[MOD][ICS]Recent Apps, quickpanel toggle w/sound, NO CARRIER LABEL-Alpha2 & Seraphim

Search This thread

CreekDirt

Mar 16, 2011
This is a very nice upgrade to the task manager! You have been thanked and rated 5 stars.

On the ICS version, how would I go about changing the notification bar icons blue? Is it as simple as unpacking the zip, recoloring the images, repacking the zip, and then flashing? The green is a Gingerbread color.

Reactions: lactardjosh

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
This is a very nice upgrade to the task manager! You have been thanked and rated 5 stars.

On the ICS version, how would I go about changing the notification bar icons blue? Is it as simple as unpacking the zip, recoloring the images, repacking the zip, and then flashing? The green is a Gingerbread color.

Thanks for the thanks and stars.

You can do it that way, yes. You just need to change out the images in res/drawable-xhdpi.
The green is just the stock ICS color from Samsung. DAGr8 didn't change the colors for A2.

Here's a hint though: You can flash the Seraphim version if you have A2 and it'll give you the blue like in the screenshot. That's actually what I did when I tested it. I'm just not going to officially say that in the OP because it's not really good practice to cross system files like that. And it might not work...just make sure you have revert files and nandroids.

CreekDirt

Mar 16, 2011
Instead of cross flashing I will recolor them just to be sure. It will give me some practice too altering files to suit my needs.

th3g1z

Mar 29, 2011
thanks for the quick updates, at my computer now and see the screenie's looking nice.. flash in 5..4..3..ooo nice done and looking perty; no issues like the other toggle mods.. you da shiz :) thanked and rated 5 star thread

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Great job works on Collective rom and looks great. Keep up the nice work. :)

Update: Running this for the last 8 hours and had two random reboots and lost time twice. Going to revert to my nandroid. :'(

Sent from the TermiNOTEr! ;)

Last edited:

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA
Been running this all day long. Since 7 am this has been running flawlessly. No reboots, force closes or battery drain to speak of. Looks and works awesome. Dude, you're the man! Thanks for this!

Sent from my supercharged Seraphim Note.
Hit my thanks if I helped you :)

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Been running this all day long. Since 7 am this has been running flawlessly. No reboots, force closes or battery drain to speak of. Looks and works awesome. Dude, you're the man! Thanks for this!

Did u supercharge after u applied this tweak or before? What settings are u using for supercharger?

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA
What exactly are u using besides 768?

Kick ass kernelizer with io tweaks, that's about it. I also schedule a detailing (database and sqlite vacuum and reindex) to run once a day and fix emissions to run at boot along with the 99 supercharger script and 98 kernel script .

rg1973

Jun 6, 2006
Anyway u could do the blue for alpha2 like u did for the other ROM? ,42

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD][ICS]Recent Apps, quickpanel toggle w/sound, NO CARRIER LABEL-Alpha2 & Seraphim

This is a few different mods rolled into one.
    First mod is for recent apps thumbnails, based on evilisto's excellent guide. I've made my own changes to it. This is not his WP7 app switcher.

Update 4/19: I made some mods to the quickpanels in version 2. Removed the text, got rid of the permanent settings notification and moved the settings button next to the date. Also, I added the sound toggle back into the quickpanel and removed the power saving.

Update 4/20: Carrier label has been removed from the status bar at all times.

There are now versions of V2 and V3 for DAGr8's Alpha 2 and The Collective's Seraphim
    Update: Unofficially V1 is working on Seraphim, too, based on babalonius508's feedback.

This mod changes the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk so you WILL LOSE all framework and other status bar mods, including the 15 toggle mod. BUT, version 2 has it's own toggle mod, adding in the sound toggle to switch between silent/vibrate/sound!

==>USB mount works with this toggle mod because it's native!<==

Screenshots:
    L9plZl3K

f3EvIHLJ

Version 2 additions:
    5tSlNpcy

Video:
    http://youtu.be/mzWFbGXNmVE

Stock Seraphim version:
    RbK45qAp

Version 3:
    No carrier label:
    XSa4alZ9

---
    snrw2INY

Flash in CWM:
    Version 3 (thumbnail, toggle, and carrier label mods)
    DOWNLOAD V3 for Alpha 2 MD5: F85B0832EBDB24727B911443AFAA5EE0
    DOWNLOAD V3 for Seraphim MD5: CB0C157D249899D908CD3C2B880A84D5

Version 2 (thumbnail and toggle mods)
    DOWNLOAD V2 for Alpha 2 MD5: 5356D0F77E37088ADA52961BA00A0747
    DOWNLOAD V2 for Seraphim MD5: 09A200AF51269E3C5FC8B316F0A8FF56

Version 1 (thumbnail changes only)
    DOWNLOAD MOD for Alpha 2 MD5: E657A02B265A6B557BC5EB88F8F1B681

Reverts:
    Revert back to stock Alpha 2 MD5: BA293182C568D3406359B797FAD1FDD1
    Revert back to stock Seraphim MD5: 7CAFB5BB2AFBD661EC3DF709BC94301A

Disclaimer - I am not responsible if you mess up your phone in any way. Remember this is only for DAGr8's ICS Alpha 2 and it will remove any other status bar and framework mods you've already done. Using the Alpha 2 revert doesn't get the toggles back, either. You need to flash that mod again.

If you read this far, put "42" somewhere in your post.
    Updated the OP with a version for Seraphim.
    If you're interested in doing the thumbnail mod for yourself, these are the files that I changed.

framework:
    res\values\dimens.xml

systemui:
    res\values\dimens.xml
    res\values\bools.xml
    res\values-port\dimens.xml
    res\layout-port\status_bar_recents_item.xml
    res\layout-port\tw_status_bar_recent_panel.xml
    res\layout-land\status_bar_recents_item.xml
    res\layout-land\tw_status_bar_recent_panel.xml
    Changelog

V1 - DAGr8's Alpha 2 only
    Hi-res thumbnails
    Large thumbnails
    Changed background

V2 - DAGr8's Alpha 2 and The Collective's Seraphim
    Added quickpanel toggle for sound/vibrate/silent
    Removed quickpanel labels and indicators
    Reduced size of quickpanel toggles
    Removed consistent Settings notification
    Added Settings button next to the date
    Added version for Seraphim

V3 - DAGr8's Alpha 2 and The Collective's Seraphim
    Removed the carrier label from the status bar

Thanks for the thanks and stars.

You can do it that way, yes. You just need to change out the images in res/drawable-xhdpi.
    The green is just the stock ICS color from Samsung. DAGr8 didn't change the colors for A2.

Here's a hint though: You can flash the Seraphim version if you have A2 and it'll give you the blue like in the screenshot. That's actually what I did when I tested it. I'm just not going to officially say that in the OP because it's not really good practice to cross system files like that. And it might not work...just make sure you have revert files and nandroids.