2000mah Battery Options for AT&T Galaxy SII

Search This thread

joeybear23

Aug 4, 2010
Undisclosed
stores.ebay.com
I just got the 2000 mAh International version today, and after giving up on trying to trim the back just right I just put the original backing on it (didn't have to force it)... looks fine and my case fits over it as well.

Plus I run Task's AOKP ROM, so charging is not an issue either.

Great thread guys, thanks for the info.

Reactions: Dimatchka

nappent

I think there is more effort in making other components on the phone more efficient such as the screen, modem, processor, and the OS in general, then there is for the battery.

Not to mention paint-able solar panels are something we will likely see on some specialty phones in the semi-near future to allow your phone to charge while in the sun or direct light. Wireless charging pads may be included as a stock feature. Most likely that will be the next big thing.

Improved battery tech would be an easier fix but if you look up the history of battery tech, there really hasn't been any significant improvements for the last 20 years. Pretty sad, isn't it?

Dimatchka

Dec 18, 2011
Brooklyn
I think there is more effort in making other components on the phone more efficient such as the screen, modem, processor, and the OS in general, then there is for the battery.

Not to mention paint-able solar panels are something we will likely see on some specialty phones in the semi-near future to allow your phone to charge while in the sun or direct light. Wireless charging pads may be included as a stock feature. Most likely that will be the next big thing.

Improved battery tech would be an easier fix but if you look up the history of battery tech, there really hasn't been any significant improvements for the last 20 years. Pretty sad, isn't it?

There is only so much you can do to a galvanic cell only so many elements you can use that will yield a consumer friendly battery.... The battery of the future are capacitors with crazy dielectrics I can guarantee you 100%:D
But it will be years before something like this hits phones. I know they are currently building a cruise ship powered entirely by capacitors.
Also check out how rail guns work pretty cool stuff. Physics rocks! :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I777

Last edited:

yurkinator

Sep 3, 2008
Nope

I just got the international battery. It didnt fit. I tried shaving some the bottom nubs and various other places. Just doesnt fit. Would not recommend anyone even bother. Seems a crap shoot as to whether you can get one to work.

I ordered this anker 1900mah set from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1900mAh-Batteries-Samsung-GT-I9100/dp/B0058SJ5Q4/

Two batteries and a charger for $20 that will fit with original cover.

Last edited:

joeybear23

Aug 4, 2010
Undisclosed
stores.ebay.com
I just got the international battery. It didnt fit. I tried shaving some the bottom nubs and various other places. Just doesnt fit. Would not recommend anyone even bother. Seems a crap shoot as to whether you can get one to work.

I ordered this anker 1900mah set from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1900mAh-Batteries-Samsung-GT-I9100/dp/B0058SJ5Q4/

Two batteries and a charger for $20 that will fit with original cover.

Do you have the i777 or the i727, or are you saying the cover won't fit (not the battery)?

Warning - posted with Swype

Evewon

Jan 21, 2012
I have the i777. The cover does not fit.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium App

I was under the impression that off brand batteries were a NO NO, and only to use Samsung batteries. Isn't the Samsung battery a "smart battery"? Do these work the same as stock, any danger is exploding? If they are good, gonna have to get them too!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

yurkinator

Sep 3, 2008
I was under the impression that off brand batteries were a NO NO, and only to use Samsung batteries. Isn't the Samsung battery a "smart battery"? Do these work the same as stock, any danger is exploding? If they are good, gonna have to get them too!

Anker is a good brand from what the reviews say. The battery does not have NFC so it will not charge with a Samsung based ROM.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: dzaster89

ARPwizard

Oct 22, 2012
I'm also curious to know how the official 2000mah battery works with the i777...By the way amazon has them cheaper than that eBay listing was.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

polobreaka

Sep 29, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
i sold my i777. if anyone is interested, i have 2 oem (1 nfc and 1 without) 2000mah battery and the 2000mah oem battery cover that i didnt need to modify to fit. i tried it on 2 phones and snaps right in perfectly fine. PM me.

ZARuslan

Feb 12, 2013
Poing
I think i777 will work with 2000mah battery from i9100 on non stock firmware ( cyanogen mod for example). Is that right?

muchanagel

Aug 1, 2010
I'm running slimbean 4.2.2 with my extended battery and it's running fine. Bought it off Amazon.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
The Korean ebay seller doesn't seem to have anymore batteries. My girl purchased one from Amazon, and it is stuck in boot loop. Does anyone know where to get the one that will work?
Thanx.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's better than how my 2 year old stock had become, but it isn't as good as stock was in the beginning. We discussed this over the last page and a half; take a look there for more info if you need it.

Sent from the i777
    No the actual battery not the battery cover. That's what I'm looking for.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Images can be found on the i9100 thread... a lot of pictures there . Just for you I took a few snap shots
    44a152f4-bccb-c984.jpg

44a152f4-bce6-03de.jpg

44a152f4-bcfb-f150.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

video:

you can see my tabs are not modified and they click into place
    http://youtu.be/0mlULvK1PrY

Korean (left); international (right):
    IMG_0148.jpg

korean (left) EB-K1A2EBSG ; international (right) EB-K1A2EBEGSTD :

IMG_0150-copy.jpg

korean ver side tabs dont match:
    Korean ver on top; stock on bottom
    IMG_0155-k-copy.jpg

IMG_0156-k.jpg

international side tabs match
    Note: non of my tabs are modified:

international ver on top; stock on bottom
    IMG_0159-i.jpg

IMG_0160-i.jpg
    That looks so nice. So to clarify, you are rocking the Korean NFC battery and the elusive perfect fit international cover, right? Where did you get your international kit seems to be the million dollar (or $40 dollar) question!

yup! international cover with no modification needed and korean battery with no boot loop.

im also using the international battery as a spare. i just charge it with the samsung cradle.

here are the 2 places ive ordered my kits:

international:
    http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/genuine-...r-galaxy-s2-2000mah-eb-k1a2ebegstd-p31732.htm

korean:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/260899780576?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649