[ROM] Discontinued [Classicnerd ICS / Pre Alpha JB 4.2.1] Butta HD [12-30-12]

Search This thread

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
I have posted the following in other threads and forums. I'm posting it here to get the widest dissimination.

This has been discussed in several different forums and threads at great length. I can't say that this is the perfect solution to every issue, but I have put 2+2 together and found that what I am about to describe is repeatable.

DO NOT turn your TouchPad off and then plug it in to charge! Here is what will most likely happen, plugging it will start it back up and unless you have Moboot set to boot to WebOS, your TP will boot into Android and will not charge. I have tested this many times on mine and several friends TP's and it happens every time. If you need to charge your TP while in Android, leave it on, plug it in and tap the power button to put it to sleep. You might want to turn off wifi to allow your TP to charge faster.

I can't speak to any other rom or kernel other than CM9 where I have tested this. If you are running AOKP, Bricked, CN or CherryKang, you might want to test this and report back what you find.

Hopefully a development team will resolve this, but until then, if you want to avoid at least one cause of charging issues, heed this warning.

If you don't have this issue in CN , the please disregard this post.

rbarkus

Aug 13, 2011
I have posted the following in other threads and forums. I'm posting it here to get the widest dissimination.

This has been discussed in several different forums and threads at great length. I can't say that this is the perfect solution to every issue, but I have put 2+2 together and found that what I am about to describe is repeatable.

DO NOT turn your TouchPad off and then plug it in to charge! Here is what will most likely happen, plugging it will start it back up and unless you have Moboot set to boot to WebOS, your TP will boot into Android and will not charge. I have tested this many times on mine and several friends TP's and it happens every time. If you need to charge your TP while in Android, leave it on, plug it in and tap the power button to put it to sleep. You might want to turn off wifi to allow your TP to charge faster.

I can't speak to any other rom or kernel other than CM9 where I have tested this. If you are running AOKP, Bricked, CN or CherryKang, you might want to test this and report back what you find.

Hopefully a development team will resolve this, but until then, if you want to avoid at least one cause of charging issues, heed this warning.

If you don't have this issue in CN , the please disregard this post.
Not a problem for me on CN. My TP will reboot when plugged in, but it charges. And it charges if I pick shutdown in moboot.

EViollet

Aug 9, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Not a problem for me on CN. My TP will reboot when plugged in, but it charges. And it charges if I pick shutdown in moboot.

Same here. However, I tried AOKP once on my 32Gb TP and had the issue. Couldn't charge using the USB cable. Touchstone worked fine though. On the other hand, the same ROM on my wife's 16Gb TP had no issue apart from frequent crashes. Switched her to CN and now she's happy!! :D

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
sounds good. Let me know any changes you have and I can test out for you too. Tommy is almost done with finals and will be diving in again. HD should hopefully be a thing of the past.

Thanks
~leo

honestly...I can't wait for that! I have been longing to jump back to CN just cuz it is super smooth and easy to work with. I strayed away recently due to the kids like watching their shows on Netflix and the wifey's ipad is not always free either so we take turns. but i will tell you, other roms are not the same like CN. i have tried so hard to edit stuff and make it more like home, but i just keep missing it.

thank you guys for all your hard work, and can't wait for the next big update from the CN team!!

Harsh

Inactive Recognized Developer
honestly...I can't wait for that! I have been longing to jump back to CN just cuz it is super smooth and easy to work with. I strayed away recently due to the kids like watching their shows on Netflix and the wifey's ipad is not always free either so we take turns. but i will tell you, other roms are not the same like CN. i have tried so hard to edit stuff and make it more like home, but i just keep missing it.

thank you guys for all your hard work, and can't wait for the next big update from the CN team!!

Changes have been made to enable hw acceleration by me in my github. We have to wait for leo to compile, hope it compiles without errors.

slam11100

Jul 23, 2010
Clifton Park
Hey all. Running latest buttah. Is anyone getting speaker crackle at high volumes? Tried oats rom because of it and sound was fine even at high volumes. Ideas? Thanks

Sweet! Turns out i was not running latest cn. Flashed most recent and sound issues gone. Cranking out jack white right now. Thanks cn! Cheers

Sent from my Touchpad using xda premium

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
Changes have been made to enable hw acceleration by me in my github. We have to wait for leo to compile, hope it compiles without errors.

Hey man, were you the one I was talking to about this in the IRC? If so, I didn't know how to get in touch with you.

Leo just left for vacation and wont be back for 5 days I think. If you can PM me all the gits, I can see about building it for you.

Reactions: ewalk4866

Harsh

Hey man, were you the one I was talking to about this in the IRC? If so, I didn't know how to get in touch with you.

Leo just left for vacation and wont be back for 5 days I think. If you can PM me all the gits, I can see about building it for you.

PM sent to you, Leo and also to tommy... hope one of you would be available to compile :D
I would have did it, if not replaced my HDD with SSD, currently waiting for my optibay to be delivered :eek:

sigson

Aug 21, 2008
Will the leak of the evo 3d ICS help with camera at all?

sent from my old school Amiga 1000

sigson

Aug 21, 2008
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1635102

Here it is, the EVO3d section is off the hook right now. I am not sure if this is the Virgin Mobile one or not (it dropped yesterday) but lots of people are confirming everything (Wimax included) works flawlessly....

{Edit} Looks like it is indeed the Virgin Mobile one please look at what Joelz dropped (below) for the cleaned up version that is correct for Sprint EVO 3d.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1634506

Last edited:
Reactions: kopitekid

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Sorry, had to comment. We just got back from walking across the start of the Mississippi River. Man, is it ever beautiful up here. We are the only people staying at the resort.

