[Q] Firefox os on Galaxy tab 10.1

Search This thread
Jan 14, 2013
Okay, so I've been trying to port firefox os to the galaxy tab and have run into a problem. Take a look:

Code:
$ ./config.sh galaxy-tab-10.1
gpg: keyring `/home/kobalt/.repoconfig/gnupg/secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring `/home/kobalt/.repoconfig/gnupg/pubring.gpg' created
gpg: /home/kobalt/.repoconfig/gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key 920F5C65: public key "Repo Maintainer <repo@android.kernel.org>" imported
gpg: key 338871A4: public key "Conley Owens <cco3@android.com>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 2
gpg:               imported: 2  (RSA: 1)

Get https://gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo/clone.bundle
Get git://github.com/mozilla-b2g/b2g-manifest
remote: Counting objects: 237, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (139/139), done.
remote: Total 237 (delta 145), reused 166 (delta 80)
Receiving objects: 100% (237/237), 30.29 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (145/145), done.
From git://github.com/mozilla-b2g/b2g-manifest
 * [new branch]      master     -> origin/master
 * [new branch]      nightly    -> origin/nightly
fatal: manifest 'galaxy-tab-10.1.xml' not available
fatal: manifest galaxy-tab-10.1.xml not found
Repo sync failed

I think this occurring because it is trying to find "galaxy-tab-10.1" in git://github.com/mozilla-b2g/b2g-manifest when there is no such file or directory with that name in the repository. Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, and if this port is successful, I will make sure to post back the results. :)

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
I know this isn't helping..but I was wondering, isn't firefox os only for phones?

I didn't know that there was a tablet version..

Please let me know..

Either way, hope it progresses well!

Jan 14, 2013
I know this isn't helping..but I was wondering, isn't firefox os only for phones?

Please let me know..

Well, I haven't really heard a lot about people using it on their tablets... but worst case scenario, I'll just have to adjust the dpi or a few minor things.

There is no reason I can think of why this wouldn't work. :)

Just saw a tweet from XDA they added a Firefox OS section, might be able to find your answer there :)

I posted a thread over there a little bit ago. Hopefully I'll hear back soon; I really want to find out what went wrong so I can get back to building this thing. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: sw6lee

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Well, I haven't really heard a lot about people using it on their tablets... but worst case scenario, I'll just have to adjust the dpi or a few minor things.

I posted a thread over there a little bit ago. Hopefully I'll hear back soon; I really want to find out what went wrong so I can get back to building this thing. :fingers-crossed:

I wish I could contribute more to help out, it would be cool to see Firefox and Ubuntu ported. Best of luck!

Reactions: Kobalt.Kitsune
Jan 14, 2013
Well I figured it out... It was indeed a problem with my manifest.xml file. Anyway, I'm glad I decided to spend the week building this. I've already learned so much about how to use git, c++, and a bunch of other invaluable skills from this little project.

Getting back on topic, this first build (if it works) will only be for us gt-p7510 users. After that, I will start work on the other galaxy tab models.

Cross your fingers. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: nakedninja42

arashtarafar

Sep 26, 2010
Hi, this is interesting work, I'll be your next tester if you like... :good:
Also take a look at ReactOS project that has been developed for both ARM and x86, I'm struggling to run it on my tab(P7500)...:D
It has never been a problem to run P7510 ROMs on P7500, so don't be afraid to test all the things you get for the TABs;)
Thanks again for trying to bring new life(new OS I mean) in the SGT forums...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please let me know..

Just saw a tweet from XDA they added a Firefox OS section, might be able to find your answer there :)

I wish I could contribute more to help out, it would be cool to see Firefox and Ubuntu ported. Best of luck!
    Well I figured it out... It was indeed a problem with my manifest.xml file. Anyway, I'm glad I decided to spend the week building this. I've already learned so much about how to use git, c++, and a bunch of other invaluable skills from this little project.

Getting back on topic, this first build (if it works) will only be for us gt-p7510 users. After that, I will start work on the other galaxy tab models.

Cross your fingers. :fingers-crossed: