Dev/Port Sony Ericsson Jolie

Search This thread

larsstolwijk

Mar 15, 2010
Bodegraven
Dear everyone,

Since a couple of months I got a Sony Ericsson Jolie, it's a prototype WP7 device from Sony Ericsson.
It has a beta version of WP7, and is a bit buggy.
I can enter some menu's though, Factory Test Mode from Foxconn, a BLDR boot mode from USB (pc recognizes it as a Qualcomm CDMA Tegnologies MSM, and the WP7 recovery mode (black and white phone and pc connection image) and when I connect to my pc it recognizes it as a QSD8x50, there's an ADIAG mode UART, FTM Mode, USB KITL and SLDR mode.

Now I'm curious what can I do to work on this?
I've got programming skills in C/C++ and more languages, but I would like to know if there's someone who got some best practices and where to start from here?
I would love to make it work with a newer version of WP7 :)

Anyone with some more information?

Regards,

Lars Stolwijk

Last edited:

larsstolwijk

Mar 15, 2010
Bodegraven
when you can get in nand from pc side (same as on early nokia lumias ) you could dump the rom , then post it here so that the devs can look at it , maybe you could copy a new rom on phone then.

Been trying to do so, with the lumia's they had an unlocked bootloader which enabled them to see the nand as usb storage device. I assume I have a unlocked bootloader too, but in every mode connected to the pc, it asks for drivers that I don't know where to find.
But the search goes on :) It's such an awesome device

indianl

Oct 8, 2009
Hey, did you get any further on this? Have 2 Jolies here as well, which show exactly the same symptoms - they hang at the boot logo...

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
not that it is really interesting but it looks like this is a first gen phone (QSD8x50)
second gens are 8x30 , so it has the same hardware as all htc first gens and omnia first gens

pinares43

Jan 13, 2021
hola me gustaria saber como avanzan en la pantalla que dice "beta", debido a q
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-13 at 10.05.23 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-13 at 10.05.23.jpeg
ue tengo un sony ericsson "jolie" . Les adjunto una imagen de como se ve

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when you can get in nand from pc side (same as on early nokia lumias ) you could dump the rom , then post it here so that the devs can look at it , maybe you could copy a new rom on phone then.