Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

Search This thread

secuthor

Jul 5, 2012
Uppsala
Maybe your search criteria was bad :) the procedure is as simple as a bean. First find the rom you like, then flash a recovery and then flash the rom. That's it. If you need a detailed step by step tutorial, visit any rom thread and you will find the info you need.

Sent from my OT-995 using Tapatalk 2
I really apreciate your answer but when I read a tutorial step by step my alcatel stop working and it was nothing to do than the garbage can..
so I really searching for a working tutorial..because they I found are useless..thank again för your answer..

tumaini418

May 29, 2012
Ängelholm
we lack a noobish-proofed wiki for all this questions..

Isn't all that stuff easy enough to find though? I've been thinking, the reason I knew most of the things is because I googled it due to the devices I owned prior to this one. I had no idea what fastboot was, much less how to use it.... until I googled it.....
I have never asked many questions about anything in any forum or thread.

Sent from my OT-995 using xda premium

Jinxxed

Mar 12, 2012
badalup
we lack a noobish-proofed wiki for all this questions..

I'll start one right here:

1. run Linux, if you're not running Linux, install Linux. Don't do it in a VM, do it right on your hard drive, under windows if you want to but install it.

The reason being that fastboot in Windows uses cygwin and is horribly unreliable.

Think about it, you're physically moving data to a device via an interface that hardwrites code to the storage without the phones safety features enabled at all, do you really want to do that using hacked emulator code? Install Linux.

It might work, if you just remove all drivers and install some driver or it won't, 95 times out of 100 the user makes a mistake even if you give him exact instructions or he has some other driver for another phone or device messing it up.

So run Linux, your phone does.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Isn't all that stuff easy enough to find though? I've been thinking, the reason I knew most of the things is because I googled it due to the devices I owned prior to this one. I had no idea what fastboot was, much less how to use it.... until I googled it.....
I have never asked many questions about anything in any forum or thread.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong here. Windows handles drivers like your blind grandmother handles groceries, not so bloody well.

You may end up with an apple pie made with beef stew and oranges.

Fastboot uses a direct interface to the hardware, any version of windows later than windows98 won't allow that so you have to go via the WDM interface for the driver and then maybe... but not really since fastboot itself uses cygwin emulation and the driver may just reject that call or misinterpret it.

I tried to fix it for someones win7 computer for an hour or so before i realized that it is easier to use 5GB of the harddrive to install Ubuntu than it is to negotiate driver control with an interface that was made by Hel herself.

milentije89

Jan 10, 2013
Одг: Alcatel OT-995 a.k.a Ultra or Sapphire HD

This phone is much better than htc dhd.but htc has stable 4.2.2.alcatel should have newest jb rom.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using xda app-developers app

tumaini418

May 29, 2012
Ängelholm
Don't like it, won't do it. lol
Though I do see your point.
My point was that if I can do it, anyone can. You have to want to do it. All the noob questions have been answered. This device is the same as any other as far as flashing, recoveries and so on. That's why I say legitimate questions should be addressed, all "how do I" questions should be looked up. Like I said, I knew what to do from searches I've done in the past. I've learned very little in this thread. I hadn't flashed a recovery with fastboot before, so I had no idea what to do with the first one that was posted here. So I found out how to do it. The one question I had for it never did get answered here. :)

barclac

May 19, 2012
Could someone please tell me how to get the phone into fast boot mode.

roti86

Oct 2, 2010
ICS-Ultimate after normal use, browsing,calling,donloading and playing light games. Oc to 1.7

View attachment 1773768

Here is my result on ICS+ 1.3. UC to 1.0Ghz. Smartass v2 governor. Min frequency 122Mhz.

battery0305.jpeg

Looks like Ultimate ICS is more battery friendly, but I keep testing it. What about your results OT 995 users? ;)

Jinxxed

Mar 12, 2012
badalup
Could someone please tell me how to get the phone into fast boot mode.

1. turn off your phone.
2. while holding volume down press power, don't let go of volume down for a few seconds (let's say five seconds).

You're now in fastboot mode.

