.

Remember, sixstringsg is behind this, so he is the one to thank.
    Man, I never expected to see sixstringsg here. I've enjoyed your work with the Glitch Kernel on the Fascinate, and now you've followed me here. The dev community just keeps getting better and better for this phone!

I'm not developing here, just helping out the community wherever I can. I heard you didn't have nightlies and wanted them, so I offered my server/time to do it.
    For the more nerdy of you, here's the bot that builds your builds: http://exynos.co:8080/job/cm9git/ It will show you console output if you want to watch it build for some reason, and it will show build errors.
    zeusc builds are now up.