Motorola Defy Green Lens

Search This thread

Smarmylamb

Sep 30, 2013
Birmingham
My Defy is now 4 years old and I love this phone because it's easy to unbrick and this was my first touch screen phone and I know my Defy well but now I'm having a problem where now my Defy is not as fast as it used to be. I have flashed too many roms to count, flashed a sbf maybe 4 or 5 times when bricked, and used the MacGyver Hack twice and after a while I was fine and now I settled for Epsylon Cm9 but through all that my Defy is still slow, (slower than it used to be) at first I thought is was Mokee os being it was Jelly Bean 4.3.1 but it wasn't. My Defy now gets hot when using mobile data, wifi reception is now lower no matter what android version, I also have one of the first made models with green lens and bad ear speaker, and the battery drops from 100 - 94 to 78 - 69 to 50 - 49 to 20 - 19 to 14 to 5 to 4 and dies suddenly in about maybe an hour to thirty minutes depending on what I'm doing. If anyone can give me solutions to my problems, that would be greatly appreciated even though I don't think many can help because I am good with a Defy even though I can't fix my problems with it. I'm also not a developer. Thanks in advance.:cool:

Last edited:

thrackanomir

Mar 14, 2014
Warszawa
I am no developer neither, even a pure noob on XDA, but what you described may be connected to aging battery. If it is original one and was heavily used - it may be just chemically dying. Take it out and inspect if it is swollen. Mine original one is a bit, and it shows some loss of capacity and percentage drops as well. New one made by "Andida", standard dimensions, although labeled as 2200mAh, works well - almost as original 1500mAh one when it was new. It gave Defy back more stable percentage counter (although temp. sensor is not working properly), and better charge holding (original old one, seems to me to discharge itself quickly even when taken out of the phone and treated as a spare).

Last edited:

Smarmylamb

Sep 30, 2013
Birmingham
I am no developer neither, even a pure noob on XDA, but what you described may be connected to aging battery. If it is original one and was heavily used - it may be just chemically dying. Take it out and inspect if it is swollen. Mine original one is a bit, and it shows some loss of capacity and percentage drops as well. New one made by "Andida", standard dimensions, although labeled as 2200mAh, works well - almost as original 1500mAh one when it was new. It gave Defy back more stable percentage counter (although temp. sensor is not working properly), and better charge holding (original old one, seems to me to discharge itself quickly even when taken out of the phone and treated as a spare).

It is the original battery and it is kinda swollen. Thank you for the suggestion.