GUIDE : Dreaded Chevron unlocker issue

Search This thread

yahya.hamid

Apr 11, 2009
For all of you trying to instal WP7 and getting stuck at the dreaded chevron unlocker "Uh-OH" that will not let you pass, look no further. There are a lots of ifs and buts but no definite answer to it. Below method worked 100%.

I tried it multiple times. I in no way encourage you to use WP7 and unlocking procedures but heres simply what you do if you want to do

1. Instal Zune
  2. Connect WP7-HD2
  3. Click on the sync relationship below the picture of your LEO70
  4. key in any name...i used HD7
  5. Once connected, create a zune id...You can use your windows live id though
  6. Goto settings ---date and time and uncheck automatic date VERY IMPORTANT
  7. sync your phone...Check if port 443 is free that means no SKYPE or anything. Instal registry key in windows
  8. Put chevron installer on root of C
  9. Stop any antivirus & anti spyware IMPORTANT
  10. Run chevron with administrative controls
  11. Make sure before running chevron that Wp7 is Screen on and not keypad locked. Make sure the white screen on zune is there clearly showing your phone model and name that you made.

I do NOT have the developers kit or tools installed.

I am on windows 7 64 bit

So this kills all speculations.

Hope you guys can get it to work.

Last edited:

ugumba

May 18, 2007
Oslo
I needed to disable my web proxy (Privoxy, in my case) for ChevronWP7 to work.
Note that you may need to reboot for proxy changes to be picked up by the Zune *service* (not the app).

Reactions: fabrug

alfaro58

Apr 2, 2010
can u make a video ?

i was traying last 2 day to sync my hd2 (w7) to my pc (windows 7) with zune software but nothing works

yahya.hamid

Apr 11, 2009
DID you disable the auto time settings?

did you add the registry key?

Mind restarting the phone and the PC?

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
Ok..some noob questions because every day i see new things here and to much info just confuse me... This guide will help me unlock (jailbreak) my phone without Activation from Microsoft?????

Or do i need to follow these instructions first following by the MS Activation:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=912218

Also...My only care is to sync Music and images on my WP7 HD2.. I don't need games and such! What do i need to do?? I am downloading zune right now...After that?????

Last edited:

nova hands

Jun 16, 2008
Springfield
There doesn't seem to be a cure-all for this issue.

I was able to get mine successfully unlocked yesterday almost by chance.
I had to keep going into Command Prompt (administrator mode), keying in c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc, and then executing "notepad hosts" and deleting the host file that the phone kept creating everytime I ran Chevron.
I also had my phone in airplane mode.

Today, I decided to blow up the phone with Task29 and reflash WP7 to see if it helped my battery performance. Much to my chagrin, I was unable to duplicate whatever worked for me yesterday.

I'm back on Android until this is fixed with a known, proven solution for multiple users.

alfaro58

Apr 2, 2010
i just install the windows phone drivres and it woks , i just unlock my hd2 but the market dosent work on the phone

yahya.hamid

Apr 11, 2009
Ok..some noob questions because every day i see new things here and to much info just confuse me... This guide will help me unlock (jailbreak) my phone without Activation from Microsoft?????

Or do i need to follow these instructions first following by the MS Activation:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=912218

Also...My only care is to sync Music and images on my WP7 HD2.. I don't need games and such! What do i need to do?? I am downloading zune right now...After that?????

Instal ROM
Run Chevron
Instal XAP files
Get activation code
Activate

akbisw

Jun 27, 2010
Brooklyn, NewYork
I accidentally relocked the device but It wont unlock againn???? What kind of justification is that. Now I cant go back to unlcoked mode now.!!! Please help. Tried all of the above.

trizzle21

Mar 11, 2010
boston,ma
how did you install windows phone drivers

i just install the windows phone drivres and it woks , i just unlock my hd2 but the market dosent work on the phone

how did you install the windows phone drivers because when I plug my phone on my computer ( windows Vista 32bit) it just say it just say installing that's it. Also i can't see the phone in Zune no matter what USB port i use or computer. Help would be greatly appreciated. :confused::confused::confused:

alfaro58

Apr 2, 2010
wooooooooow it work !

thanks man , im sooo happy with my new Hd2 (windows phone ) live services works now ( include the market) thanks a lot and sorry for my english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all of you trying to instal WP7 and getting stuck at the dreaded chevron unlocker "Uh-OH" that will not let you pass, look no further. There are a lots of ifs and buts but no definite answer to it. Below method worked 100%.

I tried it multiple times. I in no way encourage you to use WP7 and unlocking procedures but heres simply what you do if you want to do

1. Instal Zune
    2. Connect WP7-HD2
    3. Click on the sync relationship below the picture of your LEO70
    4. key in any name...i used HD7
    5. Once connected, create a zune id...You can use your windows live id though
    6. Goto settings ---date and time and uncheck automatic date VERY IMPORTANT
    7. sync your phone...Check if port 443 is free that means no SKYPE or anything. Instal registry key in windows
    8. Put chevron installer on root of C
    9. Stop any antivirus & anti spyware IMPORTANT
    10. Run chevron with administrative controls
    11. Make sure before running chevron that Wp7 is Screen on and not keypad locked. Make sure the white screen on zune is there clearly showing your phone model and name that you made.

I do NOT have the developers kit or tools installed.

I am on windows 7 64 bit

So this kills all speculations.

Hope you guys can get it to work.
    also i had to close the SKYPE, however it sounds :D
    Chevron will not connect to the phone if your hosts file contains:

127.0.0.1 developerservices.windowsphone.com

so if you find this in your hosts file then delete it.

By the way....

I do not have a Zune ID
    I have automatic time & date set to ON
    I do not have Chevron on root of C:.
    I do not stop my antivirus software.

There is also a patch for re-lock problem when syncing again with Zune.

Works a charm.
    I needed to disable my web proxy (Privoxy, in my case) for ChevronWP7 to work.
    Note that you may need to reboot for proxy changes to be picked up by the Zune *service* (not the app).
    The file is in \windows\system32\drivers\etc\

Also check that it is not write protected.

It is also not possible to edit while in the folder. So copy it somewhere else, edit it there and copy it back.