[Q] Help a Noob?

Search This thread

kmages

Feb 19, 2011
Just got my Verizon HTC Max One. I want to unlock the bootloader, turn S-OFF (I think), root and add CWM, and still have my fingerprint reader work. Is this possible and if so, what are the steps.

Much appreciated.

Vinchenzop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
Just got my Verizon HTC Max One. I want to unlock the bootloader, turn S-OFF (I think), root and add CWM, and still have my fingerprint reader work. Is this possible and if so, what are the steps.

Much appreciated.

Follow all instructions to unlock and s-off...then go to This thread (particularly step 2 of the thread) to 'relock' your bootloader and you'll have the advantages of s-off and still have fingerprint scanner

Reactions: scotty1223

DVS_Sokar

Apr 26, 2009
Sacramento,CA
Last edited:
Reactions: scotty1223

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Technically speaking. You won't "Re-lock" your bootloader you will just change the flag to be Locked and the fingerprint scanner will work again.

This Thread covers it:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2540004
To clarify it does change the bootloader flag to locked which does in effect make the bootloader locked again.
not sure what youre asking. locked is locked... this leaves the "lock status" flag that tells hboot wether to be unlocked or not, in a locked state,just as it came out of the box.

if you mean "does the lock status flag need to tell hboot to be locked in order for the fingerprint scanner to work" then the answer is yes. hex editing hboot to make the unlocked banner read "locked" does absolutely nothing functionally. whatever partition controls the fingerprint scanner is looking at the lock status flag itself,and could care less what hboots banner reads ;)

Top Liked Posts