Could someone make a flashable zip for the new update D80120e June 30, 2014.

Search This thread

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Could someone make a flashable zip for the new update D80120e June 30, 2014 please?!

sixcoronas

Nov 27, 2009
Texas
I just bought my phone from Swappa. It's currently rooted,TWRP and running D80120a.

I received OTA update notification last night.

Will I loose root if I allow it to install?

If so, how can I ignore it and disable the notification?

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
I just bought my phone from Swappa. It's currently rooted,TWRP and running D80120a.

If you're rooted with TWRP, the OTA won't install, at least it didn't for me. I clicked on the OTA and it rebooted into TWRP, but nothing installed. Rebooted the system, the OTA was gone, and I was still on 20a. You will lose root if you install the 20e, but you can re-root with TowelRoot and I believe you can get TWRP back with AutoRec (I used TowelRoot, but not AutoRec). From my understanding, if you use AutoRec, you will lose Knock Code.

Reactions: sixcoronas

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
So I tried to update and it went through the process. Even seen the little green android saying installing update . phone rebooted still had root access and about phone is showing the "a" version. Checked for update again and it said phone up to date. This doesn't seem right

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

Howie Dub

Apr 13, 2011
So I tried to update and it went through the process. Even seen the little green android saying installing update . phone rebooted still had root access and about phone is showing the "a" version. Checked for update again and it said phone up to date. This doesn't seem right

I'm guessing you don't have a custom recovery? I had TWRP and the green android was on for a split second before TWRP started and it didn't update. I think if you're rooted, you have to update via the support tool or the pc suite. To get root back, use towelroot. Backup your data, but you should be able to keep everything on your phone if you don't wipe/reset.

Reactions: hippiesky

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Not that I've found yet, seems like a lot of people ditched this phone unfortunately

Sent from my LG-D801

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone found a link to download the kdz yet?

Just updated the thread here with the link. I didn't want to start a whole new thread or have it get lost in another thread.

If you're rooted with TWRP, the OTA won't install, at least it didn't for me. I clicked on the OTA and it rebooted into TWRP, but nothing installed. Rebooted the system, the OTA was gone, and I was still on 20a. You will lose root if you install the 20e, but you can re-root with TowelRoot and I believe you can get TWRP back with AutoRec (I used TowelRoot, but not AutoRec). From my understanding, if you use AutoRec, you will lose Knock Code.

I'm guessing you don't have a custom recovery? I had TWRP and the green android was on for a split second before TWRP started and it didn't update. I think if you're rooted, you have to update via the support tool or the pc suite. To get root back, use towelroot. Backup your data, but you should be able to keep everything on your phone if you don't wipe/reset.