[Q] 4 separate ROMS. Gets stuck at Turning wi-fi on, nothing else

Search This thread

acdcking12345

Mar 17, 2011
I have tried all of the ICS roms, and always gets stuck at the same spot. Wi-fi is turning on.

It worked on the Revolver 4, but I wanted to try another one. Did a super wipe, and bam. Nothing after that..

Any thing I might be able to try?

danjme

Feb 23, 2011
I also need help with this. I am trying to come from CM9 cornerstone build back to revolver. I have done a couple restores and I still get no WIFI. Anybody have anymore info on this?

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
You can try this:
- Turn off wifi
- rename the file /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to wpa_supplicant.old
- reboot
- try wifi again to see if it works

**note
This might cause the tablet to forget any previously saved networks.

Reactions: danjme

danjme

Feb 23, 2011
I have tried Outpoxs' method in varies combinations with no success also I have tired your method a.mcdear and also with no success. Mine is still stuck on Turing WI-Fi on... The one thing with outpox method there might have been something I was doing wrong.

danjme

Feb 23, 2011
This is how I fixed my tablet after 15 hours of trying everything. I downloaded the ota rooted full version of ics and performed a full wipe then made sure it booted into that rom with wifi working then proceeded to flash my revolver backup with no problems. Hope that helps. :)

Sep 26, 2010
Similar WiFi issue - still stuck

I hate to bump an old thread, but I've recently hit what appears to be a related issue (WiFi stuck off), though perhaps there are some twists to my tale - and I'm still stuck.

I have an early TF101 (B50) and have had it rooted with stock ICS for awhile. Everything has been mostly fine, but I decided to give CM9 nightlies a try.

Here's where my issue differs from the others in this thread. With the CM9 nightly flashed, I was stuck at the boot animation (for hours - left it overnight with no progress). I restored my nandroid backup and now I had the "WiFi Turning on" issue that others here have experienced.

I've tried multiple other ROMS (latest of AOKP, Gummy, and Prime 1.6), with complete wipes, and in each case, I was stuck on the respective boot animation. This completely mystifies me, but it may not be related to the WiFi problem. After each iteration of failed ROM flashing, I can restore my nandroid backup (the rooted stock ICS) and everything works fine EXCEPT WiFi.

Following the suggestions in this thread I've tried flashing a new stock ROM (from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1514658) and while that doesn't stick at the boot animation, it also doesn't fix my WiFi. I also tried a.mcdear's suggestion in http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23446585&postcount=7, but I did not have the file wpa_supplicant.conf in my /data/misc/wifi directory. The only file in there was an empty file called "status." Just for good measure, I tried renaming it, but no joy.

At this point, I'm out of ideas and have a severly crippled TF. I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas from the community.

TIA
--Roger

barcode_linux

Jul 25, 2012
I've have a rooted TF101 B50 and most ROM's that I have tried seem to fail at this point as well. However, I did notice that when I flashed my first ROM (AOKP) it has the same stock kernel. So I tried another one. This time was Revolution 4. It seemed to work out just fine because I belive it has the stock kernel. Next I moved onto a CM10 Eruoskank ROM. It too had the problem of the AOKP ROM in that after I flashed it, the stock kernel was still present, presumably left over from the Revolution 4 ROM. I am now on Android Revolution HD 3.5.0 and it seems to work fine so I am sticking with it for the time being.

I beleive something in the flashing script of the ROM or the recovery program itself is not flashing the /boot partition properly. I am not a developer nor do I have an in depth knowledge of the inner workings of Android...but this is just a guess. I hope there is a way to flash just a kernel in the /boot partition from these individual ROMs. That would be nice.

udupa82

Aug 8, 2011
If can access recovery then do a full wipe(system, cache and dalvik) and install the ROM again... that should do the trick... you might wanna try some other kernel also... there few kernels for ICS in the forum look for them and flash them via recovery...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

archdem0n

Jul 27, 2012
rstry this:

take unit out of dock if you use one. restore via cwm if u can, to 3.01 firmware, honeycomb. wipe all cache, data, etc prior to flash.

DO NOT SIGN INTO GOOGLE ACCOUNT.

Turn tablet completely off following boot. Cold boot back on. Grab latest official firmware off Asus website, xx.27

Install via CWM, and again wipe ALL.

Boot into system again, and cold boot back on. Asus should prompt you with 300mB update now, which differs from the official .27,but had same filename...

I found this bug/glitch a few hours ago... Somehow downgrading to HC and back to stock triggers this unknown update...

See if you can reproduce please. I also saved the firmwares to sdcard external.

archcantor

Feb 3, 2012
Bristol CT USA
The various ROMs require a supporting kernel. I would try obtaining the correct kernel for the ROM you want and then flash them both at the same time from recovery.

Sep 26, 2010
Resolved - for me

From replies here and other research, it became clear to me that I should reflash my transformer back to stock (NVFLASH down to the metal). Every other ROM would show the stuck WiFi issue or (worse) would get into a boot loop.

This was something of a problem, because my volume up button was broken and I couldn't enter APX mode. I finally managed a workaround for that (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1890236) and then used EasyFlasher to restore the Asus firmware. Now the WiFi works fine and all is well again.

So, as a last resort - scrub and start over.

Cheers!
--Roger

I hate to bump an old thread, but I've recently hit what appears to be a related issue (WiFi stuck off), though perhaps there are some twists to my tale - and I'm still stuck.

I have an early TF101 (B50) and have had it rooted with stock ICS for awhile. Everything has been mostly fine, but I decided to give CM9 nightlies a try.

Here's where my issue differs from the others in this thread. With the CM9 nightly flashed, I was stuck at the boot animation (for hours - left it overnight with no progress). I restored my nandroid backup and now I had the "WiFi Turning on" issue that others here have experienced.

I've tried multiple other ROMS (latest of AOKP, Gummy, and Prime 1.6), with complete wipes, and in each case, I was stuck on the respective boot animation. This completely mystifies me, but it may not be related to the WiFi problem. After each iteration of failed ROM flashing, I can restore my nandroid backup (the rooted stock ICS) and everything works fine EXCEPT WiFi.

Following the suggestions in this thread I've tried flashing a new stock ROM (from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1514658) and while that doesn't stick at the boot animation, it also doesn't fix my WiFi. I also tried a.mcdear's suggestion in http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23446585&postcount=7, but I did not have the file wpa_supplicant.conf in my /data/misc/wifi directory. The only file in there was an empty file called "status." Just for good measure, I tried renaming it, but no joy.

At this point, I'm out of ideas and have a severly crippled TF. I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas from the community.

TIA
--Roger

mdemmanuel

Nov 18, 2008

TIA
--Roger

I also have the same issue. Bought the eee pad transformer with a cracked screen; touch screen did not work. I replaced it and everything works great! except for Wi-Fi =\ Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lethe6

Sep 11, 2012
You should really start your own thread. That being said, first thing to try is to back up all your data and wipe it to factory using EasyFlasher. If the problem persists after a stock firmware flash, then it's likely a hardware issue. If it's resolved, then it was a rom/software issue.

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012

TIA
--Roger

Im 99% sure your problem is that you haven't got the right kernel for the rom your using, this is the usual outcome - wifi not working/ turning on. i don't think nandroid backs up the kernel so your basically restoring stock ICS rom with cm9s kernel. Try find the related kernel to rom your currently on. As for your rom failed flashing, you might be using a very old recovery try updating to the newest twrp recovery. Better yet join the dark side and move up to Jelly Bean, makes the tf101 a whole new device.

Top Liked Posts