I checked the version of cwm i uploaded to my dropbox and it's working fine.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Don't like it, won't do it. lol
Though I do see your point.
My point was that if I can do it, anyone can. You have to want to do it. All the noob questions have been answered. This device is the same as any other as far as flashing, recoveries and so on. That's why I say legitimate questions should be addressed, all "how do I" questions should be looked up. Like I said, I knew what to do from searches I've done in the past. I've learned very little in this thread. I hadn't flashed a recovery with fastboot before, so I had no idea what to do with the first one that was posted here. So I found out how to do it. The one question I had for it never did get answered here. :)

Well that is an assumption on your part that i don't agree with. With windows you can have 93512 usb gadget drivers for different things that may or may not mess with your drivers for your phone, not to mention that having ANY drivers installed for your phone will in itself prevent fastboot from working properly. You were lucky, you didn't have anything installed that would prevent fastboot from working, i'd say about 50% of everyone trying do have something installed that will prevent it from working though and since there is a LOT of devices out there that people will still want to keep installed while using fastboot it's almost impossible to fix it without removing support for keyboard, mouse, external storage, what have you...

I get your point about a newbie corner though but i sincerely doubt it will resolve fastboot issues and just installing ubuntu on windows will fix the issue in less than an hour. If my daughter could run slackware in 1998 then you can run ubuntu in 2013. It won't slow down your Windows installation, in fact it won't affect it at all except that when you boot your computer you'll have the choice to boot Ubuntu, it won't touch the partition table, it installs into a single file on your NTFS partition you're using to run Windows.

Personally i have NEVER been able to get fastboot to work correctly in windows, formatting options sometimes work, other times they don't, sometimes the flash works, other times it's trying to flash a keyboard that is attatched to the USB interface it's expecting the phone to be on.

I'm just saying that if you really want to use these things then it might be worth the hour to set it up properly rather than relying on a half arsed windows/cygwin emulation of Linux to actually rewrite the storage that boots your phone.

Reactions: barclac

tumaini418

May 29, 2012
Ängelholm
I know that jinxxed. :)
I wasn't making a defense for windows. lol
I just don't like Linux. Though I do understand why some may.
BTW, in '95 I took my first IBM apart and put it back together. It was a freebe cause my mother worked for the company. First computer I had contact with was a main frame. PCs weren't around yet. Phones I don't know, computers..... different all together. ;)

HoScHaKaL

Nov 1, 2011
Trabzon
New H1N1 CM 10
217989_cm.jpg

cm-10-20130305-UNOFFICIAL-cocktail
revision fixes
Updated-cm
light source can now manually setting
the backlight is Bill
embedded media player works well web See Pic 1 2 3
OMX codec fix
Preview graphic camera bug fixed
google-now fixed in the new GAAPs
-Fixed wifi mac address
Battery-fix v2
screen lock screen "burn-in" is fixed (still questionable)

Download

ROM : http://d-h.st/Szr
Gapss : http://d-h.st/AeR

jika23

New H1N1 CM 10

revision fixes
Updated-cm
the backlight is Bill
embedded media player works well web See Pic
OMX codec fix
-Fixed wifi mac address
Battery-fix v2

Great news, downloading now, and flashing in a moment.:D:D

Jinxxed

Mar 12, 2012
badalup
I know that jinxxed. :)
I wasn't making a defense for windows. lol
I just don't like Linux. Though I do understand why some may.
BTW, in '95 I took my first IBM apart and put it back together. It was a freebe cause my mother worked for the company. First computer I had contact with was a main frame. PCs weren't around yet. Phones I don't know, computers..... different all together. ;)

I don't get why... you can't kllick a K instead of your usual start menu? Can't handle installinga program with one click rather than searching the web, finding it, downloading it and have it say you need to pay for it rather than just click package manager, search for whatever file format or action you want the program to do, get a suggestion and install it?

Yeah... i can see how that would be a tradeoff... wut?

In 1983 i programmed a C64 to make a customer registry for renting copied VHS tapes.

