Anybody succesfully used the Simore dual Sim adapter with the S2?

Search This thread

mb

Jan 10, 2005
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
I switched to the 'Simple & Clean' ROM...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1320328

...and the SIM Toolkit icon for the MagicSIM has disappeared, so I can't switch SIMs.

What is it that is missing or causing this to happen? It's a missing APK. So use Root Explorer to copy the file to /system/app and then all should be well - you don't even need to reboot.

XDA user 'ragab mahmoud' gave me the file on another forum thread, which you can get from this post or here:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=782850&d=1321315423

PS - By the way, I was getting near instant helpful advice tonight up until a fairly late hour from Direct Devices / www.magic-sim.com. Can't recommend them enough for customer service.

Attachments

• Stk.apk
    69.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

martincolclough

Nov 4, 2011
For anyone on the fence about weather to get a dual sim adapter for their galaxy S2 (I know I was) here's a video I found on another post which shows how it works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJ5H1RjZIc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It's for the no-cut one from www.magic-sim.com

It's one of the best gadgets I've used and if you're sick of physically swapping your sim cards over every 5 minutes you'll appreciate it!

Anyway, that's my $0.02

Tomdillon

Feb 9, 2012
Thanks @martincolclough!

Following your advice I ordered one myself and I agree, it's great!

Thanks again

Tom

redzion

Jan 12, 2009
Godic
www.simple-shop.si
Question: can you receive calls on both SIM cards no matter which is active or you can receive calls only on currently active SIM?

tnx..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

sammyx

Feb 17, 2012
No only 1 sim is active at a time, although you can set it up to switch automatically at a timed interval

can 1 sim be active for calls all the time and without internet access, and 2 sim for the mobile internet only (else calls not possible on that sim card)?

if i`m surfing on internet with second sim can i receive call on first sim at the same time?

Last edited:

ddddmitry

Mar 7, 2012
Magic dualsim+3G

Hi Guys, I understand going between two sims, but i have a question about 3G, can you hardcode to use the 3G only from one Sim?
I want to get a plan and use 1 Sim only for 3G, another only for Calls, is this possible?

virus786

Feb 23, 2012
Cape Town
So I just ordered a non-cut dual sim adapter from http://www.magic-sim.com/ ...

Hopefully this will work in South Africa ( i live here :) ), also I wonder how long it will take to get to me. Oh well lets wait and see, I'm taking a risk here but lets hope for the best.

Will report back when I receive the package and whether it works or not.

samaliset

Jun 29, 2007
Paris
Auto-switch issue, any solution?

Hi all,
Every thing appears to work fine except the auto-switch function. Regardless of the interval time but I could make it working.
I left several messages here and there and no answer I get.
So please if you ahve any idea I do appreciate to kow how to do.

Many thanks

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Hi all,
Every thing appears to work fine except the auto-switch function. Regardless of the interval time but I could make it working.
I left several messages here and there and no answer I get.
So please if you ahve any idea I do appreciate to kow how to do.

Many thanks

please disreagrd

jscsltd

Aug 1, 2005
melton mowbray
Hi,
What version of android are you on?
I'm still on GB as I'm not sure ICS will work with magicsim.
Can you help on this?

Thanks,
John

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Gibgo

Nov 7, 2012
magic sim note 2 vodacom

good day
ive read that some people have used the magic sim in south africa on galaxy models locally like virus786.
if you can provide me more feedback on it, also would like to get one.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got it from a UK ebay seller called "directdevices" on ebay. Yep it's the no-cut version.

Drop them a line...they were very helpful.

Hope this helps!

R
    The Magicsim switching works through the standard Sim Tool Kit menu. You can switch from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 1.

Adapter works great, only "problem" is with the auto APN settings (for 3G/HSDPA connection). Android doesn't auto-config the APN settings (or at least it takes a looooong time).

What I do:
    1. Turn off mobile data
    2. Switch sims through STK menu
    3. Turn on airplane mode
    4. Turn on mobile data
    5. Turn off airplane mode

When I do this, the phone automatically configures the APN settings and the mobile data connection works like a charm!
    MagicSIM 28th has built i menue,and allows switching ot sim 1 to 2, 2 to 1 etc ;)

any link with a shop where we can order it?
    any link with a shop where we can order it?
    http://www.eurodualsim.com/site/
    You may want to try ebay also worth a shot.
    Not with the Dualsim app. But I'm sure you could use an APN-manager and "lock" the APN settings, so only the one with a data plan can connect to mobile internet.