Report UrukDroid bugs, errors, and questions here!

Search This thread

nine327

Aug 1, 2010
Can't boot 1.6.4 after OC enabled

It's OK while running 1.6.3 with OC enabled with max rate & vsel are 11000 & 68 respectively by updating uruk.conf/cpugovernor. However, after upgrading to 1.6.4, my A101IT reboot continuously. I have to USB connect and change the file conf to disable OC. After that, it reboots normally.

What rate & vsel is appropriate for 1.6.4?
Does Overdrive work in uruk Droid?

Best Regards

pitflyer

Feb 16, 2010
Is there a way to reset Uruk Droid back to scratch?

I like it and dont' want to reset my whole device, but want to start over on UrukDroid. I tried Factory reset in settings in Uruk Droid and it came back just as it was before.

Petesky

Jun 17, 2008
How big an improvement over stock is UrukDroid , basically is it
worth installing ,
checked on youtube but cant really find any videos of it in action ,
most are for installation

spongewardk

Apr 15, 2012
I cannot install Uruk 1.6

I cannot install Uruk 1.6 I can install the initramfs.cpio.gz and zImage, but when it reboots and the installation framework runs it will not mount :(. Am i doing something wrong, or is it a problem that needs to be fixed.

I have windows 7 and my archos is a70s2 (froyo).

kumoto

Jan 17, 2007
How to connect??

it is possible (with UrukDroid of course)to share internet connection via wifi between htc hd2 wm6.5 and archos 70???

how to enable ad-hoc support ???

Last edited:

cphilip

Dec 17, 2007
KL
Thank you $aur0n,
I installed urukdroid 1.6 and it was great.

What got me interested in installing Urukdroid was because I heard that LUKS manager encryption works with Urukdroid firmwares.

Since in my Windows pc and Ubuntu Linux pc, I am using FreeOFTE software for encryption, I wanted to be able to copy encrypted volumes across different computers.

I installed Urukdroid 1.6 = LUKS manager didn't work.
I updated it to Urukdroid 1.6.2 = LUKS manager worked perfectly.
I then tried Urukdroid 1.6.3 hoping for less battery drain = LUKs manager didn't work.
I went up to 1.6.4 = LUKS manager didn't work.
Finally, I copied update 1.6.2 to Urukdroid update folder and let it install over 1.6.4,
= LUKS manager WORKED again!

So, for the moment, I guess I will have to stay with Urukdroid 1.6.2 if I want to use LUKS manager.

In any case, the Urukdroid experience was definitely better than the official Archos G8 firmware!

Since i am using FreeOFTE

GPHENOM

Feb 20, 2011
Bootloop

Hey Guys :)
I have tried to install 1.6.4 o few minutes ago from 1.6.1.
The installation worked perfekt, but now i`m caught in a bootloop.
What can I do against it?

kumoto

Jan 17, 2007
I installed 1.6 and update 1.6.4
gorgeous:D

but it doesn t seem to support usb connection.
why did that happened?
in the urukconfig v1.1.2 ntfs is enabled but dont read the usb drive
and when i enable ntfs it prompts: ERROR running command module nls_utf8 is not found.
what should i do?

edit
and something else
When I try to install app from a market she tells me
not be installed in space usb or sd card :(
i have installed only 3 apps :(

Last edited:

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
I'm a newbie in Urukdroid, but I'm very satisfied, it's very stable and fast and I didn't had any problem so far. I just have a couple of questions: Which is the latest version? I've installed 1.6 from the site and then updated to 1.6.1, but someone above mentioned 1.6.4. Where can I get the newest versions? And is it possible to downgrade firmware and if yes how?
Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk 2

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
I'm a newbie in Urukdroid, but I'm very satisfied, it's very stable and fast and I didn't had any problem so far. I just have a couple of questions: Which is the latest version? I've installed 1.6 from the site and then updated to 1.6.1, but someone above mentioned 1.6.4. Where can I get the newest versions? And is it possible to downgrade firmware and if yes how?

Somebody??

GPHENOM

Feb 20, 2011
Hey Guys :)
I have tried to install 1.6.4 o few minutes ago from 1.6.1.
The installation worked perfekt, but now i`m caught in a bootloop.
What can I do against it?

Fixed it by myself. I had to deactivate Overclocking in the repair menu.
After that it booted normal.
It seems to me, that overclocking is not featured in this version?

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
For the Archos FW you have to start from scratch, so it will be the downloading of the FW you want, then ( with SDE installed ) format the device and install the AOS file.

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
For the Archos FW you have to start from scratch, so it will be the downloading of the FW you want, then ( with SDE installed ) format the device and install the AOS file.

So, if I got it right, there is no way to downgrade firmware without formatting the device? And if I format, install the firmware I want and then install Uruk, which firmware will be used? Isn't Uruk coming with the newest firmware preinstalled?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
If you don't format the device the Recovery does not allow to downgrade.

