Random call drops

Search This thread

turulojko

Feb 3, 2011
I have problem with my Xperia Z2, almost every time I'm on a call with someone I get random call drops.
The cellular signal is full. I don't know what it can be.

The phone firmware is 17.1.A.2.55 (stock) and it says that the phone has the latest updates. (T-Mobile)

Anyone experienced this problem?
Is this hardware or software problem?

twistedddx

Oct 23, 2010
It could be anything, but I would first start with your carrier or who you bought the phone from.

Do the drop outs happen anywhere or typically in your house or local area? Maybe your local area just has poor coverage on your current provider?

turulojko

Feb 3, 2011
It could be anything, but I would first start with your carrier or who you bought the phone from.

Do the drop outs happen anywhere or typically in your house or local area? Maybe your local area just has poor coverage on your current provider?

The call drops happen anywhere.
Like I said, the cellular signal is full, but the drop occurs.

JackHanAnLG

Apr 12, 2012
Southend
Same happens to me. I figured it out. The screen is still on although your on a call and it seems off. So if your lips touch the end call button it will obviously end

J

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

stu_tls

Jun 7, 2012
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
do you sometimes find that you are in different menu's too when you end a call?

you could be pressing buttons while on the phone

there is a few with this problem

for some reason when on a call you can press buttons with the side of your face and even cut people off! I have put mine in to airplane mode turned wifi, bluetooth and location on and all sorts of things

all this is with the proximity sensor covered and screen blank!

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

heres two threads on it

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769679

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775722

turulojko

Feb 3, 2011
Never in a different menu.
I'll try to speak on a speaker phone and see if the call will drop.
If not, than maybe its the proximity sensor.