You once asked me how old i am, i'm a grandfather and that is all i'll say on the matter.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

New H1N1 CM 10
217989_cm.jpg

revision fixes
Updated-cm
the backlight is Bill
OMX codec fix
-Fixed wifi mac address
Battery-fix v2

Download

1. OMX was fixed a long time ago.
2. Never had a problem before his ROM's and nice that he claims to have fixed it while just reverting his own changes into the original ius code.
3. No it isn't, i can tell you how to fix it but you'll need a ROM that is better than this one to make it work, any one of Ben's will work, this won't.
4. The battery problem is because the kernel is using power collapse rather than halt, it is not fixed, it's worse than ever and you can't just slap code onto kernel without upgrading it to the code from which kernel you stole the code from. This is why this kernel is useless.
5. you wut?

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

New H1N1 CM 10
217989_cm.jpg

revision fixes
Updated-cm
the backlight is Bill
OMX codec fix
-Fixed wifi mac address
Battery-fix v2

Download

99% is ius and Ben's work and it seems someone found my github because bagyusz tree won't build this but mine will and it will because i removed what is in his tree and replaced it with the ICS compat files, i'd like to see someone build it on his tree without using mine.

I've contacted him five times about cooperation, ben has contacted him too three times, it seems like he's not interested at all, he just wants to use the code and claim it is his.

Well, i'm removing my code now, though i suppose he has already copied my manifest and the changes he will not get the finished ROM for free with 4.2.

It is not my fault nor is it Ben's fault that he refuses to cooperate on this, i sincerely don't care about the code i release as long as i'm credited for my release, nor does Ben i'm sure but to just build a rom off of my tree and then not even updating your own to reflect where you got it from...

I'm retreating, i'll work with ben to release the code we have going on 4.2.2 and i'm making my git private as a result of this stupidity.

Exroid

Nov 5, 2012
Lakeland
In my option Linux is better for computer savvy people. Easy to add support for any device and stable. Like u wouldn't use ford engine in a Honda. Use Linux on Linux(android)

Sent from my OT-995 using xda app-developers app

wwenigma

Oct 6, 2007
Miskolc
Excuse me MR. Epic linux programmer. Have YOU ever posted ANYTHING in this topic? Maybe NO? So when you wrote the above post, you forgot about that tiny thing... and one more little thing:

EVIDENCE

Evidence about stoling your (lol, lol, lol) code, and evidence about 99% revert to ius code. Bagyusz's tree is working, maybe you cant able to make 4.2 then you say that....

So, evidence about these things, or shut the * up....

We share our stuffs, bagyusz make a really good cm10, now you start help us with your knowledge or stfu.

Exroid

Nov 5, 2012
Lakeland
Excuse me MR. Epic linux programmer. Have YOU ever posted ANYTHING in this topic? Maybe NO? So when you wrote the above post, you forgot about that tiny thing... and one more little thing:

EVIDENCE

Evidence about stoling your (lol, lol, lol) code, and evidence about 99% revert to ius code. Bagyusz's tree is working, maybe you cant able to make 4.2 then you say that....

So, evidence about these things, or shut the * up....

We share our stuffs, bagyusz make a really good cm10, now you start help us with your knowledge or stfu.

Dude wtf is your deal I was just giving my option on Linux or windows. What are you talking about stolen code. Plz leave this forum you cause way to many problems with people

wwenigma

Oct 6, 2007
Miskolc
Dude wtf is your deal I was just giving my option on Linux or windows. What are you talking about stolen code. Plz leave this forum you cause way to many problems with people

May you read Jinxxed's post? I think no...
Jinxxed - I WAIT YOUR ANSWER and YOUR apology.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, here you go, an ICS backup flashable using CWM - works on any bootloader version.

1. Flash or boot CWM
    2. Backup your existing firmware (important)
    3. Download: CWM-flashable ICS FR
    4. Store the alcatel_ics_fr directory on SD as /clockworkmod/backup/alcatel_ics_fr/
    5. Use CWM's backup and restore -> restore -> alcatel_ics_fr to restore the image
    6. Choose data/factory reset to clear your data partition

Edit: the old warning about WiFi nvram is not an issue.

Rooting hint: the zip also contains boot_root.img, boot it using fastboot (fastboot boot boot_root.img) to get an easy adb root shell.

