[Q] Cubot X6 Support

Search This thread

gaussrifle97

Apr 23, 2014
Hi, I was just wondering if the Cubot X6 has any rom support. I like the look of Cyanogenmod but this device isn't on there anywhere. It's only been out a month so that's understandable. It's running the MTK6592 Octa Core processor.

Also, is the cyanogenmod installer app safe to use?

Thanks

grogzie

Nov 15, 2014
phone is locked

just got my cubotx6 and is has locked me out , it is asking or a password , it is really annoying. is there a standard password for the phone?

Sachitoge

Nov 16, 2014
Wooot? Pass? Mhea, easy fix. Hold down volume down button and power button at the same time, and it will go to chinese recovery mode. From here, u can do factory reset and tadaaa, ur phone will be fully resetted without any password prompts.

Skickat från min X6 via Tapatalk

erika81

Nov 20, 2014
privacy protecion password

Wooot? Pass? Mhea, easy fix. Hold down volume down button and power button at the same time, and it will go to chinese recovery mode. From here, u can do factory reset and tadaaa, ur phone will be fully resetted without any password prompts.

Skickat från min X6 via Tapatalk

Hello there, excuse my bad english, anyway i got this cubot x6 and i set a privacy password wich locked the screen, now i did the hard reset and followed the whipe data user and cache thing, it says complete but then it asks for the password again.. can anyone help me please... :crying:

heidelbernd

Dec 5, 2014
Stuttgart
Hello Community,

this is my first post here. I bought a new Cubot x6 and cannot root it. Also there seems to be no way to flash it with linux. Is that right? Fastboot seems not to be (fully?) supported.
To root it I tried rootgenius, latest Framaroot and MTK Droid Tools on my lousy old windows 7 Starter laptop. I also couldn't find appropriate usb drivers... Can you help me?

Last edited:

andybux

Nov 6, 2009
Hello Community,

this is my first post here. I bought a new Cubot x6 and cannot root it. Also there seems to be no way to flash it with linux. Is that right? Fastboot seems not to be (fully?) supported.
To root it I tried rootgenius, latest Framaroot and MTK Droid Tools on my lousy old windows 7 Starter laptop. I also couldn't find appropriate usb drivers... Can you help me?

Hi I read on androidiani's forum that kingoroot should be work to root X6 with 4.4.
Asap I'll try

ksoulis

Dec 31, 2010
Hi, I have been using the X6 for just over a week and so far everything is working well, the phone is quite nice to use, all except for bluetooth. In general bluetooth works but intermittently the phone gets so knotted up that bluetooth won't turn on, the icon animation loops continuously. The phone must then be reset or sometimes have the battery removed to get bluetooth to turn on/off again, sometimes twice.

I can pair devices although sometimes it won't detect them first go. Other times it will tell me I have the incorrect PIN even though it is a previously paired device which is being re-paired. When all is paired and connected (bluetiger handsfree headset) calls are fine, audio is good, controls work as expected. Then when in standby the headset will still be connected and the button will answer an incoming call but the audio has reverted back to the handset, very frustrating during this time because trying to reconnect the headset will result in non responsive bluetooth power control and another reset is required. :eek:

I tried bluetooth auto connect app which works flawlessly with the headset on my regular phone, Galaxy S2. But to no improvement at all on the X6, infact it made things even more unstable so I uninstalled.

I have read the MTK6592 chip has bluetooth 4.0 and I'm guessing there is protocol issues with older devices but that doesn't account for not being able to turn it on or off, maybe it is more of a ROM/Android issue?

[QUESTIONS]:
1. Is anyone using a bluetooth handsfree with no problems with the X6?
2. Is anyone else having similar problems?

I' ve used two differrent bluetooth headsets with X6 and they seem to work without any problem.
Which Rom do you run?

Zombie1982

Jun 24, 2009
Hi,
I buy X6 with 4.4.2 stock rom. I rooted by patched cwm with SuperSu 2.4

I have problem with few apps. They search SD Card content in /mnt/media_rw/sdcard*
I checked by explorers that this folders are empty and no symlinks are there. Also modified platform.xml in /system/etc/permissions
I think there is no symlink from sdcards to /mnt/media_rw/
What can I do ?

ksoulis

Dec 31, 2010
Hi,
I buy X6 with 4.4.2 stock rom. I rooted by patched cwm with SuperSu 2.4

I have problem with few apps. They search SD Card content in /mnt/media_rw/sdcard*
I checked by explorers that this folders are empty and no symlinks are there. Also modified platform.xml in /system/etc/permissions
I think there is no symlink from sdcards to /mnt/media_rw/
What can I do ?

