Can't acheive FULLY functional Photosphere camera on 4.3 ROMS

Search This thread

ripdoozer

Sep 20, 2011
Austin, MN
Hello,
I apologize if this topic has been covered in another thread. I looked and couldn't find the information that I wanted.

I am Stuck on TW roms because I can't get any of the Photosphere enabled cameras to be fully functional on any 4.3 AOSP roms.
I think I have tried them all. No matter the camera app/rom/kernel combination that I try, the camera always force closes or reboots my device when I use any of the front facing Camera/Video cam features. This is truely preventing me from using a 4.3 rom as a DD.

This may be a Noob question, even though I have been flashing roms since my Eris...but, why are there no ROM's that have a Photoshpere camera included? Why can I only get that camera as an .apk or flashable .zip? Confuses me.

For now, I am stuck on TW because I can have the Samsung Camera (which i love), and I can have a fully functional Photosphere camera and run them side by side.

If I could use the camera that comes with the 4.3 rom (for front facing camera & vid cam, i.e. hangouts) AND load the Photosphere cam, I would be happy, but one has to replace the other...unlesss there is a workaround I am not aware of.

Thanks!

Mac

uberSkeptic

Oct 16, 2013
Hello,
I apologize if this topic has been covered in another thread. I looked and couldn't find the information that I wanted.

I am Stuck on TW roms because I can't get any of the Photosphere enabled cameras to be fully functional on any 4.3 AOSP roms.
I think I have tried them all. No matter the camera app/rom/kernel combination that I try, the camera always force closes or reboots my device when I use any of the front facing Camera/Video cam features. This is truely preventing me from using a 4.3 rom as a DD.

This may be a Noob question, even though I have been flashing roms since my Eris...but, why are there no ROM's that have a Photoshpere camera included? Why can I only get that camera as an .apk or flashable .zip? Confuses me.

For now, I am stuck on TW because I can have the Samsung Camera (which i love), and I can have a fully functional Photosphere camera and run them side by side.

If I could use the camera that comes with the 4.3 rom (for front facing camera & vid cam, i.e. hangouts) AND load the Photosphere cam, I would be happy, but one has to replace the other...unlesss there is a workaround I am not aware of.

Thanks!

Mac

You CAN get that camera as an APK - right here:

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/themes-apps/kitkat-gallery-camera-android-4-4-t2508471?goto=newpost

I'd post the link myself, but don't have enough priveliges to do so.

-somebody-

Apr 2, 2011
GB
im using the photosphere camera on MOAR v8 from their Hub and im having zero issues with it.