Unable to connect USB mass storage on Slimbean 4.2.2build 6....

Search This thread
Jun 3, 2013
Hello geniuses,
Can You tell Me how to make the usb mass storage in slim rom working with windows7 x64/32..?
I have all the drivers installed along with the hTC's blotware HTC Sync Manager..
Every time I connect My HOX to pc, the "turn on USB storage" screen pops and as soon as I press that button it just gives Me the loading circle running forever..
# I tried connecting with usb debugging either on and off..
# I tried switching to windows 8 pc, but the same thing happened..
# the ums was working with stock ics..
# ums was even working with Slim 4.2.2build 4.7..

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Jun 3, 2013
My apologies for not replying for such a long time..

Yes I tried disabling the usb debugging and ums is already checked in storage..

I have no idea about the kernel if it supports the ums or not.. The current kernel version is 3.1.10n3okernel_v33-gf404256

A380

May 9, 2010
Hello geniuses,
Can You tell Me how to make the usb mass storage in slim rom working with windows7 x64/32..?
I have all the drivers installed along with the hTC's blotware HTC Sync Manager..
Every time I connect My HOX to pc, the "turn on USB storage" screen pops and as soon as I press that button it just gives Me the loading circle running forever..
# I tried connecting with usb debugging either on and off..
# I tried switching to windows 8 pc, but the same thing happened..
# the ums was working with stock ics..
# ums was even working with Slim 4.2.2build 4.7..

Same problem still persists in build 8.

Edit: After a few tries and after a reboot I managed to get it working.

Last edited:

SysGhost

Jul 8, 2010
Stockholm
OnePlus 6
Having this problem now with SlimKat 4.4 RC3 2.8 for samsung Galaxy S i9000 (trying to upgrade to official 3.0)
It refuses to detect that its connected to a computer. Have to reboot several times to get it working, and once it works, it only works for a short while. Then all of a sudden, connection dies.

I suspect it's the low memory condition that causes this. Slimrom has an extremely aggresive memory management, and some important services, such as bluetooth, usb connection, wifi etc...etc... is killed due to low meomory condition.