New OTA ROM - T999UVDLJC

Search This thread

josediaz1

Oct 13, 2011
Dallas
system 'modified'

Not necessary. The only reason why you need to be on stock rom is because samsung checks the status of your phone for warranty purposes. You don't, however, need to be on stock if you hack this "security check" by using Triangle Away which makes the devce status to "normal" even if your device is rooted and what not. How else would have I recieved the OTA update if my device is rooted and flashed with cwmod recovery..

josediaz1

Oct 13, 2011
Dallas
Null

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

You don't need to be unrooted to update. The only reason why you need to be on stock rom is because samsung checks the status of your phone for warranty purposes. You don't, however, need to be on stock if you hack this (thanks to Triangle Away). Just make sure your dwvice tricks samsung device stutus to "normal". I didn't even lose my root or cwmod recovery... my problen now is that the update brought a "security improvement". Now triangle away doesn't seem to be working of this update.

Last edited:

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Thanks for the helpful post. It doesn't look like this update will be too much of a game changer for most of us though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

tamasrepus

Feb 2, 2009
samat.org
Not necessary. The only reason why you need to be on stock rom is because samsung checks the status of your phone for warranty purposes. You don't, however, need to be on stock if you hack this "security check" by using Triangle Away which makes the devce status to "normal" even if your device is rooted and what not. How else would have I recieved the OTA update if my device is rooted and flashed with cwmod recovery..

To be a bit more explicit… install TriangleAway, enable the "Allow tracker to run" option, reboot, and try to download the update again. It won't claim the device has been modified.

metalfingers_

Apr 22, 2011
The rumor that I have heard is that this update re-enables IPv6 functionality in the baseband/RIL. I'm unsure of what other changes it may include.

Of course, I'm still unable to post links because of the anti-spam policy. Google "T999UVDLJC IPv6", first result.

rhay

Nov 22, 2010
Detroit
Over the air (OTA) update to T999UVDLJC: OTA push update is available as of 1/31/2013. Please wait for the notification to update. The OTA will continue to be delivered until Marth 8. The update is also available for manual update using Kies.

Does this mean they will update the S3 to 4.1.2 on March? This is ridiculous.

slowjazz

Apr 6, 2010
The rumor that I have heard is that this update re-enables IPv6 functionality in the baseband/RIL. I'm unsure of what other changes it may include.

Of course, I'm still unable to post links because of the anti-spam policy. Google "T999UVDLJC IPv6", first result.

Not sure about ip6, but I do know that LTE is now gone from the network settings. I also know there were alot of problem with the phone loosing cell towers when it sleeps. I'm wondering if dropping LTE fixes that problem.

radar9

Jan 27, 2008
Honolulu
To GalaxyS3Guy:

What ROM are you running? I have been using Wicked JB v6 and am happy with it but 4.2.1 sounds like it could be fun.

Last edited:

Pig Vomit

Aug 20, 2008
Orange County, California
I agree with the comments regarding better reception and speed. Was in my doctor's office this morning, where I NEVER get 4G.....and 4G was solid.

Signal strength and data speed at my gym has also been spotty in the past....today was good.

Certain areas of my house have traditionally been a 4G dead zone....today good.

Anyone else notice anything good or bad regarding reception and speed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *EDIT* REMOVED FROM DROPOX AND CHANGED LINK TO A MIRROR PROVIDED BY Towle. Thanks
    Recovery flashable. Modem only
    UVDLJC Modem (latest)
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Woke up in middle of the night, saw this waiting for me. Had synced via Kies about 6 hours earlier and it wasn't there. Haven't noticed any differences in very brief use, and I am going back to sleep. Sammobile has it up now as well.

EDIT:

T-Mobile now has a post up about the update here: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4446

Understanding the Update
    Beginning January 31, the Samsung Galaxy S III will have an optional software update to Android version 4.1.1/ Baseband version T999UVDLJC via Over The Air (OTA) and Samsung Kies. This update provides security enhancements and improved user experience.

You can update in two ways:
    Over the air (OTA) update to T999UVDLJC: OTA push update is available as of 1/31/2013. Please wait for the notification to update. The OTA will continue to be delivered until Marth 8. The update is also available for manual update using Kies.
    Manual download to T999UVDLJC: If you did not want to update via OTA, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to confirm the version.

Current Baseband Version Update Status
    T999UVDLJC
    This software version is current. Your device software is up to date.
    T999UVDLJA
    The update is still being sent to customers via OTA. You must wait to receive the OTA.
    You can manually update to Android version 4.1.1/ Baseband version T999UVDLJC. See above for steps to manually update via Kies.
    T999UVLH2
    T999UVLG1
    T999UVLEM
    You can manually update to Android version 4.1.1/ Baseband version T999UVLJA. See above for steps to manually update via Kies.
    Other versions
    T-Mobile and Samsung will not send you a software update.

Devices with non-T-Mobile software versions are out of warranty and do not receive updates.

Software version
    See also: Check the Software version.
    Android version 4.1.1/Baseband version T999UVDLJC - Current version
    Version:
    Android version 4.1.1/Software version T999UVDLJC
    Approved 1/28/2013
    OTA and Samsung Kies update available 1/31/2013
    Improvements:
    Security enhancements
    Improved user experience
    Prerequisites
    T999UVDLJA
    Device software is not rooted
    50% battery life
    Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
    Data connection
    File size of update is 4 MB
    Android version 4.1.1/Baseband version T999UVDLJA - Approved 11/14/2012
    Android version 4.0.4/Baseband version T999UVLJ4 - Approved 10/17/2012
    Android version 4.0.4/Baseband version T999UVLH2 - Approved 8/16/2012
    Android version 4.0.4/Baseband version T999UVLG1/T999UVLEM - Original software 6/21/2012
    Im such a flash a holic that im running stable on frosty but im getting the urge of flashing the new stock build jajaja xD

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Link to OTA file: http://d-h.st/fXQ
    Recieved the update today as well. Thinkng it was 4.1.2 so I went ahead and updated it. Well unfortunately the update seems to be a "security improvement" for rootes and flashed devices. (Maybe to prevent th from getting 4.1.2, not sure).. Here's the problem I went to check for update and that annoying pop up that my device is modified came up.. so I opened up Triangle Away and reset the flash count to zero and click on"system modified workaround", rebooted amd nothing. Device status still shows as modified. I was always able to get it to say to normal using triangle away. This new update prevents it. Any help? Thanks

You have to be 100% stock (ROM, kernel, and recovery) in order to flash ota updates

I too saw this and thought yayy! Multiwindows finally. But then update said "*****, please I'm just a modem"