Actual capacity of your battery

Search This thread

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Hello people

I had the feeling that my Note's battery is not as strong as it should / used to be... so I started investigating how could I possibly test this.

Back in the day when I had the HTC Desire, there was an app that was specifically tailored for the Nexus One, that also worked on the Desire, which showed the actual mAh capacity left in your battery. So, you simply charged your battery to 100%, then fired up the app. It did work!

That apps is no longer available. Or any other app like it. What I did find, instead, was Nova Battery Tester.

So, I charged up my phone until it showed 100%. Then, I fired up Nova Battery Tester and waited for it to do its job. 50 minutes and some -45% less battery later, the results showed that my battery holds only ~1800 mAh of its claimed capacity.

Now... I would like to ask you, the community here, to do the test. Charge your phone fully, then fire up the app. The app requires that all networks are disabled, but you can just enable airplane mode, start test, then disable airplane mode and let the test finish.

So... if there's anyone willing to do this test, please share your results. Reason why I'm asking this : I want to see whether the app actually shows accurate results or not. I am sure my battery is a bit off, but still... :)

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Sure ill try it, I feel my battery's almost dead, I rarely get a day anymore and I have no drain issues.

I'll report the results later once I've done a full charge, good thread too, should be some interesting results to follow

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
Hmm interesting, It's a pity that I don't have the time atm. I will share my results tomorrow.

cout7

Oct 5, 2009
I guess the phone should be left alone for this test. I will do this test for my three batteries. One battery is never enough for me for one day's use.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

gnikolakis

Dec 8, 2011
Kalymnos, Dodecanisos
downloading and posting my results tommorow. my battery gets hardly a day with medium usage. Down at least 30 percen tfrom the day i bought it... we shall then!!

Last edited:
B

baz77

its not accurate this app at all, we tested it with other batteries in the accessory section. A search should point you there m8.

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
its not accurate this app at all, we tested it with other batteries in the accessory section. A search should point you there m8.

I did search... nothing conclusive returned :/

You tested it? And what capacity did it show? And what capacity should it had shown...?

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Last edited:

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Sure ill try it, I feel my battery's almost dead, I rarely get a day anymore and I have no drain issues.

I'll report the results later once I've done a full charge, good thread too, should be some interesting results to follow

All I'm after is results, so I can see whether the app shows accurate values or not. If everyone's getting a result from 1700 to 1900, for example, the app can't possibly be accurate... since not everyone's batteries can be as dead or as good as mine.

downloading and posting my results tommorow. my battery gets hardly a day with medium usage. Down at least 30 percen tfrom the day i bought it... we shall then!!

I also have the feeling that the phone does not last as long as it used to. Besides, when I see reviewers and other people say that this phone lasts for so long... I feel bad, lol.

I guess the phone should be left alone for this test. I will do this test for my three batteries. One battery is never enough for me for one day's use.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

Okay. Looking forward to your results :)

I know the phone should be left alone (hence the requirement of networks off), but I was expecting a call and I was okay with stopping the test to answer it.

Will do a test with all networks off, some time later. Perhaps after today's exam.

I charged my battery to 100%, ran the application and after ~1 hour and 65% battery left, it does capacity of 1750.

How old is your battery?

What's your opinion? Does your battery hold ~1800 mAh out of a total of ~2500? Does it feel like the battery drains out too fast...?

Last edited:

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Mhm... XDA has failed to combine these posts together. Nevermind this post and the next one :) .

Last edited:

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Here we go week old anker 2700 battery

uploadfromtaptalk1358678084298.jpg

Reactions: streetcrazy

gnikolakis

Dec 8, 2011
Kalymnos, Dodecanisos
I get a 1875 maA reading using the app thats an almost 25% drainage.. seems like that actually! Accurate or not i do need a new battery after 9 months.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

8 month old note
Battery 2708
Rating 4290
Cpu 8689

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

Battery 2708 mA? Seems a bit too much if its normal capacity is 2500

Last edited:

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
OK, So im doing the test now, I chose the standard benchmark, Its been running for 35mins and has 30mins left.

Battery capacity is showing 2810mAh and its increasing, Not sure how this is possible if the battery is only 2500mAh when new, however, my battery has drained 30% in 30mins in airplane mode, with screen on max brightness.

Ill update the figures when the test in complete, but i highly doubt its accuracy.

Had my Note around 8 months now.

jaskiratsingh

How old is your battery?
What's your opinion? Does your battery hold ~1800 mAh out of a total of ~2500? Does it feel like the battery drains out too fast...?

Mine is 11 months old. The on screen does drain the battery but since i am a moderate user, mine get across the day easily.
As of now, i would say, Note's battery backup is same as my Galaxy S (which i had earlier)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello people

I had the feeling that my Note's battery is not as strong as it should / used to be... so I started investigating how could I possibly test this.

Back in the day when I had the HTC Desire, there was an app that was specifically tailored for the Nexus One, that also worked on the Desire, which showed the actual mAh capacity left in your battery. So, you simply charged your battery to 100%, then fired up the app. It did work!

That apps is no longer available. Or any other app like it. What I did find, instead, was Nova Battery Tester.

So, I charged up my phone until it showed 100%. Then, I fired up Nova Battery Tester and waited for it to do its job. 50 minutes and some -45% less battery later, the results showed that my battery holds only ~1800 mAh of its claimed capacity.

Now... I would like to ask you, the community here, to do the test. Charge your phone fully, then fire up the app. The app requires that all networks are disabled, but you can just enable airplane mode, start test, then disable airplane mode and let the test finish.

So... if there's anyone willing to do this test, please share your results. Reason why I'm asking this : I want to see whether the app actually shows accurate results or not. I am sure my battery is a bit off, but still... :)
    Mhm... XDA has failed to combine these posts together. Nevermind this post and the next one :) .

XDA never pastes posts when you are the OP.
    ive got a new battery in mine and running test now
    Here we go week old anker 2700 battery

uploadfromtaptalk1358678084298.jpg

Guys, I have ordered a extended battery for my note N7000 (5200Mah) from eBay.. Will check and update you guys with the reviews.