what kind of case do you use ?

Search This thread

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
How well does the clear hard plastic on the Ringke Fusion hold up to scratches from every-day use?
I don't have any scratches on mine, but then again I'm extremely careful with it. It will probably scratch if you're like most people and toss it around without care.
I think the trick with the Ringke fusion is to get used to setting it face down instead of face up so you can enjoy the glass back on the phone and protect the clear plastic from scratches.

Of course you also wouldn't want to put it in a pocket full of key and coins. :eek:

ramjet73

Sir_gpm

May 27, 2011
Managua
POCO X4 Pro
I think the trick with the Ringke fusion is to get used to setting it face down instead of face up so you can enjoy the glass back on the phone and protect the clear plastic from scratches.

Of course you also wouldn't want to put it in a pocket full of key and coins. :eek:

ramjet73
Mine has many scratch but got the white n4, so they are not easy to see. [emoji12]

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Apparently the other night when I drank way too much, I ended up actually ordering the Ringke Fusion. I didn't know until I found it in my mailbox.

Pretty nice case. Fits very tight, and I like the nubs on the corners that keep the case slightly elevated, so the plastic doesn't contact what its lying on, and so the speaker isn't muffled. I wish the TPU went past the screen a bit more, because with a tempered glass screen protector, it's nearly the same level.

ETA: Buttons on the Fusion feel better than any case I've used with any phone.

Last edited:

odoneout

Feb 20, 2013
I've noticed that dirt does like to collect in the back of the ringke fusion case. So far haven't scratched the back and have had the case for a year now.

groovepeppy

i know it's not new but i just recently bought official LG bumper case that went on sale, normally it was more than Rp.200.000,- in my country but i got it brand new at only Rp.80.000,- with free delivery
the phone gets bigger since the bumper arent so thin but i like the look, just like having a new phone if it was seen from aside LOL

xennos

Oct 7, 2014
Hello,

Rearth Ringke Fusion for me :)
transparent back, so nice.

PDair Leather Flip Case after that but not eazy for use in landscape mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poor Grammar

TPWarrior

Nov 9, 2012
Cincinnati
mowned.com
This may be a clone (or re-branded version) of the Meifeng Quicksand?

Not bad for $8 with free shipping. :good:

ramjet73

Here's another:

http://dx-box.com/meifeng-double-sided-matte-hard-case-for-lg-nexus-4-e960.html

Not sure if it's authentic Meifeng, but the case is branded in the pic.

I've been using the clear-back Ringke Fusion for about a year or so. I love the look. Started out with a dbrand skin- black leather- that I really liked. Last 6 month or so, no skin and enjoying the back again. But after a year, the back has scratched up a little bit. Between that, the fact that it shows finger marks and the dust that somehow gets between the phone and case, it doesn't look as good as it used to.

My favorite case ever was a Vaja black leather wrapped around hard plastic on my old Palm Treo. Loved that thing. Wish there were more options for the N4 like that.

Last edited:

ebaschiera

Jan 5, 2015
Ringke Fusion all the way, for me as well ;)
The back got scratched, I have to admit. It's two years old, indeed. And between the phone's back and the plastic window, some dirt often gets in the way. Anyway I'm completely satisfied.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been using the Ionic Guardian case for a while as my everyday case, really like it, and it is pretty cheap, under $10 for most colors. I also have a red Turtle Armor case that I use sometimes, it is pretty cheap but works well and has a holster. I did use a Mybat Tuff case for a while, it was great, but I just can't find it.

Been looking at the Boxwave Active series case lately, might order one with my next Amazon purchase to see what it is like, although for the price you can get an Otterbox, Trident, or Ballistic case.
    I've actually found that using no case, at least on this phone is the best for me. For one, I'm not afraid of dropping my phone because I rarely do. But for another reason, I find cases tend to make the phone buttons harder to use. I bought a legit SPIGEN case per my friend's recommendation but as soon as I got it I hated it. Buttons become harder to press because its no longer raised out of the body as much, and the thing I hate most is that the case was actually slippier to hold than the phone naked, because this phone has the side grip. With the case, I would have to use slide2wake/lock to make daily use easier but I like the slim feeling of the phone so there's no case for me. I've yet to find a good case for this phone so if people have one, let us know, I'm curious.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

I have a Ringke Fusion and find this case actually makes the buttons easier to press. There have been a handful of times without the case that I have to physically look at the phone to find the buttons.

Using a white Ringke Slim and loving it.

There's one problem though, the bit covering the front on the top left is larger than all the other ones, causing my phone to wobble when face-down on a table. Anyone else have this problem?

No problem with my Fusion but I did read some reviews. See if they will do an exchange for you.

As stated I have the Ringke Fusion. The added protection is great. I've dropped it a couple times and the bumper has handled it like a boss! Still being able to see what makes this phone so beautiful is a bonus! Why get a N4 if you're just going to cover up what makes it so pretty?

But, I digress, I think I'm going to opt for something like ghost armor as dust/dirt has gotten between the case and the phone and has marred the plastic fairly well. Does not appear to be any damages to the glass, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Also, the case seems to have vertically scratched the chrome trim around the bottom edge of the device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
    You guys know where can i find a red gel soft case? i bought one blue for 3€ but it's not so soft..:(
    nillkin white....cant find ringke anywhere in my country
    You might be interested in this thread.

ramjet73
    I use the main-stream ringke fusion case and have tossed it up, down, all around in my college dorm room without anything happening to it. I've dropped it a few times, but nonetheless the case has protected my Nexus 4 very well.

Yeah, Ringke Fusion cases are good, while not too bulky. I just wish they made the clear fusion case for the N4.