[Q] Howto gain root with Linux?

Search This thread

husky69

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
LG G6
Hi,
I'm looking forward to getting my Z1 tomorrow, and being used to having root on my device (ever since I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS) I'd like to get it here as well.

After a bit of reading I got the impression it's rather difficult compared to my previous phone - at least when I'm not having access to a windows computer.
So far I found that Flashtool will be able to unlock my bootloader - but will that be enough to flash SuperSU.zip in order to gain root?

Or is there some other way I overlooked so far? Please help an Xperia noob to make the first steps safely :D

I appreciate all advice, links, ...

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Unlocking your bootloader alone then thats a no,
next you need to flash a custom kernel that contains a recovery
(sony xperias dont have a recovery partition)

once that is done use the recovery menu to flash a superuser or superSu zip

then you are rooted,

take note that custom kernels can only be flashed with a unlocked bootloader (UBL For short)

and also note that there are tools to root but depend on exploits and firmware version

This method of rooting is garenteed because this method doesnt depend on fw version or avaliblw exploits

some misc info
Flashable zips simply execute a script when flashed (often copying files (superuser or supersu copy the app and the SU binary to your system)

yes you need flashtool (not Emma not from sony either)

if you want me to guide you through then just reply

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: husky69

husky69

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
LG G6
Hi,
great to hear, and thank you for that warm welcome to help me become familiar with the device :D
OK, so Flashtool needs to detect the device, then I can use it to unlock the device. I noticed DooMkernel to be rather extensive in its features, so I think I'll give that one a go.
Does unlocking the bootloader void guarantee? Or flashing a custom kernel or ROM?

What the heck is Emma?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Hi,
great to hear, and thank you for that warm welcome to help me become familiar with the device :D
OK, so Flashtool needs to detect the device, then I can use it to unlock the device. I noticed DooMkernel to be rather extensive in its features, so I think I'll give that one a go.
Does unlocking the bootloader void guarantee? Or flashing a custom kernel or ROM?

What the heck is Emma?

Yes any sort of modifying will void your garentee or warrenty

and yes
download flashtool (i think links can be found on Doomlords posts)
plug in your Device
click on Bootloader unlock
and folow what it tells you

(to get your iemi code you can type *#06#* in the dialer or go to settings then about then status (it may be there)

and emma is Sony's useless flashtool (to me and you)
(you want the flashtool devloped by bin4ry , doomlord and someone else (cant spell their name)

also side note

i recomend DoomKernel,
DoomLord is a master in Xperia Devices and is very good at coding, his kernels are allways the safest to run

also some other notes make sure his kernel fw version is the same as on your z1 and also make sure that the drivers are installed for your z1

googling can help you here

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Just note that doing it this way will lose your TApartition and drm keys. Have a read about these then decide if this is the route you want to take.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

thanks for posting

i knew i was forgetting something

For OP
notes:
TA partition contains DRM keys

bravia engine and x-reality depend on your (unique) drm keys

also if your not on 4.3 it will break your camera (if you unlock your bootloader)

you can relock and restore your drm keys if you back them up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking your bootloader alone then thats a no,
    next you need to flash a custom kernel that contains a recovery
    (sony xperias dont have a recovery partition)

once that is done use the recovery menu to flash a superuser or superSu zip

then you are rooted,

take note that custom kernels can only be flashed with a unlocked bootloader (UBL For short)

and also note that there are tools to root but depend on exploits and firmware version

This method of rooting is garenteed because this method doesnt depend on fw version or avaliblw exploits

some misc info
    Flashable zips simply execute a script when flashed (often copying files (superuser or supersu copy the app and the SU binary to your system)

yes you need flashtool (not Emma not from sony either)

if you want me to guide you through then just reply

Just note that doing it this way will lose your TApartition and drm keys. Have a read about these then decide if this is the route you want to take.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk