Carbon GT-9192 Bugs and questions.

Search This thread

Sydnelson

Jun 13, 2014
Hi everyone, I have a S4 Mini GT-9192 and use Carbon rom released on 20/07/2014 but I have few problems.

Bugs

GPS precision is disable by default. I take 3hrs to find how to enable it.

Even with GPS precision On, GPS doesn’t work right, Waze says that GPS is offline several times and most of times he can't lock position or position is outdated / wrong.

Camera Detected bug that occurs several times when I open configurations, a black screen with "camera detected" text appears on screen, this bugs stop after 2 days of use (after I install Cerberus via CWM).

Camera take a picture when started sometimes.

Camera app stop responding several times, it is annoying.

Several PT-BR missing translations. I can help with translation if needed.

Few errors on data ON/OFF button, show "service.|TIM" sometimes on Quick Access Ribbon.

Missing second SIM call / send button on Dialer and SMS apps. To make a call or send a text using secondary SIM I need to change it on configurations.

No way to set sounds for each SIM card individually, I found a setting to do that on Dialer app but doesn't work.

Notification Drawer with opened apps has a bug with big notifications. When some apps with big notification not show as first on this Drawer its window not show complete.
Example attached.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Questions

Its possible to add another mail folder to combined view on e-mail client? By default combined view only show main folder of all mail account you have but I want to add another folder to it. Also combined view don't allow me slide down to manually sync, I need to open each mail account to do that.

Can't Change icons order on App Drawer. It is possible?

How to disable notifications of some programs on lock screen? I want to prevent few apps to show notifications on lock screen like whastup, battery saver, usb connections, etc.
FOUND THE OPTION ON: CONFIGURATION - CARBON FIBERS - LOCKSCREEN - NOTIFICATIONS.

How to change cellphone name? On PC is showing Ke (GT-9192), this is the name I put when run new rom first time, now I want to change it but don't know where, I found where to change Bluetooth name but not the name that appears on Windows Explorer when connect phone to pc by usb cable.

How to exclude a folder with images / videos to appear on Gallery app? I try to put a .nomedia file inside the folder I want to hide but doesn't work, also try some apps to do that but images still on Gallery app.

How to backup Carbon and Android settings to future restore after hardware reset?

Suggestions

Add "Location Consent" checkbox to not ask again. Is very annoying this Consent appearing every time.

Default mail application insist in ask to turn on sync services, it is possible to add "a not ask again" option to it too?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-26-20-22-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-26-20-22-01.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 986
  • Screenshot_2014-07-26-20-23-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-26-20-23-02.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 976
Last edited:

gladson1976

Feb 15, 2008
Chennai
Camera app stop responding several times, it is annoying.

Try disabling the "Store Location" option.

Missing second SIM call / send button on Dialer and SMS apps. To make a call or send a text using secondary SIM I need to change it on configurations.

Select "Prompt" for Voice calls and Sending SMS in Multi SIM settings.

Notification Drawer with opened apps has a bug with big notifications. When some apps with big notification not show as first on this Drawer its window not show complete.

This is a feature when you have more than one notifications. To see the hidden notification, just press and drag the notification down. It will then show the full notification.

Can't Change icons order on App Drawer. It is possible?

Not possible in the default launcher. Use some other launcher.

How to exclude a folder with images / videos to appear on Gallery app? I try to put a .nomedia file inside the folder I want to hide but doesn't work, also try some apps to do that but images still on Gallery app.

Not possible in ANY default Gallery app. They don't consider the .nomedia file. Use QuickPic instead.

BTW, I am also using the same ROM and I don't have the bug with the camera. Maybe it could be because of some other app running in the background.

joeindioz

Jun 1, 2014
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Link2SD and SIM Voice Mail

Hello there,

I'm using the GT-9192 Carbon release 20140720-0828 and have two small annoyances:

Cannot setup Link2SD. The phone detects the SD card but the app always throws the error "Read-only file system" and cannot mount the ext4 partition. I've tries re-formatting the partition, switching to ext2, ext3...to no avail

I understand that this release is marked "apps2sd". I'd like to understand a bit better what this means: I found the options for moving the apps to SD card, but don't see where do they go. Are they being moved to the (hidden) partition on the SD card?

Cannot setup Voice Mail mailbox number. I tried this only for SIM1, and it does not work. The option to insert the number is there, but whenever I press OK after setting the number, nothing is stored (blank number).

And that's is, besides these minor annoyances (Link2SD may be a big one once I install big apps like maps, etc...) this is an absolutely fantastic piece of work! Great ROM - never thought a phone could be so lag-free! Quite impressive work the devs have done!

Sydnelson

Jun 13, 2014
Try disabling the "Store Location" option.
Doesn't make any diference.

Select "Prompt" for Voice calls and Sending SMS in Multi SIM settings.
I see that option but I don't want to choose SIM every time.

This is a feature when you have more than one notifications. To see the hidden notification, just press and drag the notification down. It will then show the full notification.
It's Possible to disable it?

Not possible in the default launcher. Use some other launcher.
OK, I will try it.

Not possible in ANY default Gallery app. They don't consider the .nomedia file. Use QuickPic instead.
OK

BTW, I am also using the same ROM and I don't have the bug with the camera. Maybe it could be because of some other app running in the background.
Camera bug start occur before install other programs. I will wait until new version release and flash again.

Thanks for replies.

Last edited:

gladson1976

Feb 15, 2008
Chennai

It's Possible to disable it?

Try using the Xposed module "All Notification Expanded". I haven't tried it, may work.

Tap tap tapatalked from my I9192

joeindioz

Jun 1, 2014
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Well, altough this ROM has great performance, I guess I'll have to go back to CM11 or another one, because I can't use link2sd. Running out of disk space and cannot move any apps to the external sd card. What puzzles me is that no one else is having this issue!

Edit: this is the message I get when I try to re-create mount scripts in Link2SD:

"Failed on /system/bin/debuggerd - read-only file system"

Last edited:

F4k

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2010
Well, altough this ROM has great performance, I guess I'll have to go back to CM11 or another one, because I can't use link2sd. Running out of disk space and cannot move any apps to the external sd card. What puzzles me is that no one else is having this issue!

Edit: this is the message I get when I try to re-create mount scripts in Link2SD:

"Failed on /system/bin/debuggerd - read-only file system"

It seem to me that is a SU issue, try install SuperSu app and see whats happens.

To use app2sd feature, you need to enable it on Settings, Apps, tap menu key and choose "Enable app moving", to move an app to ext sd, select the app that you want to move to ext sd and tap on "Move to SD card"

Remember that you'll not able to move some system or protected applications.

joeindioz

Jun 1, 2014
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
It seem to me that is a SU issue, try install SuperSu app and see whats happens.

Indeed, installing SuperSU in recovery (I used SuperSU from this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053) fixed the permissions problem and allowed me to use Link2SD with Carbon. So, bottom line: Superuser is broken, SuperSU works fine.

Thank you very much f4k! Great work on this ROM and the kernel!

Last edited:

Sydnelson

Jun 13, 2014
Well after few I finally get all functions working. Thanks for reply.

Now I have a problem with S-VOICE, I download S-VOICE S5 and install it but doesn't work. Have any trick to make it work? I don't like Goggle Now and miss S-VOICE.