MDK but won't boot aosp

Search This thread

moparfreak426

R.I.P.
Mar 22, 2012
East/Middle TN
Ok, I got this phone with MDK bootloader, CWM, and cm10.2 on it. Had to go to TW and flashed hyper drive with kt kernel to enable diag mode to flash to page plus, and then I attempted to flash a handful of aosp roms and all of them wouldn't boot, said non factory samsung firmware, so..... Rebooted recovery and restored tw, will I not be able to enjoy aosp ever again now? :'(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Ok, I got this phone with MDK bootloader, CWM, and cm10.2 on it. Had to go to TW and flashed hyper drive with kt kernel to enable diag mode to flash to page plus, and then I attempted to flash a handful of aosp roms and all of them wouldn't boot, said non factory samsung firmware, so..... Rebooted recovery and restored tw, will I not be able to enjoy aosp ever again now? :'(

I'd try downloading an updated Philz Recovery. You probably just need an updated recovery of some sort.

If that doesn't fix this then Odin stock MDK root it, then install an updated recovery. You'll be able to flash whatever you like.

Also look into using Flashify from the play store to install an updated recovery, lot of people are having issues with Goo/ROM Manager for whatever reason.

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Flashify
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify