Phone call recording software for Touch HD

Search This thread

amitbsh

Apr 22, 2008
I know that there are some ROMs that this software is included.
In my ROM this software is not included.
Where can I find this software?

sammis

Mar 24, 2006
The only way you can record a call on the HD is if you use the speaker and some third party software such as Isecretary or Resco Audio Recorder.

amitbsh

Apr 22, 2008
I don't have the software, but I have read in one of the forums that this software exists in some of the HD ROMs.
i think that this forum is exactly the one for this purpose.
There are a lot of members form a lot of places, and we will find the member that has this software.

ArkaneX

Oct 10, 2008
From what I've heard, ICR (In Call Recording) was included in preproduction ROMs only. It would be good to know that somebody got it, at least to check if it's worth anything. Anyway, I wonder why HTC decided to exclude this soft from production ROM...

tkalli

Oct 27, 2007
Are you saying that you can record the income voice as well as your out going voice on a call and then play it back.

From Resco Website:

"Record and organize every incoming or outgoing call."

Program startup and recording of whole phone call. Store to a special subfolder and name the recorded file with caller/callee's name.

(Both sides recording is hardware dependent. If your recording contains voice of one side only, it is not due to the program's failure.)

amitbsh

Apr 22, 2008
If someone has the non official ROM that includes this software we can extract it form there.

MHoefler

Jan 6, 2006
Yes, please! If somebody would be able to get the original ICR software from HTC, this would be really great! The hardware obviously supports recording both parties (or HTC wouldn't have included the SW in the first ROMs) and with the currently available 3rd party apps, you either have to turn the speakerphone on to hear the other person, or he's way to slient to understand properly. With HTC's software, both callers should be audible perfectly.

Regards!

HDuser

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2005
Zürich, Switzerland
I would have thought that if the HTC software was "market ready" they would have put it in the 1.14 rom. As they have not I can only think that it will generate more support calls than anything else.

My thoughts anyway nothing confirmed

surur

Nov 29, 2003
I would have thought that if the HTC software was "market ready" they would have put it in the 1.14 rom. As they have not I can only think that it will generate more support calls than anything else.

My thoughts anyway nothing confirmed

It may be more to do with the law than technology.

Surur

Koppány

Aug 22, 2005
Budapest
From Resco Website:

"Record and organize every incoming or outgoing call."

Program startup and recording of whole phone call. Store to a special subfolder and name the recorded file with caller/callee's name.

(Both sides recording is hardware dependent. If your recording contains voice of one side only, it is not due to the program's failure.)

If I understand correct, it is a cooced ROM, wich is able to record both party by a phone calling - with 3rd party program: resco audio recorder.

I used the original 1.14.401 ROM with this program, and i could hear only my voice. With an other PDA - Samsung Omnia - i recorded both party with succes.
The program Audio Notes Touch is able to record both party, but the voice of caller is very quiet.

atomikpt

Oct 20, 2007
Porto
Well I think by the law, its not legal to record any phone conversation without the permission of the persons involved.

However the development of such a program may be easy, releasing it to public has to asure legal purposes.

So therefore, I don't think any of that HTC releasing or some ROM having it is true.

Koppány

Aug 22, 2005
Budapest
Well I think by the law, its not legal to record any phone conversation without the permission of the persons involved.

However the development of such a program may be easy, releasing it to public has to asure legal purposes.

So therefore, I don't think any of that HTC releasing or some ROM having it is true.
I don't think it is so. By other producers - like f.e. Samsung - it makes no problem. So I think the reason should be something else.