any drawbacks to using Art?

Search This thread

Lorimere

Jul 18, 2010
North Carolina
Ok. So phone will be here shortly and plan on doing a factory reset then switching to ART first thing.

Has anyone came across any drawbacks? Any apps not working correctly?

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Ok. So phone will be here shortly and plan on doing a factory reset then switching to ART first thing.

Has anyone came across any drawbacks? Any apps not working correctly?

Some apps do not work with ART, its not a fault with ART itself, its a problem with the apps that only the app devs can correct.

Boot time will be longer with ART, but its hardly noticeable, and hopefully you don't reboot a lot anyway.

Benchmarks results will be lower on ART but it is because benchmark tests are not optimised to work with ART.

Protagoras

Feb 26, 2014
London
I run ART since day 1, only thing that doesn't work as far as I know is Xposed (But I'm not even rooted yet, so no issue)
Also, I haven't found any real differences on that phone between Dalvik and ART, but as I said, I didn't use it much on Dalvik.

I'm planning to root it after the first OTA (10b?) and I'll probably want to use the G3 TweakBox, so I'll be back to Dalvik until it's compatible with ART.

dimkit

Sep 25, 2010
any differences to battery life ? I have heard that with art is worst , Is this true?

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
any differences to battery life ? I have heard that with art is worst , Is this true?

ART should theoretically give you better battery life. In practice though, I see the same battery life on Dalvik as I do with ART from Android 4.4.x KitKat

Battery life is 100% reliant on your personal usage patterns. Someone else with a totally different usage pattern could get more or even less battery life with ART. There's way way way too many variables