HTC One tiny gap between casing

Search This thread

ILS_SuperNova

May 3, 2010
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=41cb339f46&view=att&th=13d8340b74746c5a&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_Q5-vWqhENU8nd5ekGtYFt&sadet=1363706767414&sads=CMeEp3tEkU1SbCsFN3rfu84Dgs4&sadssc=17

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...363706870695&sads=p-2Xb2GQeBUaK85Lopw2gw6D9Hs

Afternoon all,

So yeah I'm loving this phone greatly, but I've noticed something horrible for a phone so well made.
If anyway else owns one can you please check if your headset has a tiny gap ( Im really do mean tiny gap) between the front metal casing and
the cream looking plastic band around the phone. So were the headjack and on switch is . . . .
I noticed it last night and if I press the back and front together the gap closes.
After speaking to P4U they said no one else has rang in with such problem and they said they would exchange it wen more arrive in stock.
I ended up going in store were I discover they ave one there but is a pre ordered handset. The guy did open it up and checked both handsets.
They new one did also have a tiny gap but not as bad?

Bit shocked as I havent really used the phone alot as Im still using my S3 till I pay my contract off.

Anyone else got this?7

Cheers

Last edited:

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
Re: HTC One Owners check it out!

I have read somewhere 2 weeks ago it is a problem for some demo set. But seems it existing on retail phone now. Also I heard iphone5 has such problem but people think it acceptable.

So maybe other users can give their view.

And you would better to have a clear photo upload others can judge.

ILS_SuperNova

May 3, 2010
I have read somewhere 2 weeks ago it is a problem for some demo set. But seems it existing on retail phone now. Also I heard iphone5 has such problem but people think it acceptable.

So maybe other users can give their view.

And you would better to have a clear photo upload others can judge.

What would be best way to post a photo on here? I havent actually needed to do it before?

JesseMT4G

Aug 30, 2011
Youngstown

There was another thread on this exact issue. It is very small, but then again these phones aren't exacty cheap. So should be uniform all around.

Sent from a galaxy far away!

wyase9

Nov 23, 2011

I got mine today, have looked but not used the phone yet. On both the top and bottom, I can squeeze and a hairline gap will come together, but I don't think this is a problem really. It is negligible and it probably won't have any impact at all, the phone still seems premium and solid in the hand, and it is not like they advertise it as being waterproof or anything in which case this would be an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ILS_SuperNova

May 3, 2010
Ive put two links to photos I took. Hopefully the links work. One is with gap and then me pushing the edges together . . .

Last edited:

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21

ILS_SuperNova

May 3, 2010
Yeah I maybe abit paranoid on this matter. After seeing the other newly opened htc one and seeing that also had a little gap then I though maybe
its just the way its made. I will see hopefully thursday if more come into stock.

trickyhenry

Dec 27, 2007

If I'm looking at the same thing is u on top of the phone theres a very very small gap between the metal casing and plastic filler.
Can't see I'm bothered about a gap of 0.25mm though. I don't think I'd ever want a replacement.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

mmx6688

Dec 16, 2009
Amazon Fire TV
This photo is posted by others sometime ago.
But this kind of gap also on other phones, like S4.

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 5,999

Top Liked Posts