[Q] Htc one x bricked?

Search This thread

Mennotr

Apr 28, 2014
Zutphen
After sending my One X to repairs I got a new one, I think, atleast a new board.

I installed my old backup using clockworkmod. This worked fine without any problems for two weeks.

Then today, I wasn't doing anything, I just see my phone lying stuck on the htc boot image.I rebooted a few times and after it booted HTC Sense kept crashing, i could open settings.

I did a factory reset in bootloader.

It booted but sense was still crashing.

The htc boot image showed and it turned of.

Now it won't do anything.

It won't boot not after holding the power button or the power button and the volume down button. There is no little red light when charging and it won't connect to my computer.

Does anyone have an idea what could have happend and what i can do now?

I'm sending it back to htc tomorrow.

tuxor1337

Feb 5, 2011
I read about these symptoms quiet often lately. Seems to be a very common - still unsolved - problem. I myself have this problem, but am out of warranty. I could not find anybody, who managed to resolve this issue. If HTC repairs your phone and tells you, which was the faulty part, it would be extremely helpful to know. It could be a damaged battery or the motherboard just as well.

Mennotr

Apr 28, 2014
Zutphen
I don't know if the CID was compatible, it was a different One X, maybe it had the old battery. Can't you just restore backup to all other phone with the same model?

HTC just send back "boardswap" if they just renew it, they don't say what was wrong.

tuxor1337

Feb 5, 2011
Okay, a swap of the complete motherboard is a pretty desperate action, because you lose all your data. But it seems like there is no alternative. That's really annoying. This wouldn't be a problem with a microsd slot - a problem with the CPU wouldn't cut off access to the (external) memory. What a crap...

Mennotr

Apr 28, 2014
Zutphen
Okay, a swap of the complete motherboard is a pretty desperate action, because you lose all your data. But it seems like there is no alternative. That's really annoying. This wouldn't be a problem with a microsd slot - a problem with the CPU wouldn't cut off access to the (external) memory. What a crap...

I care more about losing my phone for a week again, i hava a backup because I send it in a few weeks ago. Just a few pictures will be lost.