Which apps do you have problem with?

Zombie1982

Jun 24, 2009
For example:
Samba Filesharing show this folders in network and I can not change them in settings. They are hardcoded.
Or when I try to patch anything in Lucky Patcher it tells me "No access to sd card by root. Patch failed".
But I can see sd cards in /storage/sdcard* by es file explorer or players (mx, winamp) play content from right location.
there are symlinks in /mnt/sdacrd* but in /mnt/media_rw/sdcard* they are empty and when I delete them any daemon recreate them immediatly. So I can not create custom symlinks.

djcukor

Nov 22, 2012
Lollipop 5.1 on Cubot x6

Hi all,

I was wondering is there any chance we will see an upgrade to Lollipop 5.1 on Cubot x6?
Considering that 5.1 has a dual sim support, it would be very nice!

Thanks!

SparrowCZ

Sep 4, 2015
Cubot X6 broken screen

Hi there.
I got my hands on this CUBOT X6 with broken screen. I can see the screen just fine BUT can't operate it from its bottom half approximately.
I would like to use this Android phone as a security camera to watch my garage, but without control, I'm stuck :(
Can anyone pls point me to some links here on the forum to solve my below listed problems ? ( and YES I've spend searching and reading this and few other forums for the last few hours and found just what is listed below)

So....

1. The phone was locked with swipe password with the posibility to control only the top three dots, the other ones are dead - I managed to download stock ROM and Flashed it but....
2. It asks for a few details and requires you to click NEXT which is in the botom of the screen which is touch-dead. So i have searched and found this tread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2786395 But....
3. The phone is STOCK rom with absolutely no settings = no USB Debugging enabled and I do not know how to "modify the default.prop" http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53531429&postcount=17 when the screen is dead and no usb debuging is enabled = Can't access the file system (or can I ? )
4. The phone is not detected by the Android Control app at all.
5. The recovery is in Chineese ! :( (I tried translating it via Google Translate via pictures, but that did not shows me the option for entering the command prompt.

I'm too lame in this Android/Linux based sea, so if anyone is willing to help me here (if you think its possible) please give me some step by step guide how to do that. (links to treads would be enough)

Thanks a lot ! :)

Last edited:

silfv20

Nov 4, 2015
Hi SparrowCZ, your phone is OTG, so you can plug a mouse using a micro-usb male-usb female conector and control the mouse with it. And with a bit of money you can replace the screen.

Reactions: SparrowCZ

SparrowCZ

Sep 4, 2015
Really? So just plug a mouse in and it will work same as in win ? Without any previous settings in default factory Firmware ? Hmmm. Hear that for the first time. Thanks a lot. I'l try and post a result.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    my cubot x6 arrived today, i can root with framaroot.
    and now i want to install a recovery (CW/TWRP) and custom roms....
    any ideas where is the thread or forum?
    heres the link (http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-CWM-Recovery-for-CUBOT-X6) thnk baldinho for his work
    Hi, is anyone else having problems with the keyboard? I installed the latest 1.0 ROM, hoping it would fix but no it didn't. Problem is it seems the keys are not calibrated properly with what is displayed on the screen. Seem to have to hit the top part of letters out anything on the keyboard for it to register the correct key, example I might hit ? But I will get a . this is really annoying add I spend more time fixing errors than inputting. Couple of questions, is there any way to recalibrate the screen?
    Would installing muii room solve the issue - noticed someone on here is using it.
    Have also tried swiftkey etc, but doesn't help.
    Really hippie someone can help add it's so annoying not to be able to type properly.

Hi, i had the same problem, really annoying. I tried swiftkey etc also, and none helped.
    however I did install the google keyboard from the playstore, and made it default in preferences, and it seems a lot better.
    hopefully this helps you.
    Hi SparrowCZ, your phone is OTG, so you can plug a mouse using a micro-usb male-usb female conector and control the mouse with it. And with a bit of money you can replace the screen.