123 Best gps fix!!! Thanks Daryelv.. December 9th 2011

Search This thread

Just_s

May 6, 2010
Denver/Albuquerque
Awesome!

I thought I had already tried this with an EVO driver, but I guess not. I have had atrocious GPS since day one. I know just about every trick in the book for fixing GPS and had tried them all (including a driver swap like this), but none worked at all. It generally takes around 6 minutes to get any sort of weak lock, then it drops constantly before finally giving out altogether.

After flashing this zip, I got an instant lock inside my office (I've never had a lock in here before, not even day one on stock.) And, we are in the midst of a pretty severe snow storm with pretty much zero visibility. Simply fantastic!

4NDR01D5

Oct 31, 2011
##GPSCLRX# is ##4772579#
When its called on a dialpad with the stock based rom will open a hidden menu that will reset the gps programming in the phone. You are required to know the MSL, "getprop ril.MSL" in terminal works great..

I dont know but I took one phone back because the GPS failed after the CPU overheated from what I can tell the CPU & GPS are built into the same chip so it may explain why a new phone works flawlessly but degrades over time?

adma84

Aug 23, 2010
can someone explain to me why the samsung phone would be looking to use the driver if named gps.supersonic.so? Won't it be looking for it's sammy one? Thanks for any explanation

majininu

Dec 9, 2011
Don't know if it will help, but I got it to work.

1. After installation, erase the GPS cache from dialer
2. Go to Maps under Settings--> Applications and erase data there also
3. Use GPS Status to help get a better lock.
4. Hop on one leg and sing joy to the world....j/k
5. Go back to Maps and wait for a lock, if a little off wait for better lock

This happened to me and I have gotten a lock btw 2-10 meters in my office.

ker0zene

Feb 27, 2007
I don't know about everyone else, but after owning a Vibrant with its terrible GPS, I'm going to ODIN the stock tar, use my USB jig and taking my phone back to Sprint to get it replaced. I've tried most if not all of the GPS 'fixes' on the forum and nothing works. After I do finally get a lock, I lose it frequently. I think it's hardware related, flashing every leaked samfirmware.. calks.. nothing has made it better.

Beejis

Nov 14, 2008
Washington
I don't know about everyone else, but after owning a Vibrant with its terrible GPS, I'm going to ODIN the stock tar, use my USB jig and taking my phone back to Sprint to get it replaced. I've tried most if not all of the GPS 'fixes' on the forum and nothing works. After I do finally get a lock, I lose it frequently. I think it's hardware related, flashing every leaked samfirmware.. calks.. nothing has made it better.

That's what I did, no GPS tweak or hack or whatever worked for me. I complained at a Sprint store and got a brand new replacement. This new phone I have gets a lock almost instantly, and it never loses it once it gets a lock.

rgregg504

Sep 22, 2010
That's what I did, no GPS tweak or hack or whatever worked for me. I complained at a Sprint store and got a brand new replacement. This new phone I have gets a lock almost instantly, and it never loses it once it gets a lock.

This is the only fix

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

cray-z

Dec 25, 2011
Arizona
Drivers from the first post, plus the gps.conf file helped me out a lot. Even after 2 days with no reboot or clearing cache I can get a decent lock in about a minute. Used to get nothing or a 'lock' withing 1100 m.

rgregg504

Sep 22, 2010
Drivers from the first post, plus the gps.conf file helped me out a lot. Even after 2 days with no reboot or clearing cache I can get a decent lock in about a minute. Used to get nothing or a 'lock' withing 1100 m.

That's how my phone was. About a minute. New phone 5 seconds or less every single time with 6 foot accuracy in about 8 seconds. Don't settle its the phone

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

adma84

Aug 23, 2010
Listen folks, I would love for someone to prove me wrong, but I do indeed think this fix is a placebo. The edify script places the gps.supersonic.so in the /system/lib/hw

1. Why would the Samsung phone even care to look for the supersonic SO? It's got it's own so. I would think the Sammy driver would have to be removed and this driver be renamed or linked to in order for this to work
  2. Something may be up with my CWR, but the Supersonic SO doesn't even actually go in my /system/lib/hw correctly when flashing this zip

Can anyone please confirm or deny this? Also, I am on blazer ROM. The OP mentioned Caulk's rom. Does Caulk's rom use a different so (supersonic) than the other roms? That would explain why it work on Caulk's rom...

sec1rxg

Jul 30, 2008
Worked great for me, I got a lock near instantly :D

how did you accomplish that?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1433893

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I can't get this fix to work... Also I can never get past the dial screen when attempting this ##GPSCLRX#. what numbers does this translate too?

