Xperia M 4.3 roll out any chance for L?

Search This thread

coolhz

Nov 3, 2013
Come on brothers !!!! If Xperia M has got Android 4.3 it means our device will get 4.3 or higher(most likely) .

And remember Sony has us in AOSP project so KitKat sources are already ready , just wait till all Sony devices start getting 4.4 ,in that very timeline we will get ours, bcoz it doesn't make sense updating a mid-range device before flagships. (ZL, ZR,Zetc).

But also I don't think that you know , XM was updated before us so , even we may get ours before flagships :D

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Reactions: frothe3

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Xperia M 4.3 update roll out,is their chance for L

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Come on brothers !!!! If Xperia M has got Android 4.3 it means our device will get 4.3 or higher(most likely) .

And remember Sony has us in AOSP project so KitKat sources are already ready , just wait till all Sony devices start getting 4.4 ,in that very timeline we will get ours, bcoz it doesn't make sense updating a mid-range device before flagships. (ZL, ZR,Zetc).

But also I don't think that you know , XM was updated before us so , even we may get ours before flagships :D

Fu*k KitKat ! What we need is BUGFREE Android. Which version is only important to kids out there that believe that "everything with higher version number must be better". Grown ups don't care about that, grown ups want a phone that works properly.

Firstly, the good news is there is an update coming for Xperia L which seems to be a bug fixing update. 15.3.a.1.1.6

It hopefully will be last try from the Sony to clear bugs from the current stock ROM.

Xperia M was announced in May2013 compared to March 2013 for Xperia L.
Usually a mid-range device receives updates for a year from Sony so it seems unlikely we might be pushed to 4.4.

If Xperia L KitKat was coming, they wouldn't release buggy premature source for Kitkat. The source code is always released after the ROM has been completed and is sent out to devices !

Doing that, they not only kept many people quite to show how friendly Sony is to developers but in the mean time, it bought them time so they can come up with an excuse later that 'a year of spupport' has been given!

I am sorry to disappoint you and I hope I am wrong, but a KitKat update seems very unlikely especially with their new devices being released so naturally they would be looking to discontinue support for many others!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joel16

coolhz

Nov 3, 2013
Firstly, the good news is there is an update coming for Xperia L which seems to be a bug fixing update. 15.3.a.1.1.6

It hopefully will be last try from the Sony to clear bugs from the current stock ROM.

Usually a mid-range device receives updates for a year from Sony so it seems unlikely we might be pushed to 4.4.

If Xperia L KitKat was coming, they wouldn't release buggy premature source for Kitkat. The source code is always released after the ROM has been completed and is sent out to devices !

Doing that, they not only kept many people quite to show how friendly Sony is to developers but in the mean time, it bought them time so they can come up with an excuse later that 'a year of spupport' has been given!

I am sorry to disappoint you and I hope I am wrong, but a KitKat update seems very unlikely especially with their new devices being released so naturally they would be looking to discontinue support for many others!

I agree to some of your points :D

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Fu*k KitKat ! What we need is BUGFREE Android. Which version is only important to kids out there that believe that "everything with higher version number must be better". Grown ups don't care about that, grown ups want a phone that works properly.

KitKat is much better , and we r no kids with that mentality, and bro no one downgrades quality in an incremental update get ur brain right :p and if u know KitKat has new drivers so most problems get solved!!!

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Talking about all this is waste of time!!! And be content as there is no big change from 4.2.2 so Sony doesn't probably want to waste development time for Android 4.3 , remember 4.2.2 UI was first seen on Xperia L , before SP , M ,V,T etc.

So we can even think a higher version is already in development :D

Reactions: a.moiz0322

saurabh007

Jun 30, 2013
Navi Mumbai
Xperia L will get Android 4.4 Kitkat update directly..
In May 2014, Xperia Z series will get 4.4 update, after that Xperia SP and after that Xperia L..

Reactions: coolhz

Joel16

Sep 3, 2013
Lol I don't think so. I doubt it'll be 4.3, just maybe 4.4 but I really can't say. Like Hnk1 said, it's '1 year period' is over. It would be surprising if there's another major update, but i wouldn't expect it. All I can ask for is that the '1.16' update clears out all the bugs for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hnk1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think we will probably get KITKAT!!! There are more chances of kitkat than 4.3 as AOSP sources of KIKAT have been alredy released by sony....:cowboy:

I agree to some of your points :D

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

KitKat is much better , and we r no kids with that mentality, and bro no one downgrades quality in an incremental update get ur brain right :p and if u know KitKat has new drivers so most problems get solved!!!

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Talking about all this is waste of time!!! And be content as there is no big change from 4.2.2 so Sony doesn't probably want to waste development time for Android 4.3 , remember 4.2.2 UI was first seen on Xperia L , before SP , M ,V,T etc.

So we can even think a higher version is already in development :D

Xperia L will get Android 4.4 Kitkat update directly..
    In May 2014, Xperia Z series will get 4.4 update, after that Xperia SP and after that Xperia L..