LG backup

Search This thread

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
Can lg backup tool be used to create a complete backup that can be used to restore later like a nandroid backup?

Since flashing v10f,this backup is looping, any ideas?

J03-84

Oct 21, 2013
backup alternative

So as a newbie what's the next best thing to a Nandroid backup on the LG-D850 if the bootloader is locked and can't use CWM or TWRP? I made a Titanium Backup and I've read that's not enough.

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
I think you should backup your modem/radio and also have full TB backup. If your phone screws, you have to reflash and restore all apps and config. Make sure your launcher backup is copied to ext sd card. Very painful until boot loader is unlocked.

Found this somewhere on cad on how to backup efs.Copy to the cloud for safe keeping

Backup EFS

adb shell

su

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1 of=/storage/external_SD/modemst1.img

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2 of=/storage/external_SD/modemst2.img

Restore EFS
adb shell

su

dd if=/storage/external_SD/modemst1.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1

dd if=/storage/external_SD/modemst2.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2[

Last edited:
Reactions: Vahooli

J03-84

Oct 21, 2013
Thanks that's actually exactly what I did. As of now I have a TB, EFS and my action launcher backup on my PC. I really want to mess around with G3 Tweakbox but I don't want to install the Xposed framework until there's an exploit found to make a Nandroid backup.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

bpodnar

Jan 14, 2012
Can someone tell me is there EFS folder on LG g3 D855? I cant find it with Root Explorer. I've made an backup with ADB SHELL etc. but I want to copy that folder by myself. Thanks!

I found this topic trying to find some guide for backing up EFS files.
Unlike you I haven't manage to backup in any way the two img files but I have followed the path below (from root with root explorer):
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name where you can find modemst1 & modemst2
After that I couldn't in any way manually copy them or upload them.

Still trying to find a way to backup EFS with the given code in the respected threads. In particular I miss the steps before entering the code...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope

-
    We humans are capable of greatness.
    I think you should backup your modem/radio and also have full TB backup. If your phone screws, you have to reflash and restore all apps and config. Make sure your launcher backup is copied to ext sd card. Very painful until boot loader is unlocked.

Found this somewhere on cad on how to backup efs.Copy to the cloud for safe keeping

Backup EFS

adb shell

su

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1 of=/storage/external_SD/modemst1.img

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2 of=/storage/external_SD/modemst2.img

Restore EFS
    adb shell

su

dd if=/storage/external_SD/modemst1.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1

dd if=/storage/external_SD/modemst2.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2[