Can't find bluetooth tethering option

Search This thread

moyofalaye

Jul 11, 2006
usa
Just wanted to confirm, am I the only one with missing bluetooth tethering?

I really would like to Tether my tablet to my phone using bluetooth.

THANK YOU

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
It's removed. Needs a framework res edit to show.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

moyofalaye

Jul 11, 2006
usa
That's not true, actually bluetooth is the best for low data traffic, and at lower power consumption than any other options. Bluetooth tethering has been around since bluetooth 1.0 that's more than 15 yrs now. Please don't come here and spout rubbish. If you don't know something, and are not asking a question, it's better to keep quiet. Misinformation is worse than keeping your mouth shut

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
That's not true, actually bluetooth is the best for low data traffic, and at lower power consumption than any other options. Bluetooth tethering has been around since bluetooth 1.0 that's more than 15 yrs now. Please don't come here and spout rubbish. If you don't know something, and are not asking a question, it's better to keep quiet. Misinformation is worse than keeping your mouth shut

In my experience, it uses the same amount of battery as wifi tethering, which is far easier to connect, not to mention faster.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
In my experience, it uses the same amount of battery as wifi tethering, which is far easier to connect, not to mention faster.

Not in my experience. It's fast enough for tethering. Also, it does use less power. Bluetooth is at best 30 feet. WiFi 100 yards. Therefore requires less power to push the signal. I like Bluetooth tethering. Only really use it for adb and quick laptop web browsing.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

moyofalaye

Jul 11, 2006
usa
You know, speaking of which, I think it is still there somehow. If you were to get one of those Android wear, they I'm guessing are using bluetooth tethering to connect.
Anyways all I'm trying to do is turn my tablet into a glorified gps unit.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
don't come here and spout rubbish. If you don't know something, [.. blah blah blah]

If you lost the attitude, you'd get more constructive help. As noted above bluetooth does not typically result in any real world power saving. It's harder to configure and connect and crucially has an extremely limited range that is problematic for many people.

Blue tooth is annoying to use and is dying a slow death as more and more people grow disenchanted with it. You seem to be an evangalist, but the majority disagree with you and the Android development team formed the same opinion. Good riddance.