Froyo Boot Animation

Search This thread

tdink

Jun 11, 2010
Figured that this is pretty simple, and that the majority of you guys can do this, but I pulled the bootanimation.zip out of the 2.2 rom that's floating around, and put it here by itself.

Place it in /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

Haven't found a prettier boot screen yet.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 3,405

ScientificOne

Jul 15, 2008
Bay Area
Figured that this is pretty simple, and that the majority of you guys can do this, but I pulled the bootanimation.zip out of the 2.2 rom that's floating around, and put it here by itself.

Gonna try this out, sprint boot screen sucks...thanks!

colorado_al

Aug 4, 2008

I need to do that via adb push correct? Can you give me the code so I don't screw it up? I'm fresh into Android from WinMo.
Thanks!

PS- That's the same directory where the crappy boot music is too right? Can I just erase or rename the music file to have it be silent at boot?

Kykiskly

Jan 7, 2009
New York City
This is just the N1 boot animation. I thought it would be something different. But it worked, I tried it and I like better the Droid one :D. Good job either way

Last edited:

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
why didn't this just get posted in one of the several boot animation threads there already is?

if you had read those, you'd see that not only is the original nexus bootanimation IN that thread already, but there's also a modified version that looks a little better on this screen, despite the fact that they're the same resolution.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
why didn't this just get posted in one of the several boot animation threads there already is?

if you had read those, you'd see that not only is the original nexus bootanimation IN that thread already, but there's also a modified version that looks a little better on this screen, despite the fact that they're the same resolution.

Can you link me to the modified version thats suppose to look better?

MikeBrWade

Jun 6, 2010
Houston, TX
Tried this in recovery (guessing since you don't have system rw access in nominal ops). Now it seems to not have worked, I copies it fine with

adb push bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

Unless I am doing something wrong, which I am sure I am. Hints?

SteelH

Jun 12, 2010
Tried this in recovery (guessing since you don't have system rw access in nominal ops). Now it seems to not have worked, I copies it fine with

adb push bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

Unless I am doing something wrong, which I am sure I am. Hints?

Has several custom anims in the thread as well as step-by-step instructions.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=697527

(I can't post a damn link because I'm new here)

ortizdupri

Jun 10, 2010
Arlington, VA

I know the Nexus and the Evo have the same resolution, but why are the bootscreens from the Nexus in 512x256 resolution and the stock Evo one in 480x800? I've been trying to find the STOCK Nexus boot, hoping it's 480x800 so it works perfectly, but all I've seen is 512x256.