[Q] Feedback on negative reviews?

Search This thread

Admira75

Jan 12, 2010
Hi All,

Been reading this forum for days, and am really keen on a LG G2. I find that just trying them out in the store doesn't really give me a good idea if I'll like it (can't install apps, tweak it too much). I am still concerned about some of the reviews that have come out, what do people who already have the LG G2 think of them?

Examples - I can't post outside links yet but heres my attempt to obfuscate them: arstechnica-lgs-g2-smartphone-gets-caught-living-in-the-shadows-of-giants androidpolice-lg-g2-review-a-pretty-good-phone-held-back-by-some-pretty-not-good-software

The primary concerns from the reviews seem to be the UI, but I'm guessing I can change most of that to my liking? From what I've read here people seem to love the UI and the features, and the more I read the more I think I might too! The font change is probably the thing I'm most concerned about, even the Roboto option isn't like the default Android font option.

The other concern I have is I like to theme and change the icons, but I've heard that the only way to do that with the LG UI is to change them one by one?

Also I can't root due to some applications I need to run for my job (and RootCloak doesn't allow them to run sadly), so I'd love to know what are the first things to do for a non rooted user?

Thanks all, appreciate the advice.

Last edited:

BOY_

Aug 21, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a recovering crack-flasher and absolutely love this phone as is. My only gripe with the ui is the folder design, that's it. The performance is incredible, the battery goes on forever, and custom roms can't match the feature content of the stock rom.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

mannequin

Feb 7, 2011
New York
forget the reviews, most of them are paid to write good things about one brand and bash the other. it's an amazing phone and you'll love it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Admira75

Jan 12, 2010
Cool, so any suggestions on things to do with the phone when I first get it to remove as much of the UI bloat as possible? I'll probably be picking it up next week. Excited, as my last android was a HTC Legend (I do also have a Acer A500 tablet).

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
Stock LG ui font is Smart Gothic but it gives you the option to change to roboto.

The icons has to be changed one by one Unless you use a different launcher like Nova or Apex.

I agree that the folder on the home screen is ugly. (I prefer Nova)

Sent from my JEE TWO

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389857615267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389857615267.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Admira75

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock LG ui font is Smart Gothic but it gives you the option to change to roboto.

The icons has to be changed one by one Unless you use a different launcher like Nova or Apex.

I agree that the folder on the home screen is ugly. (I prefer Nova)

Sent from my JEE TWO