Your opinions on this phone

Search This thread

famous145

Sep 16, 2010
So my upgrade is in a couple weeks. So I'm debating between this phone, Samsung galaxy s3, or the droid dna. What are your opinions on Samsung galaxy note 2?

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
Note 2 has bigger and brighter screen, and longer lasting battery than S3. Other than that, they are very similar.

DNA doesn't have a removable battery or allow you to add more storage. You're pretty much stuck with 16gig, which is what the Note 2 comes standard with, but the Note 2 allows you to expand up to an additional 64 gigs.

This topic HAS been beaten to death...but the Note 2 still wins ;)

Sent from my Inverted Beans ROM @ 240 DPI

ScottieB

Dec 16, 2012
NYC
Don't forget the s-pen! That's the main reason I went with the note (along with screen second and battery third; and wanting to leave iOS - unrankable).

Dakota0206

Sep 17, 2011
www.okc-tech.com
You might also wait until march to see what the S4 will offer. If you dont want to wait, most people a very very happy with their Note 2. I especially love the Note 2's battery life.

Whatever your choice is, good luck. And please search before you post. There are several people that dont mind helping, but it can be frustrating to help those who dont help themselves.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
You might also wait until march to see what the S4 will offer. If you dont want to wait, most people a very very happy with their Note 2. I especially love the Note 2's battery life.

Whatever your choice is, good luck. And please search before you post. There are several people that dont mind helping, but it can be frustrating to help those who dont help themselves.

The SGS4 is likely 6-8 months off at this point. Their last release was in the summer, and every release before that was in the summer in the US (late spring internationally). If you want a phone now, I'd say get the Note 2, if you can wait, this coming summer/fall looks like it will be amazing

famous145

Sep 16, 2010
Well as of right now that's a rumor that the s4 will be out in March. Also I have a lg revolution which is the worst phone I ever bought

Geminidragon99

Nov 25, 2011
Well as of right now that's a rumor that the s4 will be out in March. Also I have a lg revolution which is the worst phone I ever bought

Lol I remember selling that phone when I worked for Vzw. It was great at the time but now...well you already know. I got my note2 on Xmas eve and I can't think of any other device I would own at this point. The spen opens up so many options. I find myself officially spoiled after owning this. No other phone on Verizon in my opinion can rival the Note2 unless you can't deal with the size.

famous145

Sep 16, 2010
Even Verizon and lg said the phone sucked. That's why the released the spectrum so quick

Dakota0206

Sep 17, 2011
www.okc-tech.com

I wasnt saying the phone will be out in march. I said wait until march to see what it will have to offer. I was referring to it being announced in march. Either ar MWC or its own event.

Just to be clear: I agree the S4 will more than likely not be available for purchase until July in the US.

On a side note: my gf cousin works for a company that plans big events for corporations. They have been working on something big for Samsung. He was in town for christmas and was pretty much on the phone (ironically an iPhone) the whole time having teleconferences with Korea. My guess is the S4 but they dont get told the actual product until a couple of weeks out.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
I think the Note 2 is the best phone out right now. All phones have compromises. S3 only has 1gb of RAM, DNA doesn't have expandable storage and battery life is so/so.
I've only had the note 2 a few days, but I've been a little disappointed with battery life. I'm coming from a Rezound with extended battery (2750mah). The battery life is similar to that and the Rezound got bashed for poor battery life. I was expecting a little more. Guessing it might get better after a few charge cycles. I find myself having to charge about an hour a night. The good thing is that it is a 2amp charger so it charges fast.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
I think the Note 2 is the best phone out right now. All phones have compromises. S3 only has 1gb of RAM, DNA doesn't have expandable storage and battery life is so/so.
I've only had the note 2 a few days, but I've been a little disappointed with battery life. I'm coming from a Rezound with extended battery (2750mah). The battery life is similar to that and the Rezound got bashed for poor battery life. I was expecting a little more. Guessing it might get better after a few charge cycles. I find myself having to charge about an hour a night. The good thing is that it is a 2amp charger so it charges fast.

S3 had 2gb of RAM is the International version that had 1. Is basically a smaller note without the pen

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
S3 had 2gb of RAM is the International version that had 1. Is basically a smaller note without the pen

The S3 and the Note 2 should never ever be compared. They are totally different devices in almost every way possible. Not bashing you kintwofan, or anyone in particular, just saying these 2 devices should not even be in the same sentence.

It's more like DNA vs S3/4, or do I want a mini tablet with a Wacom pen.

Personally at this point I recommend you wait another month for the S4 reveal and see if that floats your boat OP. I would never recommend an S3 to someone, it's 2013. Especially not a US variant S3 which has horrible specs compared to most devices released in the last 6 months. So you want someone who owns a Note 2's opinion OP? Wait a month.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
The S3 and the Note 2 should never ever be compared. They are totally different devices in almost every way possible. Not bashing you kintwofan, or anyone in particular, just saying these 2 devices should not even be in the same sentence.

It's more like DNA vs S3/4, or do I want a mini tablet with a Wacom pen.

Personally at this point I recommend you wait another month for the S4 reveal and see if that floats your boat OP. I would never recommend an S3 to someone, it's 2013. Especially not a US variant S3 which has horrible specs compared to most devices released in the last 6 months. So you want someone who owns a Note 2's opinion OP? Wait a month.

Ya I guess bad comparison. All I really meant was it had 2gb of RAM should have just stopped there. I actually really liked mind though (when in good signal area).

SwiftLegend

Apr 1, 2010
The Note 2 is a tank of a phone, I just wish there was some more dev support. The Dev Sections are pretty much ghost towns :/

famous145

Sep 16, 2010
Now I wanna ask which rom you like the most. Apologize if this has been asked.

MikesDroid

Sep 4, 2007
I have both the Note 2 and S3 and prefer the S3 over the Note. Both phones are great, but I personally like the S3 better. The S3 is stock / rooted and the Note 2 is stock / unrooted which may have something to do w/ it. It seems there's more to do with the S3 as far as the Dev community, it's not too big and I have never had any issues with it. I've had the Note 2 for about 4 weeks now and sometimes it won't send a text message until I restart the phone.

Top Liked Posts