And no, Uruk is installed completely independent.
You can install 2.1.8 Firmware and Uruk 1.6.4 that comes with 2.4.83.

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
If you don't format the device the Recovery does not allow to downgrade.

And no, Uruk is installed completely independent.
You can install 2.1.8 Firmware and Uruk 1.6.4 that comes with 2.4.83.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but my question was, if it's possible to downgrade Uruk's firmware to which ever firmware we want, but judging from the answer, I think it's not. I'm not interested to install another OS!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since UrukDroid has become so popular, the main thread has become full of people asking questions, reporting issues, etc.

This thread is for people who have things they need help with. Post here if you have a question about UrukDroid, or PM me if you have any bugs to report. I will put general bugs and how-tos for common questions in this post.

Fire away, and you will be helped to the best of anybodies abilities!

Make sure that in your post, include what hardware, OS, and kernel (if other than stock UrukDroid) you are using.
    Examples: A70H, UrukDroid 0.4.2
    A101, UrukDroid 0.3.1, ardatdat OC kernel

FAQ
    These are questions that have been asked often, so be sure to read through this before you make your post to see if you're issue has been solved.

How do I install the Google Market (UrukDroid 0.6)?
    1. Download the "UrukDroid-GoogleMarket_1.0.tbz2" file from the UrukDroid original post, and put it on your tablets internal storage.
    2. Download Terminal Emulator from the AppsLib market.
    3. Start it, and type the following:
    Code:
    su (accept the permission prompt)
    cp mnt/sdcard/UrukDroid-GoogleMarket_1.0.tbz2 data/UrukUpdate
    4. Reboot, and when your tablet is back up, you should see the market!

How do I check my SD card performance?
    Go to directory where you can write and were is more then 100MiB of free space and do the line. It will sync devices (flush all write caches), write 100MiB file filled with zeros, and fush caches once again to measure real write speed without buffers. Then easy math... and my laptop disk has write speed 16,66MiB/s
    Share your results here!

My screen has become unresponsive after awakening it from sleep, how do I prevent this?
    If you force a screen recalibration through the recovery menu, it seems to stop the issue from occuring again. via fisha21

What applications need to be removed to install the UrukDroid Market update (0.4.2)?
    Code:
    system/lib/libzxing.so
    system/lib/libinterstitial.so
    system/lib/libspeech.so
    system/lib/libvoicesearch.so
    system/lib/libimageutils.so
    system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar
    system/app/Talk.apk
    system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    system/app/GenieWidget.apk
    system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    system/app/NetworkLocation.apk
    system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
    system/app/MarketUpdater.apk
    system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    system/app/Vending.apk
    system/app/MediaUploader.apk
    system/app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk

via [url=http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10835043&postcount=7]$aur0n[/url]
    is there a way to boot uruk directly, without pressing vol- and +?

Some people remove stock Android OS from boot menu level. This makes Archos always boot to SDE - witch will be in that case UrukDroid. Haven't tested it.

Edit: Since 0.5 - UrukDroid will be restarting into itself - so it will be kind of default system on tablet (to choose stock OS it will require to boot through boot menu).
    @davemon

I had installed @aur0n's UrukDroid 1.0 on my ARCHOS 101 by this step.

1. Re flash Archos's official Firmware again.
    2. Flash initramfs.cpio.gz and zImage from SDE boot menu
    2. Installation UrukDroid 1.0 framework (Advanced method on internal storage,
    Format and create new partitions)
    3. Install UrukDroid-GoogleMarket_1.0.tbz2 package --> upload to /data/UrukUpdate/)
    4. Install UrukConfig.apk

I'm very happy with Permanent Root, 1GB apps storage.
    Exactly what google apps need to be removed?
    I guess you are asking about what application has to be removed to apply UrukMarket update? All that come with this update (and are somehow required for Market to work):
    Code:
    system/lib/libzxing.so
    system/lib/libinterstitial.so
    system/lib/libspeech.so
    system/lib/libvoicesearch.so
    system/lib/libimageutils.so
    system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar
    system/app/Talk.apk
    system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
    system/app/GenieWidget.apk
    system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    system/app/NetworkLocation.apk
    system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
    system/app/MarketUpdater.apk
    system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    system/app/Vending.apk
    system/app/MediaUploader.apk
    system/app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk

@hurrpancakes: please write on top, that every question should have information what hardware, OS version and kernel info (if modified)
    eg:
    A70H, UrukDroid 0.4.2
    A70S, UrukDroid 0.4.2, OC kernel
    No, Class 10 only means that you can have a constant writerate of 10MB ( for video for ex.).
    There is no guarantee that this is also a fast random access.
    Besides that the controller used for sd is slower then the one for internal ssd.

But again, why do you think you need that?
    If you didn't criple the system with to many running programs or did something wrong with swap and compcache, the UD system should be as fast as possible with that processor and memory.