HTC One X AT&T Stuck in Boot Loop After Flash

Search This thread

justein

Sep 4, 2013
Hi, my AT&T HTC One X is running CM10.2 with S-ON. However, on boot, sometimes the device puts itself into a boot loop. You then need to reflash the boot.img from the computer to the phone. Is there any way I can stop this? Thanks.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nope, not with your current setup. If you're s-on you need to flash the boot.img with fastboot every time you flash a ROM. Don't even bother trying to boot into a ROM after flashing it without first flashing the boot.img via fastboot. If it has booted sometimes without flashing the boot.img, it's because the boot.img that was left over from the previous ROM is somewhat compatible with the new ROM you flashed, this is not optimal of course. If you don't want to have to flash the boot.img anymore, get s-off. Having s-off removes the restriction that causes the boot.img to not be flashed in TWRP when flashing the ROM.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: laofan

justein

Sep 4, 2013
Nope, not with your current setup. If you're s-on you need to flash the boot.img with fastboot every time you flash a ROM. Don't even bother trying to boot into a ROM after flashing it without first flashing the boot.img via fastboot. If it has booted sometimes without flashing the boot.img, it's because the boot.img that was left over from the previous ROM is somewhat compatible with the new ROM you flashed, this is not optimal of course. If you don't want to have to flash the boot.img anymore, get s-off. Having s-off removes the restriction that causes the boot.img to not be flashed in TWRP when flashing the ROM.

Sent from my Evita

You misunderstood me. I did flash boot.img and I'm still having boot loops.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Really? It's in the development section. If you don't even know where the thread is I think I can pretty safely assume you haven't read it. If you're having problems with a ROM please read the ROM thread before cluttering up the forum with an unnecessary new thread. To be honest, recovering from a bootloop is about as simple as it gets, you should know how to do that before beginning to flash ROMs.

Sent from my Evita

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Evita