[Q] Custom ROM for Dell Streak 5

Search This thread

ManthanRB

Mar 23, 2012
London
Recently i got dell streak and now i'm very disappointed hearing that dell has no plan for android 4.0 update for dell streak 5

Any custom Rom available running on android 4.0 for dell streak 5

I'm new and using dell for 1st time so please give a detailed guide on how to install custom Rom in it

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks!

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
No ROM for ICS, nor is there likely to be one unless the drivers are reverse engineered.

For a detailed how-to on the Streak, search for the thread titled "Everything you always wanted to know about the Streak but were too busy bricking it", click on it, then click on the links within it.

grave85

Sep 16, 2011
Take a look at streak android development section and you will see your heaven...some recommendation from me,try power rom evergreen,dsc,cm7 and miui 2.4.20..the later two is not that stable though compared to power rom and dsc rom.

Sent from my Dell Streak running MIUI 2.4.20 (sluggish)

mbali1

Apr 16, 2011
cairo
Xiaomi Poco F3
problem druing applying cm7

i had updated my dell 5" to gingerbread using the guide its great , so i wanted to get the CM7 , so i went thru the steps , suddnly it gave me instlalltion faild , and the dell rebooted
now it does not give me any thing , just the dell logo and thats it
help pls :confused:

cdzo72

Recently i got dell streak and now i'm very disappointed hearing that dell has no plan for android 4.0 update for dell streak 5

Any custom Rom available running on android 4.0 for dell streak 5

I'm new and using dell for 1st time so please give a detailed guide on how to install custom Rom in it

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks!

The fact you are new does not excuse you from following forum rules. PLEASE use the search engine
All your questions have been asked and answerded numerous times.

i had updated my dell 5" to gingerbread using the guide its great , so i wanted to get the CM7 , so i went thru the steps , suddnly it gave me instlalltion faild , and the dell rebooted
now it does not give me any thing , just the dell logo and thats it
help pls :confused:

Its been made.very clear you have to do an extensive wipe to flash either the CM7 or MIUI ROMs on the Streak. The fact you are bootlooping or stuck at Dell logo proves you probably didn't do that OR worst case scenario you may have to reformat your entire inner SD as we have no idea what you did before going to Gingerbread.

So factory reset from BOTH recoveries (Dell recovery and Streakmod) and flash again.

I can't believe I just wrote that when its in countless posts... I must be in a good mood today

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

mbali1

Apr 16, 2011
cairo
Xiaomi Poco F3
thanks

The fact you are new does not excuse you from following forum rules. PLEASE use the search engine
All your questions have been asked and answerded numerous times.

Its been made.very clear you have to do an extensive wipe to flash either the CM7 or MIUI ROMs on the Streak. The fact you are bootlooping or stuck at Dell logo proves you probably didn't do that OR worst case scenario you may have to reformat your entire inner SD as we have no idea what you did before going to Gingerbread.

So factory reset from BOTH recoveries (Dell recovery and Streakmod) and flash again.

I can't believe I just wrote that when its in countless posts... I must be in a good mood today

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

thanks a million , and thanks for your good mode too ;) i have tired it , and it worked , and by mistake i have installed the gingerbread 2.4.4 instead of cm7 , and it is great :D

Bali

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
If you believe GingerStreak is good, then you want to try DSC or CM7. GingerStreak hasn't been updated in over a year now and was based on beta code for Gingerbread. DSC and CM7 are far more current, far more stable, and have few (if any) showstopper bugs.

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
honestly, i would recommend to try dsc 1.0 first and when you have familiarized yourself with it, goes for dsc 1.1

;)

jayjayn1137

Oct 17, 2010
ICS is now being developed for the streak. I have been using the pre-alpha build and for me it is now good for use as an everyday rom.
Im not saying its 100% bug free yet but ive been using it for 3 days now and i can live with the issues it currently has now.
After todays update flash is now working and for me that was the only undesirable, with it now fixed I wont be turning back.
The rom is being updated at a good pace and I dont think the beta is too far away.