Many thanks to Lymnoreia for the clean backup.
    So Scrolling Issue fixed? M confused thanx all efforts ı hope battery life fixed too

Everything is fixed.
    ICS+ V1.3:

CHANGELOG:
    removed gallery and added quickpic (faster and has .MOV support)
    removed shutdown in reboot menu (does'nt belong there)
    removed Google now and added stock quick search bar
    removed JB voice search and added ICS voice search
    added lots of languages:
    Amharic
    Bahasa Indonesia
    Cestina
    Dansk
    Hrvatski
    Latviesu
    Lietuviu
    Malay
    Norsk bokmal
    Polski
    Romana
    Slovencina
    Suomi
    Svenska
    Swahili
    Tagalog
    Tieng Viet
    Zulu
    Russian
    Greek
    Serbian
    Several others

INSTALL NOTES:
    - copy the zip to sdcard
    - boot cwm V6 (get it HERE)
    - flash the .zip

- once rebooted remember that this rom is stripped down to the MAX
    - there is no bootanimation // u will see the black blinking android screen (that is not a bootloop)
    - just wait for 2 minutes

DOWNLOAD:
    ICS+V1.3_GBloader.zip - 164.50 MB
    ICS+V1.3_ICSloader.zip - 164.50 MB

CREDITS:
    - H1N1 team for a few files and kernel
    - Iuss for the recovery

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
    - Dont install Seeder.apk // it already runs on boot via init.d
    - while installing the rom it flashes cwm to make sure it's not rebooting into stock recovery when u choose reboot recovery
    - in trebuchet launcher orientation is disabled by default // u can enable it at trebuchet menu
    After some silence, I'm here to give you something, guys. Jinxxed did it, again. A brand new build of CM-11.0, fresh from the oven, with his own kernel (version was stuck at 3.0.101 for some reason, but it is actually 3.5, contains updated drivers, no more outdated legacy stuff), reworked most of the stuff, etc.

Pretty good scores on Antutu (6321 on first try).

Download:
    CM11 | Mirror
    GApps | Mirror

Please note that this is still in Alpha, and a lot of changes will come in the future. If you find any bugs, please report!
    H1N1 Reloaded ROM with Kernel V3 (for ICS/GB bootloader)

H1N1 ROM official topic - everywhere inside!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    H1N1 Reloaded ROM & Kernel V3 released (with Aroma™ installer*)
    *if you updated your phone to ICS with OTU, you have ICS bootloader, follow Aroma™ installer instructions

H1N1 Reloaded changelog:

- corrected symlinks inside boot.img
    - added crt off animation
    - fully deodexed & merged & optimized apks for the optimized speed & better stability
    - removed bloatware stuff
    - custpack is only functioning for storing gapps
    - prerooted

Kernel V3 changelog:

- boot with stock 1,4GHz but able to up to 1,8GHz at your own risk!
    - AXI/GPU OC removed because of battery/overheat problems
    - voltage table revised/optimalisations (UV for more battery life)
    - ArmV7 kernel optimalisations
    - added zRam (continously 100-180MB free RAM)
    - Audio buffer set to 64k instead default 16k (no more crackling)
    - removed unnecessary kernel moduls (for debug)
    - added governors: SmartassV2 / Smartass / interactiveX / Lagfree
    - added new I/O schedulers: SIO / VR
    - touch optimalisation (Smoothness...)

Installation instructions:

1., Download CWM recovery and ROM file from here: http://d-h.st/users/heimdallr75
    2., Copy H1N1_reloaded_aroma.zip to SDcard
    3.a, Reboot phone to CWM recovery (turn on phone in fastboot mode - power on+volume down + connect USB cable - then in command prompt run fastboot boot recovery_machfix-2012.06.09.img )
    3.b, If you dont like push buttons, type to command prompt, simply download this package, extract it then connect USB cable to phone and run recovery.bat
    4., MAKE BACKUP if needed.
    5., run Wipe data/factory reset
    6., under advanced run Wipe dalvik-cache
    7., Install zip from sd card menu then select H1N1_reloaded_aroma.zip and follow instructions

No mirrors allowed, and please, post your build.prop mods/file delete lists instead more hipertweaked versions and everyone able to modify own system! All credits to bagyusz & Heimdallr75 & qltsar (from pH!). :highfive: