[Q] Stuck on Yellow Sprint Screen can not fix with ODIN

Search This thread

twrigh5

May 15, 2014
I was rooted on a stock rom with n9005 CWM for kitkat. I tried flashing the deodexed version for wifi tether. I didnt realize i needed odexed instead. now i am stuck on the sprint screen upon reboot. i tried using odin to reflash that rom again as well as a Cf auto root. both flashed but still stuck on the same screen upon reboot. I then tried to wipe and clear all data and cashe as well as factory reset from recovery mode. still the same issue. ANY help will be appreciated.

NOTE: i looked for 3 days for help on XDA as well as other sites and can not find anything specific to my case, or anything that will work. Please if you offer help include links as i have searched for everything i could think of.

twrigh5

May 15, 2014
is this it

i downloaded this SM-N900P_NAB_Stock_Bootloader.tar.md5 from rwilco12's android repository

is this what you are referencing? or is there a different stock file you are refering to?

twrigh5

May 15, 2014
is this it?

Have you tried to get the stock tar file and use that in Odin? That would bring you back to complete stock.

i downloaded this SM-N900P_NAB_Stock_Bootloader.tar.md5 from rwilco12's android repository

is this what you are referencing? or is there a different stock file you are refering to?

topherk

Nov 16, 2010
Los Angeles

First, let's diagnose what's wrong, to see what you need to do to fix it.

Flashing a DeOdex Mod onto an Odex ROM.
This will mess up your system files. What you'll most-likely get is a bootloop (or stuck at startup, which is where you're at). When this happens, you should be able to still access Recovery and Download Modes. This is good news! This means you have many options to fix your phone.

Possible solutions for your problem.
  1. Restore a backup in Recovery.
    The first rule when flashing ROMs/Mods is that you read and understand the thread first.
    A close second rule is to make a backup before flashing anything.
    I doubt that you have a backup, since that would've been the first thing you would've tried. That's ok, we just have to do a little more work to get your phone fixed.
  2. Reflash the custom ROM in Recovery
    This doesn't apply to you too much, because you weren't running a custom ROM, just a rooted stock ROM, but I think it's good for others who might have a similar problem. If you had a bootloop issue, you can always re-flash the ROM in recovery. I'd just recommend wiping data, cache, dalvik cache, and system prior to flashing the ROM.
  3. Reflash the Stock ROM in ODIN.
    This is the last-case scenario. I'd go to this thread that micmars wrote and follow his instructions very carefully. Doing this should get your phone back to stock. Then I'd re-do the rooting like you did originally (make sure you're using the kit-kat instructions.

Once you get your phone back and running (and rooted), the first thing I'd recommend is to create a nandroid backup in recovery. This will be your life-saver whenever something gets messed up.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:
I figured that I should give you a reason why the CFAutoRoot didn't work for you:

CF Auto Root only modifies certain files. It's not flashing an entire rooted ROM onto your phone, it's just selectively modifying/replacing files so that you have root access. So, when the system is messed up due to flashing a incompatible Mod, CF Auto Root is not likely to fix those issues. Only flashing a stock Rom, like DarkManX4lf suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: twrigh5

twrigh5

May 15, 2014

This will mess up your system files. What you'll most-likely get is a bootloop (or stuck at startup, which is where you're at). When this happens, you should be able to still access Recovery and Download Modes. This is good news! This means you have many options to fix your phone.

The first rule when flashing ROMs/Mods is that you read and understand the thread first.
    I doubt that you have a backup, since that would've been the first thing you would've tried. That's ok, we just have to do a little more work to get your phone fixed.
    This doesn't apply to you too much, because you weren't running a custom ROM, just a rooted stock ROM, but I think it's good for others who might have a similar problem. If you had a bootloop issue, you can always re-flash the ROM in recovery. I'd just recommend wiping data, cache, dalvik cache, and system prior to flashing the ROM.
    This is the last-case scenario. I'd go to this thread that micmars wrote and follow his instructions very carefully. Doing this should get your phone back to stock. Then I'd re-do the rooting like you did originally (make sure you're using the kit-kat instructions.

Once you get your phone back and running (and rooted), the first thing I'd recommend is to create a nandroid backup in recovery. This will be your life-saver whenever something gets messed up.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your fast response. Im sure as soon as the file downloads i will be just fine. Thanks again!

topherk

Nov 16, 2010
Los Angeles
the download isnt working right now, but maybe it will in a few. if you know of another link id appreciate that, if not then thanks again for all youre help thus far and i will just wait and hopefully it works.

I'm able to download it at home (currently at 10%). I'll upload it to Dropbox when it's done and PM you the link.

Reactions: twrigh5

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Yeah. On a full stock Odin flash, things need a little longer to initialize and set up at the first boot. Even after you boot up completely, it takes awhile for everything to finish and settle down.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried to get the stock tar file and use that in Odin? That would bring you back to complete stock.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:
    I figured that I should give you a reason why the CFAutoRoot didn't work for you:

CF Auto Root only modifies certain files. It's not flashing an entire rooted ROM onto your phone, it's just selectively modifying/replacing files so that you have root access. So, when the system is messed up due to flashing a incompatible Mod, CF Auto Root is not likely to fix those issues. Only flashing a stock Rom, like DarkManX4lf suggested.
    Hmm the link wasn't working either earlier this week. Try posting in the thread or messaging mcmars.
    the download isnt working right now, but maybe it will in a few. if you know of another link id appreciate that, if not then thanks again for all youre help thus far and i will just wait and hopefully it works.

I'm able to download it at home (currently at 10%). I'll upload it to Dropbox when it's done and PM you the link.