Also, no tv or computer but full bars on phone so I have Google music...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

samsky

Account currently disabled
Oct 11, 2011
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Sorry, had to comment. We just got back from walking across the start of the Mississippi River. Man, is it ever beautiful up here. We are the only people staying at the resort.

Also, no tv or computer but full bars on phone so I have Google music...

Great!!! Enjoy as much as you can phones and tablets come and go but family is for ever. Anyways that will give you the clear mind to help us later. Eeenjoy!!

r_locko

Apr 28, 2009
Chicago
Not to ruin your vaca but if you have your TP with ya, you should use FoxFi and connect your phone to you tab. Just sayin. :)

Sent from my CN TP using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reserved.

Thanks,
    ~leo
    Hello my fellow classicnerdians,

I just wanted to take this time and talk a little about how we can start being more possitive and less cut throat on some of the new people joining our club.

While a lot of us know that we are a bunch of sarcastic, egotistical, snobbish, nerds, they may not understand 99.9% of the time we are just kidding around. Being a sacastic SOB myself, I sit back and laugh usually. But lets try to turn this ship in the right direction please.

Something I'm considering is to close this thread and start a new one in the next day or two when we drop our ROM for the masses. Why? Well people really would have to fish thru 30 pages of not much related to developement. Also, people are starting to email and pm me pretty much with a bad taste all together from some negative comments.

Heres what I would like to see. Be more positive. Kindly just answer the questions and move on. If its a troll, let's all just pm them and keep the banter down in the thread. Chat like usual but also remember, we are here to developed, abreast question, and help. We do have a fantastic chatroom where we can kick off the shoes and give each other crap.

In the days ahead, we will be expecting a 1,000's of downloads daily and a lot more chat about this ROM verses that ROM. We need to remember, even though its officially our source, its forked from evervolv, who's forked from cm, and team kang is forked from cm. So these ROMs are very similar. Our source will become Modded with all the tricks we can possible make which may give a different approach to the ROM. But keep in mind, we need cm, we need evervolv, we need team kang, and we need all of you to help this community by setting an example of positivity, by choosing to be a leader not a follower, by helping, not slamming. Answer the question and move on. If its been addressed, let it die.

I promised you guys that all donations would be used wisely and they have been. You've assembled a team I'm proud to call my friends, ones that are willing to answer questions at 3am cause I'm stuck. I'm a sense dev at heart, but now am becoming a source dev thanks mainly because of you guys trusting and believing in my abilities so much, now I have confidense to run with the big dogs. I ask you guys do the same.

Thank you all so much. Serious. I won't forget how I got to where I'm at. I just want us to be an example for how a thread should be.

Thanks for listening.

Leo

You know what just post it here! Let everyone enjoy!

Maybe just throw it up here and not op yet til tomorrow.

:)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

kk, i was uploading this to mediafire anyway....saving the official release for the website. Sounds good. Consider this the place for the download link.

Download Link

If you are coming from a previous version of classicnerd ICS, you should just be able to wipe cache and flash rom, then flash gapps and ur set. Coming from another rom will require a factory reset, followed by the directions above. Enjoy!

MD5 Link

Guys/Gals Make sure you hit your thanks button to everyone who's helped bring this in to existance.

TommyTomato, Me, CM, Evervolv, Harsh, Misfit, Mindsplit, ewalk, Chubbzlou, TMartin, AOKP, and more.... It's taken awhile to bring this to you but it's a really bad a$$ rom.
    you'll be happy to know that the classicnerd aosp repo is nearly completely.

I have 98% of code uploaded to github. preview here - nothing to checkout yet

I spent a good half of today getting this together. It's going to be a fun experiment.

I am going to do some final revisions and then we will post instructions for how to download then compile your own.

Beginning with the next build we have changelog, bug tracker, et cetera. Being that this is officially our source we finally feel comfortable releasing publicly as our own.

This said......

I cannot give enough thanks and love to dalingrin (on behalf of cm team) and preludedrew (on behalf of evervolv), and also AOKP. I (nor anyone else on classicnerd, I would hope) claim to be pros. But the three parties I mentioned are pros. I thank these guys for doing everything they've done thus far, and if you want to show anyone love these guys deserve it. We are in this for fun and thus far it has been a learning experience (especially since most of us are sense-devs). Once everything is up and official I will post a list of every piece of code borrowed.

I (on behalf of Classicnerd) hope you guys will enjoy what we offer. I look forward to some vanilla flavored Ice cream sammiches.

Good night everyone!
    I wanted to take some time here and say thanks to you all. Not every day can an average Joe step in to xda and start learning aosp. I have to give a tremendous amount of credit to two people who really helped explain things to get the ball rolling. Those would be Preludedrew and tommytomatoe.

The driving force behind such a project has always been the kind people in here. It would take all day to name everyone, but you who you are!

The decision to discontinue CN was mainly not having time. I've been hard at work trying to get myself in a position to move in to the upper management role at work and its quite a process. So by the time I get done putting in 50-55 hrs a week, there isn't much time for my family. As many may know, having a 5 yr old boy will want a lot of attention which is well needed by both of us. Thankfully my wife has been able to keep the house in order so I can work on my career.

To the others that just like to cause crap, and we all know who you are, its been a pleasure not reading your spam....lol. Not arguing with you, or defending our work because you CANT contribute to this wonderful forum, has been equally rewarding. I really hope XDA admins ban ever one of the trolls or trouble starters. There is too much drama to even worry about it. Family and life are way more important.

Thanks again for everything. Take care

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app