[MOD][XPOSED][2.3+]Hijri Date in Statusbar

Search This thread

legalmantra

Feb 13, 2008
Why it shows to many entries in status bar when i restart the it shows 3 rows of date after that when i drop down the status bar every time one time increase the entry so please check the error

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Same problem, plz fix

Sent from my C6903 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

kotey

Aug 11, 2009
/etc/
Some suggestions

Tested all Xposed Clock modules (Lunar/Chinese, Persian, Hijri, Hebrew) each have issues.
Not going to discuss all of that, only the Hijri Clock, some suggestions:

1. Option (droplist or radio button) replacing tickboxes:
- on Statusbar
- on Notification
- on BOTH
- OFF (so that no need to deactivate the module and reboot)

2. On notification with calendar: option for right, left, above or under.

3. On statusbar, option to turn on/off the "statusbar" and the "expanded notification".
(I happened to use XuiMod clock show seconds option and it turned off the statusbar text, so its possible)

4. Set font sizes for both item #2 and #3. I'm not sure if this is possible anyway.

5. The icon seems inappropriate. The Hijra was not to Mecca but to Medina.
Hence the Kaaba icon is somewhat misleading (The name: Hijri). The green Medina dome should be more appropriate.
Not that its bad or anything but I think the Kaaba is more suitable for a Qibla or prayer app or something else.

I'm suggesting a new icon, since its a lunar calendar: A facing-above Green Crescent. (Hint: U not C, the one used in Mecca/Medina)
Green Crescent = Islamic & Lunar. I think. (Green as the dome, and familiar. Crescent, well you know...)
And if you do, just make a simple vector icon please. (I made a sample, 48x48 using Paint in 8 bit colour, a bit rough though)
(I'm just not into the crescent-and-star used in some places, don't want to sound like any sect member or anything here. Its not Jesuit Bloody Christ vs Orthodox Mary icon anyway)

6. Dark Holo as option and default, please? (for now using Holo Themer to do that, the irony)

7. I think supportv4.jar is not required. I stripped it, rebuilt and it runs happily on GB, ICS and JB (don't have KK).
Since its an Xposed module, I saved not just space, but also device memory. For v1.3 its 71 KB vs original 298 KB.
For practical purposes I'm using v1.1.1 anyway, for reasons same as several people cited (less buggy).

About that supportv4, some links:

Why are Android apps getting bloated? Lazy coding or feature packing? (Reddit)

Can i remove android-support-v4.jar library? (Stack Overflow)

what is android support library (Stack Overflow)

P/S: And oh, since HijriCalendar.java mentioned a validity range, it would be nice to include that info in Help or About screen.

Attachments

• crescent.png
    crescent.png
    439 bytes · Views: 1,106
Reactions: sajju73 and DHM47

ThisTechGuy

Dec 22, 2013
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Same problem, plz fix

Sent from my C6903 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Came here to report the same issue. It's really irritating having to update the system UI so please, dev, fix this bug ASAP!

Here's a screenshot of the issue, you can't see the Gregorian date with this bug!

Attachments

• Screenshot_hijri.png
    Screenshot_hijri.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

ProNewb

Sep 1, 2011
Fixed the repeating date bug
Thanks to @DHM47

Hey,

thank you for this module. it is like a gift especially during ramadan.

Anyway, I there seems to be something wrong as the first line near the clock is empty, the second line shows hijri date and third (partially hidden) shows english date.

I hope you can fix this.

regards!

Edit: I am trying different combination of options but each of them has their own problems. none truly work.

www.imgur.com/a/ctcN3

Last edited:

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
Nice module thanks so much :

I have 1 small issue if you can fix it please that would be great.

How to just have date only in status bar and not in drop down notification panel ? As on my S4 it is cutting the normal date because there is not enough place to have 2 dates. See screenshot :

I can fix it if I chose the option show before date but then my clock AM is shown at left side of clock which look odd. Anyway to fix it please ?

Thanks again for this great module :)

Last edited:

ghs14

Dec 23, 2012
Good work, Thank you & I wish happy Eid al-Fitr to all of Muslims.

Last edited:

scorpio50

May 4, 2010
Lahore
First of all great app. Atleast anyone has tried the Islamic calendar. 2nd thing settings are quite tagless. Unable to understand what to do with what.
U want to set it on my note 3 lock screen. Kindly tell me how to do it.
Regards

DHM47

Feb 10, 2012
Thanks a lot for your effort, but it's still a little problem, the two lines of date need to be adjusted

YCsRPDx.jpg

Nexus 5 - Tapatalk pro
What android version are you running ?
Hey,

thank you for this module. it is like a gift especially during ramadan.

Anyway, I there seems to be something wrong as the first line near the clock is empty, the second line shows hijri date and third (partially hidden) shows english date.

I hope you can fix this.

regards!

Edit: I am trying different combination of options but each of them has their own problems. none truly work.

www.imgur.com/a/ctcN3

in the attached image what android version are you running ?

vbdev

Apr 27, 2011
Islamic month showing 32 days in a month

Great work.. app really worth it.

I have an issue the islamic month shows 32 days in a month where it should have been moved to second day of next month. Max number of days cannit go beyond 30 days in a month. I am not sure this has been raised earlier but i would appreciate if could look into this.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-24-14-17-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-24-14-17-14.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 131

athnayyan

Mar 27, 2012
Thank you very much for this mod.. I was looking for it since long time.. I suggest to put option to display hijri date to the lock screen and to add hijri calendar to the phone calendar
Thank you again

aness zurba

Oct 21, 2013
Jerusalem
hi
i want the the to show only in notification panel where the arrow is in the screenshot
thank you

Attachments

• 1414344159857.jpg
    1414344159857.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 68

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple mod to add hijri (islamic) date next to clock, you can show on left or right of clock
    Other option include whether to show date, month, year
    You can also configure slashes between date month and year as well as month in number form

APK attached to post and also on repo

Credits to whoever made this

Enjoy!

Changelog
    Version 1.3.1 (19/7/14)

Fixed the repeating date bug
    Version 1.3 (6/7/14)
    Option to show ONLY in Notification Centre, not statusbar
    Version 1.2 (4/7/14)
    Date shows on new line in Notification Centre, thanks to @DHM47
    Version 1.1.1 (29/6/14)
    Fixed typo
    Version 1.1 (24/6/14)
    Added option for Arabic text and numbers
    Added option to have an offset
    Tidied code a bit
    Version 1.0 (21/6/14)
    Initial

Source: https://github.com/hamzahrmalik/HijriClock
    Great work buddy/we need this mod in Arabic

Very nice. Would've been nicer if they were displayed in Arabic. Can you add that option? Also I notice that they only appear next to the clock in the notification panel, not the status bar

Hi, hamzahrmalik,

I am not able to express my thanks fully for the nice application you have developed. I was eagerly waiting for it.
    I have few suggestions
    1- kindly provide for correction of hijiri date as it may vary from country to country.
    2. In portrait mode , I can only show the date, month in numbers as there is space limitation in the status bar, while in landscape mode, the date, month ain words and year can be seen. So if possible , can you make two modes, one for portrait and other for landscape-- if possible only!

Thanks for this nice and extremely useful application for me

Version 1.1 is out

You can now have an offset
    And also arabic option

Enjoy!
    Very nice. Would've been nicer if they were displayed in Arabic. Can you add that option? Also I notice that they only appear next to the clock in the notification panel, not the status bar
    Still no love for lollipop and galaxy s6 ?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Afraid not
    I'm busy but I might try in 2 weeks time

Sent from my amazingly awesome OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    Kindly update for Lollipop. Thanks

Will do ASAP