[ROM]Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 New Customized ROM Release

Search This thread

huzheyi

Jan 19, 2010
First, I wanna say we are so pleased that we have such a place in XDA, and hoping more and more friends coming into us.
This is a ROM customized by me several days ago which has already been released in MODACO and I3X(a forum in Chinese). This is an English only version, if you require more in Chinese please search I3X and there is a newer 1.1 version there. And I wanna say it worth trying. Enjoy it!

Release Date

Version
B7610NXXIL2_huzheyi_V1.0_En
This is an English version based on the official multi-language version NXXIL2
(So thanks to Secany here, and I'm looking forward a JA version)
Windows Mobile 6.5, the kernel is WinCE 5.2.21868

ROM Format
Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Specification
Removed apps:Community, Connected Home, Cube Menu, Digital Frame, Goolge Map, Podcast, Smart Search, Streaming Player, Video Editor,some Widgets
Input method:Removed Transcriber, hid Keyboard, Letter Recognizer and Block Recognizer(If you want to use them, I'll tell you how to, also you can search it yourself), only XT9 is available now
Smiling-button:Click once for Task Switcher, hold on for Screen Orientation
Today:Windows Today was set to be default, while Samsung Widget and Samsung Today are still there
Others:Replaced the original battery icon with a new one which is beautiful and showing percent, and self photo was supported

Comment
This phone is my first windows mobile phone, and also my first time customize a ROM. So if bugs or suggests just let me know, and I will optimize it in coming versions.

Attention
It's a risk flashing your phone, you must make it carefully.
Everything is on your own decision.

Screenshots and Download address
Look into attachments.

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
First, I wanna say we are so pleased that we have such a place in XDA, and hoping more and more friends coming into us.
This is a ROM customized by me several days ago which has already been released in MODACO and I3X(a forum in Chinese). This is an English only version, if you require more in Chinese please search I3X and there is a newer 1.1 version there. And I wanna say it worth trying. Enjoy it!

Release Date

Version

ROM Format
Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Specification
Removed apps:Community, Connected Home, Cube Menu, Digital Frame, Goolge Map, Podcast, Smart Search, Streaming Player, Video Editor,some Widgets
Input method:Removed Transcriber, hid Keyboard, Letter Recognizer and Block Recognizer(If you want to use them, I'll tell you how to, also you can search it yourself), only XT9 is available now
Today:Windows Today was set to be default, while Samsung Widget and Samsung Today are still there
Others:Replaced the original battery icon with a new one which is beautiful and showing percent, and self photo was supported

Comment
This phone is my first windows mobile phone, and also my first time customize a ROM. So if bugs or suggests just let me know, and I will optimize it in coming versions.

Attention

Look into attachments.

Congrats on your new ROM, I hope the Omnia 2 Users will benefit from it
Well done Chef
Badwolve1

VOODOOS!L

Nov 22, 2005
could we have a clean rom? would be nice to ahve more free memory. Eg by removing samsung today, samsung widget, samsung taskmanager, new battery app. I personally prefer WKTask battery with date+time in toolbar.

thanks anyway for this rom!! I hope many more will follow. Any tips/specific files available to be able to cook our own rom? wanna share them? thx!

Last edited:

spiritbabe30

Jul 10, 2009

Release Date

Version

ROM Format
Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Specification

Comment

Attention

Look into attachments.

Hi, Im new here. Can i know how to flash the rom?? & after i flash the rom, is the keyboard, GPS, Wifi & camera stil usable? & after i've flash the rom, can i revert it back to the original rom??

Last edited:

sandeeppathak007

Jan 16, 2008
New Delhi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Release Date

Version

ROM Format
Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Specification

Comment

Attention

Look into attachments.

Hey when are u releasing the updated version of this rom ?

I am using this rom and can say its really amazing

would love to see an updated one from u .

Regards

abbeysumit

Oct 7, 2009
Hi huzheyi, Your ROM is Excellent.. I liked it alot.. Its fast and very stable..
I am waiting for the next version of urs may a a lite one..
Thanks and Cheers
Abbey

spiritbabe30

Jul 10, 2009
Hi huzheyi, ur ROM is great. Thx 4 ur effort. Any chance for 6.5.3 update?? Perhaps u can try 2close some startup prog. 2 minimize the ram usage. If we can achieve 80mb free RAM then d fon will b flawless.