T-Mobile Nexus 5 won't work on Sprint

Search This thread

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
I dont really care about mine, the fine
Google play version. I'm sticking to TMO no matter what.

But the one I sold, the TMO version, I need to get it to work. :( did the factory reset and still nothing.

But don't the TMO devices come from Google. I'm pretty sure they get added too once they're made sitting in Google's warehouse and then TMO orders them and ships it to the stores.

Sent from my Ñ£×Ú$ 5

then sprint needs to add the IMEI to their system to allow it on their network. Thats the only way it will work.

i think maybe tier 2 or 3 techs can do that, but dont quote me on that.

Dragn4rce

Jun 29, 2012
Anaheim
It's working guys. Just out of the blues.

TMO NX5's IMEI's do get added because they came from Google's warehouse like I predicted. I dunno if the factory reset changed anything tho. I guess it takes a few hours after a reset to activate.

Sent from my Ñ£×Ú$ 5

Reactions: Zepius

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the device was purchased from Google Play or from Sprint, it should work fine on the 3 major carriers in the US (just not Verizon).
    But if the device was purchased from T-Mo, there is a possibility that it won't work on Sprint.

This has nothing to do with the device not being carrier unlocked or anything like that. It is simply because Sprint may not have that IMEI in their databases, and Sprint will not permit such a device (for which they don't have the IMEI in their databases) on their network.

I see that op indicated that the device was from Google Play. Can you ask Sprint why it is not working? (ask to check if device is blacklisted, or if IMEI is missing, or something else)
    It's working guys. Just out of the blues.

TMO NX5's IMEI's do get added because they came from Google's warehouse like I predicted. I dunno if the factory reset changed anything tho. I guess it takes a few hours after a reset to activate.

Sent from my Ñ£×Ú$ 5