How to fix the SD card permissions for real?

Search This thread

AndroidGreg

Mar 18, 2012
Ive used the app before : https://play.google.com/store/apps/...utm_source=42matters.com&utm_medium=WidgetWeb

It says I already have access, im rooted, safe strap, on the NC2 leak, cant even get the file manager to transfer my files from the internal storage to the external SD, I think it has to do with the problems that the internal storage has a "emulated" internal sd card so the app thinks the phone already has sd card access If someone can help that wold be greatly appreciated as I have a decent amount of media I want off my internal, god HD video takes up to much space, not to mention music and a thousand or so photos

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
You're on the nc2 odex, not the deodex?

<Note3>

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

If you just said yes, go to post #164 in the nc2 rom thread. There's a link for the fix.

<Note3>

matthelm

Jan 29, 2012
The patch you listed makes a second path that is fully writable. Use:
"/mnt/media_rw/extSdCard"

instead of:
"/mnt/extSdCard"

Hope this helps. My Tab is working perfect with 4.4.2. Still need to get my Note updated!

AndroidGreg

Mar 18, 2012
I'm pretty sure I flashed the deodexed one but can't be sure as I downloaded both.

I'm not sure what you mean with your mount command can you explain please

kermanp

Jan 18, 2012
Oulu
I'd like to know this too, as I am using nc2 firmware (stock, just root).
My device is n9005...

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
What he means is when copying files, use the first path he listed instead of the second path.