Try this on for size, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1433893

Kikoshi

Dec 25, 2010
Listen folks, I would love for someone to prove me wrong, but I do indeed think this fix is a placebo. The edify script places the gps.supersonic.so in the /system/lib/hw

1. Why would the Samsung phone even care to look for the supersonic SO? It's got it's own so. I would think the Sammy driver would have to be removed and this driver be renamed or linked to in order for this to work
  2. Something may be up with my CWR, but the Supersonic SO doesn't even actually go in my /system/lib/hw correctly when flashing this zip

Can anyone please confirm or deny this? Also, I am on blazer ROM. The OP mentioned Caulk's rom. Does Caulk's rom use a different so (supersonic) than the other roms? That would explain why it work on Caulk's rom...

Have you by any chance have EL29?
I tried it with EK02, and it did move it to that directory, but now it doesn't show up, so push the .so file to this directory with a root explorer or something, though im not certain if it requires permissions or anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IM RUNNING CALKS latest and greatest btw... Most all fixes get a fast lock, or at least a lock after a reboot. The REAL test is:will it still get a lock after, lets say, 8hrs? This is the only "fix" that has truly passed that test... Try it, and you will agree :) I like to open gps status and get a lock on satelites before i use my gps too, if that makes any difference.

This zip, plus GPS status works the best. Wipe dalvik and cache then flash away....
    Best way to check is use GPS to get first lock and directions.... if that's good, then try to do the same thing a few hours later BEFORE A REBOOT.... works like a charm.... I finally think this one works guys... check this out: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13140032&postcount=17953
    ##GPSCLRX# + MSL will reset your gps, a lot less of a pain too if your having problems getting a fix.
    FINALLY!!!

my phone was good until last week, now navigation never works, GPS takes 30-90 seconds to get a location within a few meters of me.

i've been trying everything, as many have been, and this fix only works for the first minute after using gps status. if i wait an hour and check maps again, i have to reset and re-download to get sats again and it still doesn't always work.

at this point i'm mildly convinced it's a hardware issue. unless a new driver is found, i'm going to try to get an exchange soon.

Edit:
    Going back to square one (so far) has been a good fix - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1351761

Edit 2:
    Nope, going back to pure stock works as temporary as flashing regional GPS sats or clearing GPS cache

i counted my chickens before they hatched, because i had the same problem as you. But look what i found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1100114&page=220
    This gps.config below works for our phones and actually fixes OUR problem.. it doesnt require constant reboots or anything... i also use gps status and toolbox.... just replace your gps.conf using root explorer and you are good to go. its in the /etc folder... dont forget to take off the .txt before you replace the gps.conf
    GPS

What problem is this fixing?
    A good number of unlucky people like me were experiencing SHAKY GPS.
    This is fixing my gps not working at all... Sometimes it would work off of several reboots.Same for my gf's et4g. i was tempted to exchange it for another et4g. I've had my phone since day 1, and gps has never worked consistenly.. Now it works flawlessly! Thanks again Angeldeath!!
    i counted my chickens before they hatched, because i had the same problem as you. But look what i found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1100114&page=220
    This gps.config below works for our phones and actually fixes OUR problem.. it doesnt require constant reboots or anything... i also use gps status and toolbox.... just replace your gps.conf using root explorer and you are good to go. its in the /etc folder... dont forget to take off the .txt before you replace the gps.conf

alright did the replacement, now with GPS toolbox, do i have to use this program exactly? can i use like GPS Test App? or is GPS toolbox safer?
    also if using Toolbox, i go to Tools then reset the AGPS then download from network, do i have to keep doing this every day? or just once? :)

Thank you!