How good is the music playback from the speaker

Search This thread

woeds

Aug 13, 2008
Leiden
We all know that HTC is heavily promoting the conference call feature with the big speaker on the back, but I haven't heard a single thing about the music quality.
So, a simple question to anyone who's been able to test out the TP2. How good is the speaker for listening to music?

DaveTheTytnIIGuy

Aug 28, 2008
Sacramento, California
Well, I thought I saw something like this in its launch video, and all it said about speakers is "Bi-Amped Dual Speaker phone". I think that means two speakers. The video is here if you'd like to interpret it for yourself. And maybe I'm just crazy, but I think I remember hearing that there is a dedicated woofer and tweeter on this device, so that could very well mean good audio quality. In addition, since HTC is advertising that conference calling feature so much, it seems that they would want good audio quality on it, otherwise it's just another speaker phone capable device. Just my thoughts anyway.

Dave

Last edited:

cocoaju

Mar 14, 2009
Hong Kong
We all know that HTC is heavily promoting the conference call feature with the big speaker on the back, but I haven't heard a single thing about the music quality.
So, a simple question to anyone who's been able to test out the TP2. How good is the speaker for listening to music?

Judging from HTC's spec, "Noise-cancelling dual microphones and speakers", suggests more than 1 speaker. It ends with an 'S'. So 2 Speakers. 2 Speakers must be better than 1.

woeds

Aug 13, 2008
Leiden
Guys, I am aware that the specs are better, but I'm wondering how that translates into real world performance. A speaker that's good enough for clear conference calls, isn't necessarily good enough for quality music playback :)

cocoaju

Mar 14, 2009
Hong Kong
I can understand you completely. I think the only ones that can answer this is the ones that had the device for preview testings. Or you can wait until June, when it comes out.

Lyian

Feb 17, 2009
For those that arnt aware, Bi-amped means the one speaker takes in two signals. Usualy one signal for the low frequences, and another for the mid's and highs. This results (due to genraly more power to the speaker) in cleaner/louder sound. But its also dependant on how much power is being put to it.

In theory, if these little speakers are in fact, bi-amped, they should sound alot better than if they were not, but this could also mean it sucks up more battery power.