[Q][WIP][Ubuntu Touch] Making flashable zip

Search This thread

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Hi mate

this question is for developers, after making a device tree of s2vep to try making a port of ubuntu touch based on phablet-4.4.2 source, after finish compilation is generated only .img files, the question is how to make a flashable and which comman should use to make it?? s2 plus doesn't support fastboot, so i can't do anymore.

Reactions: SH1M4BD3

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Interested, aaa hope some dev can join here and made this possible forr our devices

OrdinaryNoob

Update: i try to port it yesterday with phablet-10.1 the old source and here the following steps.

1-compilation work fine without any errors.
2-got a flashable zip of 32mb (i don't know what should be).
3-flashed with TWRP recovery.
4-install saucy phablet zip, done without problem.
5-boot is ok, but i got a black screen then i heard the original animation of samsung, then phone got to be hot, thats mean is system is start up but without video card to display it, so what should i do i try to edit recovery.fstab for partitions but same issue appear.

Once fix that errors maybe we can port it ;).

Reactions: SH1M4BD3

SH1M4BD3

I've no skills in what you doing so perhaps that i can help you with copying this thread a d asking some devs to help
Some may interested, and i really want something different run on my s2vep, if you want me to do some test let me know
OrdinaryNoob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi mate

this question is for developers, after making a device tree of s2vep to try making a port of ubuntu touch based on phablet-4.4.2 source, after finish compilation is generated only .img files, the question is how to make a flashable and which comman should use to make it?? s2 plus doesn't support fastboot, so i can't do anymore.

Interested, aaa hope some dev can join here and made this possible forr our devices

OrdinaryNoob

OrdinaryNoob

Update: i try to port it yesterday with phablet-10.1 the old source and here the following steps.

1-compilation work fine without any errors.
    2-got a flashable zip of 32mb (i don't know what should be).
    3-flashed with TWRP recovery.
    4-install saucy phablet zip, done without problem.
    5-boot is ok, but i got a black screen then i heard the original animation of samsung, then phone got to be hot, thats mean is system is start up but without video card to display it, so what should i do i try to edit recovery.fstab for partitions but same issue appear.

Once fix that errors maybe we can port it ;).