Odd Issue With a Micro Sd

Search This thread

pwnerman

Mar 1, 2011
Flintstone
Hey guys this is my last place to turn before I just go buy a new one but I want to see if anyone at all can help me.

I have a Sandisk 32 GB Class 4 Micro Sd. I bought it off a guy on the xda marketplace and it was in the factory packaging and took me a half hour to get out so I doubt it was fake unless people forge the packaging.

Well the other day I went to copy a file onto the card by mounting it to the computer. It copied just fine but when I unmounted the card and went onto the phone the file was no where to be found. This was off to me so I mounted the card again and it opened fine but there was no file. I then copied it again and it said it worked like it normally does. i unmounted then mounted right away and guess what the file didn't exist.

This is where it gets interesting.

I then mount the card again and select everything and delete it all. It says it works fine. I then disconnect the card then mount it again and guess what all the files are back. Like nothing happened. I then proceed to format in windows by right clicking and hitting format. It didnt do anything. I then go into recovery on the phone and try and format it. Nothing happens. I then connect the card directly to the computer with a micro to sd card adapter that is made by sandisk. It mounts to the computer fine. I then go into Easeus Partition Manager and click format. It finishes and comes up with an error saying There are some error occurred while writing partition chains on disk.

If anyone has any idea please help.

UPDATE: I have contacted Sandisk and they are going to send me a brand new card.

Last edited:

prasad12ka4

Hey guys this is my last place to turn before I just go buy a new one but I want to see if anyone at all can help me.

I have a Sandisk 32 GB Class 4 Micro Sd. I bought it off a guy on the xda marketplace and it was in the factory packaging and took me a half hour to get out so I doubt it was fake unless people forge the packaging.

Well the other day I went to copy a file onto the card by mounting it to the computer. It copied just fine but when I unmounted the card and went onto the phone the file was no where to be found. This was off to me so I mounted the card again and it opened fine but there was no file. I then copied it again and it said it worked like it normally does. i unmounted then mounted right away and guess what the file didn't exist.

I then mount the card again and select everything and delete it all. It says it works fine. I then disconnect the card then mount it again and guess what all the files are back. Like nothing happened. I then proceed to format in windows by right clicking and hitting format. It didnt do anything. I then go into recovery on the phone and try and format it. Nothing happens. I then connect the card directly to the computer with a micro to sd card adapter that is made by sandisk. It mounts to the computer fine. I then go into Easeus Partition Manager and click format. It finishes and comes up with an error saying There are some error occurred while writing partition chains on disk.

Is the card detected by the mobile?
If yes, try to format it in the mobile itself with the format option.
Also check how much space it shows , before & after formatting.

zenomega1

May 31, 2012
Could be a duff card but sometimes I have had this if the card has not been fully un mounted try waiting a couple more minutes before removing the card to give the system time to fully un mount it
Or it will not be written to.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

pwnerman

Mar 1, 2011
Flintstone
Is the card detected by the mobile?
If yes, try to format it in the mobile itself with the format option.
Also check how much space it shows , before & after formatting.

The card is detected by mobile and I've tried that also it doesn't work. I think I'm just gonna call this card dead. Its under warranty so does anyone know the best way to get a new card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 22, 2013
Same Problem As You Had !!!

UPDATE: I have contacted Sandisk and they are going to send me a brand new card.

Are you know its solution now ???

Nov 22, 2013
Wow !!! Keep it use :)

Sent from my GT-B5512 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

I have also given my sdcard for replace. Thank you for post here for guide me...

Sent from my GT-B5512 using xda app-developers app

threehappypenguins

Jan 13, 2014
Nooooo. This is the same issue I'm having! Ugh... mine is a 64 gb and we're about to go on a long trip. I wanted to add more music. And I can't afford to buy one from the local stores. They're too expensive! :'(
I bought mine from GeekBuying.