how do you install .net compact framework 3.5 on you HTC?

Search This thread

jimmyhawkin

Jul 17, 2008
Do a search. on either google or on this forum before asking plz.

This question has been answerd before.

But sins there was no thread that was acualy called like your question ill post the answer and maby next time when someone search they will defenetly find the answer :)

Go to the link below and download the program and install it on your computer.
When its done it will install it on your phone aswell. (so keep it connectded to the computer while you install it)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

desmondliew

Mar 6, 2007
Go here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...49-3C6B-42F1-9FD9-0041345B3385&displaylang=en

If you read the instructions, it will tell u.

This package uses ActiveSync 4.0 to update the device. Before running NETCFSetupv35.msi, connect your device to your PC. If your device is not connected, ActiveSync will store the CAB file and will not install the package until you connect. If you are not using ActiveSync, run the CAB files on the device that correspond to the device–specific CAB files found in the install folder.

Kridek

Jul 2, 2008
For now, it's not possible to download directly the cab file from MS site

schmeichler

Jun 26, 2006
google for the following files:
- NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab
- netcfcfg.cab (saves yourself from editing registry)

You will identify trust-worthy locations easy ;)

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
Easier than you can imagine.
Search MODACO forum ( www.modaco.com ) NETCFCFG.cab and NETCFv35.vm.armv4i.cab
Install both and you will have a simple application in program menu to choose between net 2.0 and 3.5. DONE :)
You can also choose to use 2.0 for some applications and 3.5 for other :)

WiZARD7

Oct 25, 2007
pls help, I can't install it :(
it writes: "installation error. stop all applications and processes, maximize available storage space, and run installation again. Support info: 3"

I cant even uninstall it, and I get this msg always :(

KouzelniCZech

Apr 25, 2007
"installation error. stop all applications and processes, maximize available storage space, and run installation again. Support info: 3"

Solution: I kill Kaiser Notification and then I can install .NET Framework without this problem. This app. using .NET Framework.
So I think the solution is in closing/killing all running applications.

djskaw

Dec 7, 2007
i have the same installation error as the last two posters. i tried killing every program i can and i still get the error

Last edited:

cctay

Jul 9, 2004
After 2 days searching high & low through internet all discussion session, still can not find a solution. Therefore I made a self tracing and tried all kinds of method, at last I found a solution without doing a hard reset !!
:) rename mscoree.dll under windows\ to mscoree.dll.txt
re-install netcf v3.5
no more any error code comes up
thats it !!
:)

hzp

Nov 15, 2008
I am running a tytn II, with the same problem. Install, i get the error. I can't uninstall, atleast not when I try through the 3.5 installer (remove or repair) or the "remove programs" on the kaiser.

I have hard reset the phone 2x,and regardless of whether I am installing from the exe or the cab file on the phone, still get the same error as everyone else.

This past time, i tried changing the name of the mscoree.dll under windows\ to mscoree.dll.txt and mscoree35.dll to mscoree35.dll.txt

same problem. I'm really beyond annoyed. Can someone help?

dctech7

Apr 29, 2008
have a sprint diamond, how do i check which version i have and if its the newest?

it seems like all the programs i try and install say it requires a newer version than the one installed on the device but its only a month old so im not sure.. any help would be great..

thanks!!

GridUser

Sep 23, 2008
I have the same question. I've searched all over and can't find an explanation of what .Net 3.5 is or how to find out if I have it already. I have a Sprint (CDMA) HTC Touch Diamond. Thanks.

Stay0Puft

Dec 20, 2007
Antwerp
I had the same problem on my HTC Kaiser, but I found a solution.
I found a program that acts like safe mode on a computer.
So if you install that program and restart in safe mode (you need to select safe mode when you boot), you will be able to install the compact framework 3.5.
Probable some locked files prevent the normal installation.

The program is an evaluation version, limited to 14 days, but since you only need it for the framework, you don't need to keep if you don't want to.

The app: SafeMode 3

BastiFantasti

Feb 1, 2009
...still not working on my touch diamond.
i've renamed the dll and tried the safe mode app. But I still get the same error.
btw: i have this problem since i installed a cooked rom.

meltwater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2009
Thanks. Was also having the install issue (I had previously installed and then removed 3.5 but good old ms clearly didn't remove correctly).
Renaming mscoree.dll worked (I tried mscoree2.5.dll before but that didn't work as it was in use so I couldn't rename that).

Glad it worked, was facing dropping back to previous backups or installing a task manager to kill processes (a good task manager program will show all your processes), just to reinstall 3.5.

larsjeee

Mar 1, 2008
Susteren/Echt
another thing that goes wrong with the 6.5 wm and tf3d installed:

when you go to the movies, and you put your phone into vibrate, with the left volume keys, the phone goes into vibrate fine,

but when you set it back to full volume, the next time someone calls, it only vibrates, you have to go to: Settings, Sound and change the ringtone manualy to make it ring again...

Sorry, Wrong Forum...

Last edited: