[Camera-Mod] hardwarebutton

Search This thread

DresDE

Aug 2, 2010
Thanks for both replies.

I still have the old .odex file. But the problem seems to be the installation itself.

While hitting the .apk a installation dialouge appears. I confirm with OK - read something about "this is a system app". Then a new dialouge tells me that the installation was unsuccessful!

I have XXKI4. Does someone still have the stock camera.apk and camera.odex?

Thanks

Dres

soyef

Feb 26, 2010
London
Thanks for both replies.

I still have the old .odex file. But the problem seems to be the installation itself.

While hitting the .apk a installation dialouge appears. I confirm with OK - read something about "this is a system app". Then a new dialouge tells me that the installation was unsuccessful!

I have XXKI4. Does someone still have the stock camera.apk and camera.odex?

Thanks

Dres

You have to copy the apk into /system/app/ with root explorer or a similar file manager

Sent from my GT-I9100

DresDE

Aug 2, 2010
Of course I copied the .apk to system/app with a root explorer. It's not the first time I "changed" somethings.

It's just the first time that I cannot undo the original version :/

BR,

Dres

NoOneCanHelpMe

Jun 12, 2010
UK
The new ICS leak (XXLPQ) does true stereo recording, can anyone port camera.apk to GB and make volume buttons to shoot pics? :)

jiannist

Mar 28, 2009
Does anyone know what values must be changed so we can mod the newer ICS camera.apk? I have XWLP7.

soyef

Feb 26, 2010
London
Similar values under sswitch something, I've got a modded xwlp7 apk if you want it?

Sent from my GT-I9100

soyef

Feb 26, 2010
London
What about cm9 camera?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Sorry, can't do anything about that, I just done what OP done with GB camera just to allow capturing pictures with volume button on touchwiz camera

Thanks, I installed it. It works but i can't focus by holding the volume buttons, it instantly takes the photo.

Hmm, sorry but I can't do much about that, I'll look into it and add if there's a way around but until then it'll be best to focus by touching the screen first

Sent from my GT-I9100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I was searching for an SGS2 Camera mod, to use the powerbutton as the cameratrigger.

Because I did not find one, I tried it on my own.

But as my javaknowledge is poor, I am not able to temporarily disable the powermenu popup.

So I remapped the volumkeys, to work as the trigger in cameramodus.
    I did not apply this to the camecorder, because it is not working right now.

In Post 7 you can find a 1080p @ 30 Mbit and 48000 khz/192 kbit Audio Recording camera.apk with the same mod

Functions:

Hold Volumekey to focus and release to shoot.
    Tap Volumekey will take a direct snapshot

Installation (root acces requiered)

Extract the camera.apk from the rar archive and copy it to your SGS2
    Now we have to replace the original camera.apk
    You can take Yaffs Explorere to do this (free available in the market)
    First execute "busybox mount -o rw,remount /system" to mount
    Then copy and paste the new file into /system/app/

IMPORTANT!

If your volumekeys are still mapped to the zoom funktion, you did not correctly replace the old apk.
    Try to delete your old camera.apk. If it is still there, you did not mount your file system correctly

done.
    Done.

But as I said before, Camecordermodus ist not working right now.
    What rom r u using?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

WanamLite ICS ROM 11.3.1 (XWLP9).
    Can't find your app in the Google Play on my phone and on the net it is not compatible with I9100 devices.
    Strange :(
    Take a look at "Camera ICS" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moblynx.cameraics

There u go :) no need for hacks :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    Seems not compatible with SGSII :(
    a6f9c779-800b-5a83.jpg
    some one plz. hack camera AOKP B39

chang button power to camera take photo

thank you

Open camera settings , turn on power button shutter... its been in aokp sinse built 17(ish)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2