Interesting reply from Asus

Search This thread

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
OMG... this tablet is getting worse and worse. It soooooo slow and lags BAD. Thing is a little over a month old! I'm baffled they could even release this thing with this many issues.

As soon as I have access to a computer (not for another month or so) I'm definitely going to root this thing. It's ridiculous... :mad:

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
OMG... this tablet is getting worse and worse. It soooooo slow and lags BAD. Thing is a little over a month old! I'm baffled they could even release this thing with this many issues.

As soon as I have access to a computer (not for another month or so) I'm definitely going to root this thing. It's ridiculous... :mad:

Well what's installed on it?
Try the stock Asus task killer.

Is Force GPU rendering turned on in tablet settings?
Has Adobe flash been sideloaded if your on JB?
Can you see a difference if performance mode is enabled?
Open the stock browser type "about:debug" into the URL address space/go to settings for the browser (3 dots upper right) scroll down to settings and open.
Tick /Light touch and Enable cpu upload path

Just a few tips in case you haven't tried them yet.
Rooting of course will provide many more tweaks.

Hope the tablet starts running better for you.

Reactions: Soul TKR

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com

Open the stock browser type "about:debug" into the URL address space/go to settings for the browser (3 dots upper right) scroll down to settings and open.

I've tried the task killer... doesn't seem to do much. I will definately try your other recommendations when I get home. Thanks very much! :)

Side note: If I'm on my desktop and I turn my tablet into portrait, then back to landscape, it literally takes like 40 seconds for the desktop icons and everything to load back up. Anybody else hear of this happening? It's ridiculous... :(

Soul, have you removed all your bloatware?
I had the same problem until I did this.

No, I'm not rooted or unlocked yet. I'm sure that will make a difference... Unfortunately the wife has our laptop (only one) and is out of town for a month or two. So I currently have no way to root it till then. :mad:

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Dee Envy's tip about disabling items not used is also very good advice for the stock user.

Side note: If I'm on my desktop and I turn my tablet into portrait, then back to landscape, it literally takes like 40 seconds for the desktop icons and everything to load back up. Anybody else hear of this happening? It's ridiculous... :(

This can happen if you have a lot of icons and widgets loaded on a single page of the launcher.
Try organizing the icons on your launcher by dragging them together to make folders.
For example all web apps together, all office utilities, games...etc.
Also if you have widgets that have a lot of text updating thru wifi they will take some time.

Another slowdown for an under-performing tablet are live wallpapers.
If you can live without the moving eye candy that will also speed things up.

If your portrait to landscape swap works quickly on a screen with few or no apps then it may be best to stay lean.
Tweaks previously mentioned might help this also.

Read thru here >>> Battery saving tips <<< if you haven't already done so.

Good luck there.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've tried the task killer... doesn't seem to do much. I will definately try your other recommendations when I get home. Thanks very much! :)

No, I'm not rooted or unlocked yet. I'm sure that will make a difference... Unfortunately the wife has our laptop (only one) and is out of town for a month or two. So I currently have no way to root it till then. :mad:

You are not going to solve some of these issues without rooting. Borrow a pc and unlock and flash a custom rom. It will ease 99% of your pain. Or send it back and get a refund if you are not happy with the stock product.

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
Dee Envy's tip about disabling items not used is also very good advice for the stock user.

This can happen if you have a lot of icons and widgets loaded on a single page of the launcher.
Try organizing the icons on your launcher by dragging them together to make folders.
For example all web apps together, all office utilities, games...etc.
Also if you have widgets that have a lot of text updating thru wifi they will take some time.

Another slowdown for an under-performing tablet are live wallpapers.
If you can live without the moving eye candy that will also speed things up.

If your portrait to landscape swap works quickly on a screen with few or no apps then it may be best to stay lean.
Tweaks previously mentioned might help this also.

Read thru here >>> Battery saving tips <<< if you haven't already done so.

Good luck there.

This is my desktop... I don't feel like it's too busy...

nequnu5e.jpg

xRevilatioNx

Jul 15, 2012

What does this particular tweak do for the browser?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's the "bricked my Infinity" threads that have me nervous
    LOL

I think all of them made the mistake of choosing "wipe data" while having an old recovery installed that was not compatible with their (JB) bootloader.

If you don't do that, and you always boot manually into the recovery using the bootloader menu after first installing a new recovery, you should be safe.

I thought an asus cold boot was the same as wiping the cache partition. Where as a normal off and on power boot does not achieve this?

Code:
    that@ws ~ $ adb shell
    root@android:/ # echo 'sbdags is wrong' > /cache/test

reboot... using the bootloader menu and doing nothing... "cold booting in 10 seconds"

Code:
    that@ws ~ $ adb shell
    root@android:/ # cat /cache/test
    sbdags is wrong

No, it doesn't wipe the cache partition. :D
    Well I'll give them/him credit for the personal touch. Any truth to the factory reset/cold boot suggestions? I don't even know how to do either of those lol.

<------giant NEWB

LOL hang in there!
    They say the cold boot accomplishes nothing.
    All I know is it has fixed my app bugs more often than not.

To do the boot:
    Press the power button to shut off the tab\select turn off tablet.
    After completely off:
    Press and hold volume + rocker (side toward power button)
    While holding volume + press and hold power button till tab vibrates look for small white letters in upper right corner.
    Release power button...you will see RCK Android and USB.
    If you do nothing the tab will boot back to Android in 5 seconds or so.

Then you will have cold booted.

The below is copied from the all in one guide here in the general section...
    ** Cold Boot - FastBoot - Wipe Data Menu **
    Press Volume Down + Power untill you see a white text on the screen then release the buttons.Use Volume Down to navigate and Volume Up to confirm your selection.
    You have 10 seconds to make your choice,or else the system will do a Cold Boot by default.
    Looks like you need Root access...

sorry Soul , I did not realise you were on stock . Rooting is awsum!

no seriously, it is the same as having admin on windows, which everyone knows you shouldn't but you do anyway because without it you are screwed!

+1 CROMI and it is already rooted and lightyears away from anything ASUS is seemingly capable of , actual user experience is off the chart and you will actually enjoy using your paperweight!
    I think all of them made the mistake of choosing "wipe data" while having an old recovery installed that was not compatible with their (JB) bootloader.

If you don't do that, and you always boot manually into the recovery using the bootloader menu after first installing a new recovery, you should be safe.

Code:
    that@ws ~ $ adb shell
    root@android:/ # echo 'sbdags is wrong' > /cache/test

reboot... using the bootloader menu and doing nothing... "cold booting in 10 seconds"

Code:
    that@ws ~ $ adb shell
    root@android:/ # cat /cache/test
    sbdags is wrong

No, it doesn't wipe the cache partition. :D

Lol! Thanks for that! There is no emoticon for giving the bird. :victory:

So what does a cold boot actually do then?